• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta dumps Mazatlan?

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I was just on Vidanta's website and they now advertise 6 vacation destinations. The destinations drop down window no longer lists Mazatlan.

https://www.vidanta.com/

Does anyone know if Vidanta sold the property and exited the market or is something else going on?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Noticed that a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t think too much about it because I wasn’t planning on going there anytime soon. Mayan Palace Regency Mazatlan still shows up in RCI with a link to the Vidanta website and availability through the end of 2019. The entry warns about construction, so they may be doing a lot there; the site doesn’t list East Cape either. That part of the website is still accessible if you look for it at https://www.vidanta.com/web/mazatlan though.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Thank you for the reply and link.

I find it interesting that they would hide their location from the website just for construction.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Mazatlan site is very small, and landlocked, so without starting from scratch at a new location, they're stuck with MP & Sea Garden (is that it?) and no shot at upselling.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The Vidanta website - has been this way for a couple of months . As others said it is on RCI
and construction is listed . ( also some recent RCI / Trip Advisor reviews mention construction noise .

On the other hand - NO VIDANTA RESORT FEE - is listed for the Maz locations .
and the TPU cost showing in RCI weeks is very reasonable , and Vidanta / RCI shows no
restrictions on exchange visits per year .

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
The Vidanta website - has been this way for a couple of months . As others said it is on RCI
and construction is listed . ( also some recent RCI / Trip Advisor reviews mention construction noise .

On the other hand - NO VIDANTA RESORT FEE - is listed for the Maz locations .
and the TPU cost showing in RCI weeks is very reasonable , and Vidanta / RCI shows no
restrictions on exchange visits per year .

We stayed at Sea Garden Mazatlán last January. The staff was wonderful and the grounds were fine, but the Sea Garden Mazatlán unit was one of the worst timeshare units I've ever seen. The building should have been torn down and replaced years ago--especially given Sr. Chavez's tendency to replace buildings. Sea Garden Nuevo Vallarta, on the other hand, is very nice.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The Mazatlan property had been just a Sea Garden until February 2008. The Mayan Palace Regency was just completed up by the road when we stayed there in February 2008. For the past few years, the signs out front have said Ocean Breeze and Mayan Palace.

This Sea Garden was one of the first Vidafel (Vidanta) Resorts and many of us bought these as resale to get into the Mayan World for less money. It was the entry-level in 1999. The 2-bedroom SG contract stated that you could get a MP 1-bedroom unit when you made reservations. (At the time, the only MP units were in Acapulco and PV Marina, but they were building NV.) We upgraded to a 2-bedroom MP the next year. I think they may be demolishing most of the Sea Garden units because they are older and need structural repairs. I also think they will rebuild something there because the MP units are just 10 years old. Maybe they are going to make MP the entry level now and make that more like the Marina property - just MP. Who knows with them!

The total property in Mazatlan is no bigger than the MP Marina property and there are lots of tiny units there. The beach seems extra small and there are several rows of palapas and chaise lounges. Hubby called it the seal beach. :)

There used to be a Sea Garden across the street from the PV Marina location, but it had a lot of damage from a hurricane in 2002 so they closed it in 2003. They then built the one in Nuevo. There is still a Sea Garden in Acapulco that is across the street and further south than the MP & GM there. They have closed the Sea Garden (and even the Marina MP) properties in the summer and send people to the MP instead.

I just checked the website and when you click on Mayan Palace and Mazatlan, it says you have 2 to choose from and that it was their first resort.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I think the Sea Garden was the Coasta Brava Hotel before it was the Sea Garden. It kind of still looks like a hotel, imo. I think part of it was built in the 80's. I didn't like the place and don't think we will ever go back. I thought the beach was fine. That is about all.

There are way better choice in Mazatlan than the Sea Garden or Mayan Palace Tower, imo. Its hard to believe that a company with resorts like the Lux would still own a low end motel.

Bill