• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UK After Brexit

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When she next descends from the clouds... Mary Poppins will be met by immigration officers who will ask to see her papers or passport and determine if she is allowed to stay. No singing will be allowed until she clears customs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Sorry, can't read the article without a contribution or subscription to the WP.

Odd, I was able to read it although I was expecting not to be able. Anyway, you didn't miss much, just a lot of "as an American tourist you won't be affected".

The two main issues that are likely to have any impact on Americans visiting the UK is a better exchange rate between the $ and £ and potential longer queues at immigration as EU passengers will be joining the non British lines.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for the summary. I know that a bill was recently suggested by a British MP to reinstate the ability of citizens of Commonwealth realms who share HM Queen Elizabeth as monarch and head-of-state to be able to use the UK citizens line (e.g. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, etc.). Not sure the bill got off the ground or went anywhere, but I would have voted for that!!

I miss those days pre-EU when we got to use the UK and Commonwealth line, especially at Heathrow when two or three big jumbo jets have just landed from the USA. Although if we are flying Air Canada Signature Class, the priority Customs and Immigration line is a very nice perk and good substitute. :D:cool:

w879jr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Odd, I was able to read it although I was expecting not to be able. Anyway, you didn't miss much, just a lot of "as an American tourist you won't be affected".

The two main issues that are likely to have any impact on Americans visiting the UK is a better exchange rate between the $ and £ and potential longer queues at immigration as EU passengers will be joining the non British lines.

Nobody can predict what the bankers will decide on exchange rates post Brexit. They don't like the uncertainty that we have been living with, and that may cease when the current Brexit farce ends one way or another. My personal experience is that the exchange rate against the dollar has been c**p for the past few years, and every time Boris or one of his pals spoke up it always got worse. A final decison either way may benefit the £.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

Ugh!!! It took us over an hour last May to get thru immigration at Heathrow; one of several large planes landing at same time. I shudder to think how long immigration will take with EU passengers too. I'm glad we decided to visit last year and not this year or next.