• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Internationale and Interval International

sal56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been an owner of VI for many years. It started out as SunTerra. I recently signed up for a year of Interval International to possibly get more benefit from my ownership.
I don't see anyone discussing these companies. Why is that? I would like to learn all the ins and outs to get the most from my money.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's true that VI is a smaller resort group- though one I like a LOT. I own 2 that are in VRI and 'piggyback' (have some weeks/units) in VI resorts. When they sold you on joining II, did they give you a 'ratio' of how many II points you would get for each VI point you deposit? I don't know that you'll get more value for your money, but you may get more (and different) resorts to choose from. IMO, the II resorts are generally of a 'higher end' of the market than those you might have seen in VI and RCI. But that may just be my perception. Most of the 'hotel branded' timeshares, like Marriott, Hyatt, Starwood seem to exchange through II, so the discussions are more in those resort forums rather than in the Exchanging forum. Most of us have found that you get more bang for the buck by exchanging within the 'family' like Marriott for Marriott or HGVC for HGVC (Yes I know this is in RCI) than for instance exchanging a Hyatt week for a Starwood week.

Baybe it's just perception, but this is mine.

Jim

sal56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I am poorly informed about a lot in the timeshare world, that's why I joined TUG. My main reason for joining II was the larger pool of properties to choose from, not that I would do much exchanging, but trying to find some of the short notice discounted vacations and that sort of thing.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I am poorly informed about a lot in the timeshare world, that's why I joined TUG. My main reason for joining II was the larger pool of properties to choose from, not that I would do much exchanging, but trying to find some of the short notice discounted vacations and that sort of thing.
Had you simply not joined ANY exchange? Is VI primarily aligned with II or RCI? I know about RCI's Last Calls (cash rentals inside 45 days from check-in) but am not familiar with II's (I think they're called) Getaways.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
There isn't much discussion of VI on this board. What there is typically shows up in "All Other Timeshares"

I own 451 VI points and a lot of other timeshares. If you have VI questions I would be happy to help.