• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using II deals for exchanges

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I exchange through II and am wondering who picks up exchanges using the "Take2" deals or "last minute" deals? Have you gotten some good exchanges? We only have one Marriott timeshare with a lock-off, and am trying to decide do we purchase another trader or try using these II deals instead if we can get into some nice places. We usually only stay at Marriott timeshares but am considering trying other brands if they are rated good. We also have some ACs in our account but they never seemed to get us anything we're interested in.

My husband and I enjoy traveling and can now travel during the off season since our kids are on their own and no longer travel with us on a regular basis.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I have used a Getaway/last minute deal to stay in a Westin in Palm Springs last summer. The getaways/last minute deals are usually a dang good deal but not necessarily the most readily available during peak seasons, just like the ACs.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to use the Choose 2 until they stopped including Marriotts and limited the use dates.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buying RCI and Interval weeks outright can be a great deal if you are open to travel location, and have lots of flexibility in when you travel. We only have one timeshare that we trade (we mostly own where we want to vacation), and have decided that buying another week to trade just doesn't make sense for us anymore. We frequently take advantage of AC's, Last Minute, and Getaway vacations. We just spent two weeks hiking in Sedona using Getaway weeks, and the cost of each week was only a bit more than what the exchange fees alone would have been. To give you an idea of what I've found, I just went over my Interval history, and some of the vacations I bought in the last few years are listed below. With only one exception, every week was less than my MF's + exchange fees would have been. Most were only $200-400/wk, the most expensive were the Westin Maui 2BR's at $1,000/wk (and weren't even available as a trade). I hunt for Getaway deals as often/more than I search for trades these days.

Interval International
Avenue Plaza, New Orleans (Thanksgiving and Mardi Gras weeks)
Casa Dorado on Medano Beach, Cabo (August)
King's Creek and The Colonies in Williamsburg, VA (May and September)
Marriott's Summit Watch, Park City (June)
Marriott's Ocean Club, Maui (July)
Marriott's Waiohai, Kauai (March)
Marriott's Willow Ridge, Branson (April)
Ridge on Sedona, AZ X2 (January)
Westin Ka'anapali X3 (January and October)
Westin Nanea, Maui X2 (June)

RCI
Grand Bliss, Nuevo Vallarta (October)
Outer Banks Beach Club, Kill Devil Hills, NC (February)
Smugglers Notch, VT (September)
WorldMark Steamboat Springs, CO (October)

Last edited:

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all who responded. I've decided to look into the Getaways for several months and see what I can find. We're pretty booked for this year anyways, so I have time to decide what we should do. I really don't want to add another timeshare with all the fees that goes with trading them. I believe I'll do some research and then I'll decide what to do completely.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We had thought about purchasing another timeshare week, either for Feb break week, or to trade. However, I found that I can get SOMETHING in New England close to (if not AT) a ski destination, for way cheaper...so for now, that's what we're doing. This week, we're at Attitash in a 1BR sleeps 8. My all-in price (taxes included) was less than $450, using an RCI Extra Vacation Week. Hard to knock that! Next year, we're at Eastern Slope Inn. Just takes some diligence and flexibility. I only recently joined II, so I'm still figuring out what's available through them. Good luck!