• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Hyatt Points in Interval International

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few questions about this:

1. Can you transfer just a subset of a years points to II, or is either all or nothing?
2. I assume you can use one week's worth of points to obtain multiple weeks in II if you're willing to go low season/downgrade size?
3. If you go that route, does II charge you a fee for each week? Does HRC charge a fee to transfer to II?

Thanks everyone!

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
  1. Yes, you can transfer any portion of remaining points into II, as long as you are still within the EEE (external exchange) window. Hyatt will notify you of that deadline a couple of times as you are approaching it.
  2. Yes, since Hyatt points are highly valued within II, you will have visibility on all highly-rated Marriotts and Vistana properties as well as lower-rated properties--and you can certainly stretch your usage by choosing low season and smaller units to obtain multiple weeks. You will not have visibility to Hyatt, however. You can only trade into Hyatt through the internal exchange.
  3. II does charge fees--both on the initial transfer, and on each subsequent reservation you make through II. There are different levels of membership in II, so the fees vary.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
  1. Yes, you can transfer any portion of remaining points into II, as long as you are still within the EEE (external exchange) window. Hyatt will notify you of that deadline a couple of times as you are approaching it.
  2. Yes, since Hyatt points are highly valued within II, you will have visibility on all highly-rated Marriotts and Vistana properties as well as lower-rated properties--and you can certainly stretch your usage by choosing low season and smaller units to obtain multiple weeks. You will not have visibility to Hyatt, however. You can only trade into Hyatt through the internal exchange.
  3. II does charge fees--both on the initial transfer, and on each subsequent reservation you make through II. There are different levels of membership in II, so the fees vary.

Hyatt II accounts start at Gold Level in II(included in your MF's--you can pay for an upgrade to Platinum). You have the ability to use your EEE points for II short stay and hotel exchanges too(of course fees are involved).

Some Marriotts may not be visible at first due to Marriott priority making them only available for Marriott to Marriott exchanges. As WalnutBaron stated Hyatt points do trade well in II. I have been very successful using Hyatt points for Marriott Timber Lodge exchanges during ski season(mostly two bedroom exchanges).

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. This may sound like a dumb question, but how exactly does II work? Does it assign your deposit some sort of trading value that you can use for other units of similar value?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks everybody. This may sound like a dumb question, but how exactly does II work? Does it assign your deposit some sort of trading value that you can use for other units of similar value?
Yes. II has a resort rating system with four tiers--Elite, Premier, Select, and Standard. All Hyatts are rated as Elite resorts in II, which means you'll be getting top level trading value. All of that said, I recommend you do the following:
  • Buy at one of the Hyatt resorts you know you'll enjoy and which is most easily accessible for you.
  • You can also consider which Hyatts have lower ongoing maintenance fees and buy there. Hyatt Pinon Pointe in Sedona has the lowest annual maintenance fees, but some TUGgers think that may change now that Pinon Pointe is nearly sold out. (I happen to disagree, since much of Pinon Pointe's ongoing maintenance costs are offset by the boutique retail center that is built on the property and provides significant income to the property through retail rentals.)
  • If you can't use your home resort, you'll be placed into the CUP program which allows you to trade within the Hyatt system. Most properties are fairly easy to trade into, but there are exceptions.
  • Only after exhausting these avenues, you can consider depositing your points with II. The exception, of course, is if you have your heart set on a location where Hyatt properties do not exist. For example, Hyatt has no overseas locations--so if you want to exchange into Europe, you'll need to use II.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm purchasing an EOY diamond 2bd at Pinon Pointe. I like to travel to Hawaii, it seems like if I move some points to Interval I might be able to get multiple weeks in low season that way (although obviously not at as nice a resort at a Hyatt).

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We have seen Westin Princeville a few times in II and are staying at Marriott KoOlina
in Dec

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

The following chart shows how many Hyatt points that you need to exchange into a particular size unit at a particular season. The season is determined by the TDI of the region that you want to exchange into which the resort is located in. The peak season is the highest TDI.

As you can see Hyatt has a favorable exchange leverage in II. A diamond week 2BR in a Hyatt could potentially exchange into both a 2BR and a 1BR at an II resort during peak season.

21692317876_00b53f72ed_c.jpg

Last edited:

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
From a newbie...When the Sunset Harbor week I purchased transferred, I ended up with some EEE points also. Am I correct, I will need to register an account at II, to use those points? Is there a fee for joining II?

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
II is part of your maintenance fee with Hyatt. You will get your membership within a few weeks from II, after all the paperwork is finished from Hyatt, no need to pay anything. Congrats!!

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all Hyatt's equal in II? As in, if I put 800 points into II, does it matter at all what week or property they are from in terms of what I can trade for?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all Hyatt's equal in II? As in, if I put 800 points into II, does it matter at all what week or property they are from in terms of what I can trade for?

It doesn't matter. 800 points are 800 points.

Of course check the chart for the points required for a trade in II. 870 points are needed for a high TDI one bedroom unit.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. 800 points are 800 points.

Of course check the chart for the points required for a trade in II. 870 points are needed for a high TDI one bedroom unit.
Thanks. I used the 800 as a random example. I think I read that in most cases you can for example trade your 1bd into Interval and if a 2bd is available get the 2bd for a small upcharge. Would that not be the case with depositing Hyatt points?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I used the 800 as a random example. I think I read that in most cases you can for example trade your 1bd into Interval and if a 2bd is available get the 2bd for a small upcharge. Would that not be the case with depositing Hyatt points?

You always pay the number of points indicated on the chart for a trade.

In II if you want the highest TDI two bedroom unit it will cost 1300 points. If you are using ePlus on a one bedroom 870 point trade and you want to ePlus to a two bedroom highest TDI unit you will have to use an additional 430 points in the retrade using ePlus. You cannot pay an up charge. You have to use additional points.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the chart. Would be nice if this was in one of the stickies.

Agree good leverage. I can't comment on availability seen, but I'm kind of surprised by such low points needed for studios. I would assume the Westins in Hawaii or Marriott Ko Olina would be easier to get studios than larger units due to preference periods, but even still a Diamond 2BR @2200 points would be just under 20% of annual points to exchange into a studio. If those Hyatt MFs were $1300, that's only ~$500 total cost for a week exchange, right?

The following chart shows how many Hyatt points that you need to exchange into a particular size unit at a particular season. The season is determined by the TDI of the region that you want to exchange into which the resort is located in. The peak season is the highest TDI.

As you can see Hyatt has a favorable exchange leverage in II. A diamond week 2BR in a Hyatt could potentially exchange into both a 2BR and a 1BR at an II resort during peak season.

21692317876_00b53f72ed_c.jpg

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the chart. Would be nice if this was in one of the stickies.

Agree good leverage. I can't comment on availability seen, but I'm kind of surprised by such low points needed for studios. I would assume the Westins in Hawaii or Marriott Ko Olina would be easier to get studios than larger units due to preference periods, but even still a Diamond 2BR @2200 points would be just under 20% of annual points to exchange into a studio. If those Hyatt MFs were $1300, that's only ~$500 total cost for a week exchange, right?

Correct. Hyatt Residence Club originally negotiated a favorable exchange contract within II for its owners.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hopefully the point chart won’t change. Shell used to have a very favorable rate chart, until a few years ago when they separated to base, premier and elite tiers and almost doubled the required points for the good stuff. Shell used to be a power trader now it’s way too expensive to use as a trader.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's say I have 1300 Hyatt points. Would it be reasonable to find week 34 or 35 at Marriott Beachplace Towers on II? Let's assume a year out.

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's say I have 1300 Hyatt points. Would it be reasonable to find week 34 or 35 at Marriott Beachplace Towers on II? Let's assume a year out.

It's available but not 1 year out. I pulled current availability in II for you. See attached.

Attachments

• Interval International _ Destination Units Available for My Exchange.pdf
    179.1 KB · Views: 114

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
1300 Hyatt points = 1300 interval points. A typical high demand (diamond week) Hyatt 2 bedroom is 2200 points, and a 2 bedroom Interval high demand (high TDI) is 1300 points. This is what makes the Hyatt a good trader in II. In essence, you can get more for your points.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
1300 Hyatt points = 1300 interval points. A typical high demand (diamond week) Hyatt 2 bedroom is 2200 points, and a 2 bedroom Interval high demand (high TDI) is 1300 points. This is what makes the Hyatt a good trader in II. In essence, you can get more for your points.
Very helpful. This is my first timeshare and exchange is what I care about most. Thanks!

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once I deposit my Hyatt points into II, how long do I have to use them before they expire?

The HRC website will tell you.

You don’t deposit them to II you transfer them to EEE points. The EEE expiration date will be the date you have to use them before.