• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village at Parkway

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the rental procedure at Vacation Village at Parkway should an owner want to rent his/her week?

I understand that the resort will rent your unit for you, for a price of course, but what if the owner rents it to someone? What procedures need to be followed when doing it yourself?

Thanks

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You shouldn't do that. Renting a week at VVP isn't going to net you much money, especially by the resort. They cannot get much for it. Maybe you should just exchange the week for something else? If you don't like RCI, maybe an exchange company that does have crazy high fees.

Do you know there are some really ugly and rundown units at VVP? I have only stayed in the better units, but I have a good friend who stayed there in January and said it was not at all what he'd seen in the pictures. He was very disappointed.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A agree. They have so many units that they rarely have to dip into the owner pool of rentals. With the possible exceptions of Christmas and New Year you would be lucky to have then rent out a few nights. If on the other hand you are willing to rent to friends who are specifically looking for a pet friendly unit (one of the few things that disguishes VV from most of the other resorts) and are just looking to cover your MF's then you might be able. You need to send the guest authorization in writing sent by fax or email.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Just purchased the unit a few months ago and have yet to visit. I have a deeded week# 52 and can't make it this year so wanted to rent it out.

The reviews for this resort it seems, are all over the place, from very good to very bad.

I'm hoping the deeded week, being when it is, will allow for a higher rent and exceed the maintenance fee.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
You can try to rent it on TUG but $700. Is max for last minute rentals

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So your week is guaranteed for week 52? That is a great thing. Are you sure it's fixed week/unit? Most are float.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
So your week is guaranteed for week 52? That is a great thing. Are you sure it's fixed week/unit? Most are float.

Yea, it's deeded and fixed.

The reviews, although you can't always believe them, swing in both directions.

Sale prices for that week remain high as do rental prices. I don't know if this resort puts you in your assigned unit or just one comparable, as do others.

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's deeded and fixed.

The reviews, although you can't always believe them, swing in both directions.

Sale prices for that week remain high as do rental prices. I don't know if this resort puts you in your assigned unit or just one comparable, as do others.
Why don't you deposit it into RCI. A week 52 will net between 70-76 TPU's if deposited as two separate one bedroom units if not deposited late. The week 52 is one of the best TPU generators in RCI.