• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta "Behind The Scenes" Tour

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 days ago at Vidanta NV, we took the "Heart of the Hotel" (behind the scenes) tour. It was amazing, and I would recommend it to anybody in the least bit interested in what goes on at NV.

We had one of the 12 executive managers lead us through the tour, lasting about 2 hours. We went through some of the 1.9 miles of underground tunnels, saw the chocolate factory, laundry, kitchen, etc.

Besides being amazed at the sheer scope of the operation, what blew us all away was the attention to detail! They have full-time chemists that randomly check the hands of food prep workers for bacteria. At the laundry, he emphasized that their main priority was not getting the towels washed and dried. It was monitoring the ph levels. Otherwise, you might come out of the pool, wrap a towel around yourself and feel a slight sting if the ph levels aren't just perfect.

They had experts from Disney Shanghai come in and analyze how employees come in and out and are transported. Last year, they hired an expert from Mexico City just to analyze their process of keeping certain foods gluten free. I can't think of another word besides AMAZING to describe their attention to detail. It definitely shows.

I told my wife "I'm glad we did the owner's update BEFORE we went on this tour, or my hard-headed determination may have lowered to a dangerous level", haha!

I highly recommend the tour if you're at the Nuevo property!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This tour is amazing! We did it a few years ago. The laundry facility is pretty mind-blowing with humongous washers, dryers and ironing & folding machines. I loved the food service part since I managed an employee cafeteria for 25 years. We were super small scale compared to them, but did use a computerized system so that all of the recipes were the same. I also like the area where the housekeepers train to make each room look perfect! For those who have not been, they have models of all levels of Mayan World.

I also recommend it as an activity! :) It gives a great appreciation for the "back of the house".

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They started doing that your in Riviera Maya, too. We did it last time we were there and thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe they stopped letting the tours go in the housekeeping training area, though, to avoid interfering with the trainees.

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
This sounds like a great tour! How does one sign up for this? I am going to NV for the first time in December.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
2 days ago at Vidanta NV, we took the "Heart of the Hotel" (behind the scenes) tour. It was amazing, and I would recommend it to anybody .....
I told my wife "I'm glad we did the owner's update BEFORE we went on this tour, or my hard-headed determination may have lowered to a dangerous level", haha!

I highly recommend the tour if you're at the Nuevo property!

musictom,
thank you for starting this thread .
I went yesterday and fully agree with you . It was a really interesting tour (that is free.)
<PS - for future readers - It is a tour by the “hotel side “ of Vidanta and has NO connection
to the Vida Sales side >

FYI - for anyone thinking of going . It is currently every Weds 11 am & there are limited spots - 20 in english & 20 in spanish * . ( the 20 number is based on the passenger load of the electric resort transportation vehicle(s) that are used . There is very little walking required .
The meeting spot is the “ traffic circle- shuttle stop “just beside La Plaza - where the Grand Luxxe shuttles intersect with the other shuttles .

Initially I was told by our Mayan Palace concierge that it was full - but to speak to the Joy Squad as they did the logistics . Joy Squad suggested , that I (wait list myself) by showing up about 15 minutes early and I would be able to go IF there was a space .
* our tour end up being 2 groups / both in English (based on who signed up) / about 35 total.

among the many interesting facts -
there are over 600 electric transport vehicles on Vidanta Nuevo Resort and they all require charging , many daily..

There are solar panels on the top of the Grand Mayan’s and elsewhere .

There are over 400 staff members who work in gardening and taking care of the plants on the grounds .

Vidanta has further improved their guest safety logistics planning for any future weather events , based on what they learned in 2015 when a a fall hurricane missed PV-NV .TUG members who were guests then said that the response was top notch ( fall 2015 TUG thread).

They make all there own ice cream ( yum-yum )

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I think my wife's favorite part was the free chocolate! :) (Nuevo Vallarta only, I believe).

We got free chocolates when we did the one in Riviera Maya, too. :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We got free chocolates when we did the one in Riviera Maya, too. :)

Hi Eric - if you do the tour in Nuevo tell them you need 2 samples to make sure theirs are better than RM's .

by the way - our tour was told that in the next few months they will start processing Mexican sourced cocoa in NV in addition to their current
sourcing.They also said that they ship NV chocolates to Vidanta Acapulco and Cabo- Baja .( air - packed in ice for freshness)

I also learned that the biggest difference between owning Mayan Palace and Grand Luxxe is that MP gets Hershey Kisses
from the evening turn down housekeeper while GL gets individually boxed NV made chocolates .
LOL

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Eric - if you do the tour in Nuevo tell them you need 2 samples to make sure theirs are better than RM's .

Great idea, Tom; that might work at both, though....

I also learned that the biggest difference between owning Mayan Palace and Grand Luxxe is that MP gets Hershey Kisses from the evening turn down housekeeper while GL gets individually boxed NV made chocolates.
LOL

Well, there are a few other differences, but they swear the GL owners to secrecy on them....