• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrade at Grand Desert not honored

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
At check in today at the Grand Desert, was told that the resort did not have the 3br unit that my reservation indicated. I booked on 2/6/19 and received an upgrade on 2/13/19. The manager said they have asked corporate to look into the error. Hm..... Will wyndham ever fix their system???

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you received a 3 Bedroom upgrade confirmation, then you reserved 3 bedroom. That size unit should have been removed from available inventory. I wonder if Extra Holiday has something to do with it.

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
They indicated that the 3br never existed. The upgrade was an error. I saw a previous post about the same thing happening with a 4br presidential and Grand Desert only has 3 of those.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
They do have 3 Bedrooms and if you had a confirmed upgrade to a 3 Bedroom it's up to Wyndham to make it right. If you had more than 8 guests and needed a 3 bedroom, what were you suppose do? I'd document the problem and contact Customers Care and make a complaint.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Sure seems unacceptable to me. Going on 2 years now with this new system.

Equally concerning is that it doesn't seem that the resorts are overly concerned with the errors or inconveniences. Not just this situation, but in other postings as well.

I would expect WYN and the resorts to be bending over backwards to correct booking errors on their part.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They do have 3 Bedrooms and if you had a confirmed upgrade to a 3 Bedroom it's up to Wyndham to make it right. If you had more than 8 guests and needed a 3 bedroom, what were you suppose do? I'd document the problem and contact Customers Care and make a complaint.

It wasn’t your error. It’s a promised use of your contract, upgrades. Demand it! Or get the entire amount of points refunded!! Don’t take “sorry” for an answer.

One or the other - 3 bedroom unit or free stay!

Zeke_62

TUG Member
Reaction score
The attitude was interesting. They did not seem to feel compelled to accommodate a 3br. They seemed to think that providing the original room size was acceptable. When I asked, they did add a 1br. We ended up with a 2dx and a 1br. Our stay ended up acceptable, but what would have happened if they did not have an extra 1br ???

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Between TUG and Facebook I'm seeing reports of this is happening at Grand Desert, Branson at the Meadows and Sea Gardens. That makes me wonder if there are other resorts this is happening at that we've haven't heard about. Just one resort I would tend to pass off as a fluke but three resorts? Houston, we have a problem.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Between TUG and Facebook I'm seeing reports of this is happening at Grand Desert, Branson at the Meadows and Sea Gardens. That makes me wonder if there are other resorts this is happening at that we've haven't heard about. Just one resort I would tend to pass off as a fluke but three resorts? Houston, we have a problem.
The reply from Houston (Wyndham), "WE DON'T CARE!"

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Your vacation inconvenience is one thing when traveling. Still a major problem for sure.

But if rented by someone expecting a three bedroom paid premium for , only getting a 2 bedroom is going to be real trouble for the one renting it out.

The oh well attitude really stinks, my inconvenience is one thing, I do not want any problems for my renters. That would leave a sour taste for sure!

Jae1242

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me at St. Thomas margaritaville twice. the resort sent an email the week of check-in both times to say the upgrade was not available.

Jae1242

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has requested upgrades for May/june and not received it? Do you think Wyndham limits the number of upgrades an owner can receive?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would think that calling the resorts when we receive the upgrades might be required. Thus allowing them to confirm are upgrade at the time we receive it and NOT give them time to deny it later. I have not had issues with not getting my rooms size, but I have had plenty of issues of not getting my requested room numbers when though the system accept the request.

John_and_Val

Reaction score
Nashville - check in 6/17 check out 6/20 .... shows a 1 bedroom suite
You can't book it!!!
Called and they said just keep trying!!!!!
Unbelievable

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Nashville - check in 6/17 check out 6/20 .... shows a 1 bedroom suite
You can't book it!!!
Called and they said just keep trying!!!!!
Unbelievable
I don't see it. I hope you got it!

I had a terrible experience yesterday with Owner Care. They don't seem to have the ability to do anything anymore. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in customer service and not be able to do the right thing for a customer. Either not empowered to or the system not allowing it - and in Wyndham's case - I believe it's both. I wonder what morale is like these days.

I was told they could't help me (with an upgrade issue) because I had previously been granted a one time exemption. An utter joke, granting a one time exemption to correct a system issue? I suggested that inside of granting one time exemptions for their customers, they write limitless bugs (tickets, whatever you want to call them) to their IT department and start recognizing they continue to have system issues.

Way to go WYN - make it your owners/customers fault instead of stepping up to the plate and fixing things!

Reaction score
Based on this and other upgrade issues I've seen reported, I called to verify an upgrade I just received from a 1br to a 3br presidential. The resort passed me around fairly quickly. The 3rd person told me, "We can't tell you if we will have the 3 presidential until a day or 2 ahead of time. we don't make the reservations here, they are just downloaded to us." I pointed out that if I had 8 people with plane tickets, and I arrive to be told that corporate made an error, I would be in quite a pickle. She sent me to the manager who looked and said the 3 presidential appeared to exist and she would make sure to add a note to my reservation that said I needed the 3br and to not change it.

wow.....

Reaction score
it has happened again! I have a 3br for last night and tonight. At check in, Grand Desert did not have the 3br that i have booked. The staff indicated that the system overbooked them. After complaining, the manager did provide a 2dx and a 1dx, but this is a family and we wanted to all be in the same unit.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea but....... You can count on Wyndham and Wyndham really cares!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did hundreds a month all upgraded as I had to offset the $99 guest fees.

Best of luck. Sounds like different problems sane responses.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
it has happened again! I have a 3br for last night and tonight. At check in, Grand Desert did not have the 3br that i have booked. The staff indicated that the system overbooked them. After complaining, the manager did provide a 2dx and a 1dx, but this is a family and we wanted to all be in the same unit.
That was awful nice of them (snort). You should not have had to complain, they should have been scrambling to accommodate you. You have a confirmed reservation. I hope they also refunded all your points.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Wow, that is just crazy. Sorry this happened to you. Maybe Privileges will fix all this :crash:

luvNMB52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure seems unacceptable to me. Going on 2 years now with this new system.

Equally concerning is that it doesn't seem that the resorts are overly concerned with the errors or inconveniences. Not just this situation, but in other postings as well.

I would expect WYN and the resorts to be bending over backwards to correct booking errors on their part.

We experienced this at Sea Watch. I made a last minute reservation (one week out) and was able to reserve a 1bdx at discounted points and got an automatic upgrade to a 3bdx! Wow! I’m happy!

Got a phone call at home on the check-in date asking if we “need” the 3br... we actually didn’t... so they changed us to a 2bdx. Also gave us a gift of some wine and other insignificant items and room was ready upon early arrival.

They told us the 3bdx had never been available and didn’t know why system allowed that upgrade. Anyway, we accepted the situation without a fuss. Now I’m wondering if I should complain and try and get some points back. What do you all think?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We experienced this at Sea Watch. I made a last minute reservation (one week out) and was able to reserve a 1bdx at discounted points and got an automatic upgrade to a 3bdx! Wow! I’m happy!

Got a phone call at home on the check-in date asking if we “need” the 3br... we actually didn’t... so they changed us to a 2bdx. Also gave us a gift of some wine and other insignificant items and room was ready upon early arrival.

They told us the 3bdx had never been available and didn’t know why system allowed that upgrade. Anyway, we accepted the situation without a fuss. Now I’m wondering if I should complain and try and get some points back. What do you all think?

If they made a good faith adjustment that was adequate and you accepted- I would think the right thing to is let it be.

Of course that’s up to you.