• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Deals To good To Be True

Smiff

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have received two offers for my Vidanta timeshares which seem to good to be true. I assume they are scams. Does anyone know more than I do?

The first was an offer of $39,600 for my Mayan Palace studio unit with the right to use expiring in 2019. The company is Strategies and Marketing, LLC, of 100 Park Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73102. The agent was Elizabeth Franco. The first contact was by phone. Asked for an e mail, and received a written offer.

The second is an offer to rent my two weeks for $3950 per week from broker Mike Lopez of One to One Broker Dealer, 80 State St., Albany, NY 12207. Again, the original contact came by phone, and I requested an email follow up which came promptly.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
My guess is that it is a scam - we received offers from someone about our GL several months ago and they offered a huge amount of money. Before you know it, they will want a deposit and tell you that there are special taxes you need to pay. Do not do this. When it sounds too good to be true - it is!

Last month, I got this email from Vidanta:

Vida Vacations Members: be wary of unsolicited communications about your payments.

a1bb6eba-a364-45e1-9857-031bd642a416.jpg

Scams targeting timeshare and vacation club members are

on the rise. In order to keep your account safe, please be on the lookout for scammers trying to entice you under false pretenses into buying, renting, or selling your membership or that of a third party.

The following are some of the most common emails being
used by fraudulent parties:

customerservice@grupovidantamx.com
socios@vidantabonusprogram.com
customerservice@mayan-palace.com.mx
reservacionesinternacionales@grupovidantaintl.com
info@vidantabonusweekprogram.com

At Vida Vacations, the privacy and security of our members

is of the utmost importance. We do not share your confidential information with third parties, ever. If you receive an unsolicited communication offering to buy, sell, or rent your membership, or asking for payment—especially from any of the above emails or similar variations—call our Customer Care Center immediately.

If you so wish, calls reporting suspect activity can remain anonymous. We will
investigate all reports to the fullest.

3a83c13f-d9d5-4a8e-891a-55c031ac5e7c.jpg

Copyright © 2017 Vida Vacations, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a member

Smiff

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forwarded the written offer of purchase to Vidanta, but they didn't respond. These offers have all the earmarks of a scam. I amused that the companies are on Park Ave., and State St.

travs2

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do these "companies" get your email address and Vidanta information? Does Vidanta sell this info to them? Just wondering.....

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I do not know. So many folks at Vidanta, SFX, RCI, II, etc get info that it could come from many sources. The one they sent to us was for 3 GL weeks and we have 2. They tried really hard to get us to add that 3rd week in 2015.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
It's a scam, pure and simple. When I get those, I tell them," hold on, I'll go to eBay and get five more so you can send me a check for $100000 and I'll send you the deeds".

For some reason, they hang up.

Cheers

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
How do these "companies" get your email address and Vidanta information? Does Vidanta sell this info to them? Just wondering.....

When your the biggest & best TS in Mexico you (may)get targeted by hackers . I would also assume some information (can) leave Vidanta when employees depart for
new opportunities .

I was contacted 3 times last year by 3 different scammers. Two of the calls were to my cell phone and they had (some) details from our Vidanta contract .
One was to our landline and the name asked for was a guest of ours in October 2013 when we used a 2 suites for 1 MF offer .

I contacted Vidanta Member Services all 3 times so that they could use information detail to help prevent other owners from falling for this type of scam

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted Vidanta Member Services all 3 times so that they could use information detail to help prevent other owners from falling for this type of scam

The thing is, Vidanta knows this scam is proliferating. Just look at Pittle's post above. What Vidanta (and other resorts) need to do is send out warnings in each of their yearly/semi-yearly/quarterly letters explaining very clearly how these scams work rather than just telling owners what's happening at a nearby beach or how they can get a 10% discount at the restaurant.

Looking at the letter in Pittle's post above from Vidanta, it misses one very vital piece of information to help warn owners. The scammers will claim they can sell or rent out your TS for way more than market value. Of course, the resorts do not want to admit that. They want to keep all the owners (at least the ones who bought retail) in the dark about the true resale/rental value of their respective TSs. Otherwise the resorts would essentially have to admit that they deliberately sold the owners an item that went waaaay down in value the minute the rescission period expired.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The thing is, Vidanta knows this scam is proliferating. Just look at Pittle's post above. What Vidanta (and other resorts) need to do is send out warnings in each of their yearly/semi-yearly/quarterly letters explaining very clearly how these scams work rather than just telling owners what's happening at a nearby beach or how they can get a 10% discount at the restaurant.

Looking at the letter in Pittle's post above from Vidanta, it misses one very vital piece of information to help warn owners. The scammers will claim they can sell or rent out your TS for way more than market value. Of course, the resorts do not want to admit that. They want to keep all the owners (at least the ones who bought retail) in the dark about the true resale/rental value of their respective TSs. Otherwise the resorts would essentially have to admit that they deliberately sold the owners an item that went waaaay down in value the minute the rescission period expired.
All you say is true. But, one must respect the fact that first they do it. Wyndham brags about cracking down, but doesn't relay any details of the scam, Vida have.
Second they do it on a regular basis. It's the reputation, and the inability to secure valuable reservations, and of course sales and marketing.

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

AZjewel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Park Royal Holiday, Cancun; Sunset Fishermens, Playa del Carmen; Hacienda Tres Rios; Playa del Carmen; Mayan Palace, Puerto Penasco
THANKS SO MUCH for posting this email. We are members but did NOT get an email like this. Our membership is a pay per use MF (nice) so we may not have received the email you rec'd, since we hadn't been in a few years. The offer I received thru email was to purchase our remaining BONUS weeks expiring in June (True!). All we were asked to do was pay them the usage fee (MF) and then they would purchase the weeks from us at $2200 per week (almost 3x our MF!) because they had a 350 member convention coming in 4 mos and needed rooms! Yeah, right! Anyway, your email helped us further identify it as a scam because the top email-customerservice@grupovidantamx.com- was the one used.

What bothers me the most is how they get all our information (phone numbers, email addresses, Bonus week expiration date)

My guess is that it is a scam - we received offers from someone about our GL several months ago and they offered a huge amount of money. Before you know it, they will want a deposit and tell you that there are special taxes you need to pay. Do not do this. When it sounds too good to be true - it is!

Last month, I got this email from Vidanta:

Vida Vacations Members: be wary of unsolicited communications about your payments.

a1bb6eba-a364-45e1-9857-031bd642a416.jpg

Scams targeting timeshare and vacation club members are

on the rise. In order to keep your account safe, please be on the lookout for scammers trying to entice you under false pretenses into buying, renting, or selling your membership or that of a third party.

The following are some of the most common emails being
used by fraudulent parties:

customerservice@grupovidantamx.com
socios@vidantabonusprogram.com
customerservice@mayan-palace.com.mx
reservacionesinternacionales@grupovidantaintl.com
info@vidantabonusweekprogram.com

At Vida Vacations, the privacy and security of our members

is of the utmost importance. We do not share your confidential information with third parties, ever. If you receive an unsolicited communication offering to buy, sell, or rent your membership, or asking for payment—especially from any of the above emails or similar variations—call our Customer Care Center immediately.

If you so wish, calls reporting suspect activity can remain anonymous. We will
investigate all reports to the fullest.

3a83c13f-d9d5-4a8e-891a-55c031ac5e7c.jpg

Copyright © 2017 Vida Vacations, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a member

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What bothers me the most is how they get all our information (phone numbers, email addresses, Bonus week expiration date)

This has been discussed numerous times here on TUG. There are at least two plausible explanations. The first is that some dishonest or disgruntled employee at the resort is taking the information of the owners and selling it on the side.

The other possibility is that a similar employee at the exchange companies (such as RCI, II, etc.) is doing the same thing.

Even though we no longer get phone calls regarding our TS (which we sold many years ago), we are still getting phone calls from these low-tier travel companies. They start out by saying that they are calling us because we dealt with them before by stay at either one of "their" RCI or II resorts. The funny thing is, I get this similar line from different alleged travel companies. So I'm thinking that someone from the exchange companies is leaking owners' information.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Here is another one - called me May 9 - to my cell number

Capital Real Estate Solutions - Manhattan New York --( right !! )
Marc Brown - 800 993 4890 ext 327 ( probably a phony name and a virtual number)

wanted me to give him details on what we owned at Vidanta / so their appraisal office could give a quote

SCAM

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
Vidanta says they DO NOT sell the registry of members. Perhaps PROFECO requires regular reports from Vida Vacations of memberships sold, and maybe this document is a "public document", and available for purchase.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
The first was an offer of $39,600 for my Mayan Palace studio unit with the right to use expiring in 2019

I think if you buy the TS from the developer (Vidanta), the price is less than $39k for Mayan Palace Studio.

RJones

Reaction score
Yea. the dog is right. studios there are less that $39k

June Oliver

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Presidential
Here is another one - called me May 9 - to my cell number

Capital Real Estate Solutions - Manhattan New York --( right !! )
Marc Brown - 800 993 4890 ext 327 ( probably a phony name and a virtual number)

wanted me to give him details on what we owned at Vidanta / so their appraisal office could give a quote

SCAM
Scams still happening - we played the “interested” game with Marketing & Management Solutions LLC until they asked for an RFC registration fee today. Nope - not that stupid.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Got one call today from 615-610-7280 asking if I wanted to sell my Vidanta timeshare. Said no thanks, but maybe I should have asked what they were offering for it....

taylorb8788

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxx Spa Tower Mexico 3br
Has anyone actually been successful in a resale of a Vida Vacations - Grand Luxx property

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Has anyone actually been successful in a resale of a Vida Vacations - Grand Luxx property

Well, if we were to sell our weeks to someone, it would cost the Buyer about $40,000 just for the transfer fees, and we would get absolutely $0. We have invested more than $40,000 for our Mayan World properties over the past 20 years.It would make more sense to us to just not renew when the renewal comes up.

taylorb8788

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxx Spa Tower Mexico 3br
how often do you have to renew your membership?

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I'm wondering too. Some scammers even know the type of contract we have!

How do they know? Either the TS company shares the information or their system was hacked by outsider to gain access.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I'm wondering too. Some scammers even know the type of contract we have!

How do they know? Either the TS company shares the information or their system was hacked by outsider to gain access.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
I have heard that ex employees, on their way out the door or when they know they will be leaving, make copies of the lists and take them with them and sell the list to the resale scammers.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
how often do you have to renew your membership?
Every 10 years - it is basically the cost of a MF. They tell you it is 1/2 MF, but you pay 1/2 for your extra weeks too. It will cost us about $5000 when it is time for renewal. As long time owners, we have what is called Senior Certificates and those will be in effect when the renewal is due. Therefore, we will probably pay the Renewal fee and go for free for as long as we can. The Senior Certificates are not transferable to our kids or anyone who we would give/sell our weeks to.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
As long time owners, we have what is called Senior Certificates and those will be in effect when the renewal is due. Therefore, we will probably pay the Renewal fee and go for free for as long as we can. The Senior Certificates are not transferable to our kids or anyone who we would give/sell our weeks to.

Phyllis,
I seriously doubt I have any Senior Certificates in our agreement. If we did, they were probably cut out when we switched from MP to GL. But just in case, how are yours presented in your agreement? I don’t have all 56 pages of our agreement committed to memory yet. ;)
Thanks,
Jeff

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Phyllis,
I seriously doubt I have any Senior Certificates in our agreement. If we did, they were probably cut out when we switched from MP to GL. But just in case, how are yours presented in your agreement? I don’t have all 56 pages of our agreement committed to memory yet. ;)
Thanks,
Jeff

To get the Senior Certificates, you had to be an owner before November 30, 2006 and request it in person at one of the resorts within a specific time frame - I think it was 18 months (so May 31st 2008). If you did, you would get the Sr. Cert. They did carry ours over when we upgraded and I know of some others that they did this for, so I think it was standard if you had one.

I did scan all of those 56 pages into 3 PDF documents and they are on all of my computers and DropBox. I have the Signed Papers, the 1st 10 years, and 10-100 as Titles. :) Therefore, I can pull the contract up on my phone, iPad, or any computer that we have. Having been an owner for 20 years, I do know about where to look. I do have the Sr. Cert and our addendum pages pretty much memorized - those are the important ones. :)