• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Veterans’ program for timeshare exchange donation?

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I have an exchange week coming up in early November at Foxhunt at Sapphire Valley that I will not be able use and didn’t take out the insurance on. Are there any reputable veterans’ groups that anyone has donated an exchange week to? I would assume that since I would not be getting any money for it, it would not be breaking the exchange company rules. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I have an exchange week coming up in early November at Foxhunt at Sapphire Valley that I will not be able use and didn’t take out the insurance on. Are there any reputable veterans’ groups that anyone has donated an exchange week to? I would assume that since I would not be getting any money for it, it would not be breaking the exchange company rules. Any advice would be appreciated.

Most of them won’t have a clue how to go about it but it’s a great idea and gesture.

Two years ago because of medical problems we were unable to use three weeks through RCI. Called Ft Bragg because I figured it would be a great gift to a soldier either getting ready to deploy or one just returning. I even offered to pay for a guest certificate. Called both the CG’s office and the Post Chaplin’s. Never was able to set anything up. Didn’t have a clue that today’s Army has monetary restrictions on the amount that can be donated without having to jump through hoops!

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an idea to give a Park City timeshare vacation to a fire station in Salt Lake City in appreciation for the work they do. I called around and was told they cannot accept gifts from the public. I once rented a timeshare below market to a veteran using craigslist and advertising Veteran Discount. Perhaps there are facebook pages for veterans that you could reach out to.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
Thanks for the ideas. My friend has a brother who is a veteran and lives in North Carolina. He belongs to a vets group and was able to find someone who truly deserves a free vacation as thanks for his service. Just sent him the guest certificate.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks for the ideas. My friend has a brother who is a veteran and lives in North Carolina. He belongs to a vets group and was able to find someone who truly deserves a free vacation as thanks for his service. Just sent him the guest certificate.

As a Vet, I thank you for your consideration, and for helping out another Vet. It's great to be remembered.

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Love what you did. Kindness goes a long way.