• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta Grand Luxxe/Registry Collection

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
I’m not sure if this is the right area to post my question but I know I can count on the folks here to answer my question and clear up any confusion I have.

We purchased a Grand Luxxe Master Suite earlier this year and although we soon started to get the phone calls from Vida to upgrade our membership and we are registered with SFX our paperwork for The Registry Collection was not processed. Finally, after a few reminders, we are now set up with them and have a few (I hope not too lame) questions.

While we were waiting to be able to join, I visited the Registry Collection non-members site which offered point values for resorts within the collection and there was a PDF showing many, many other Signature Selection resorts that would be available to trade into. For future planning I wanted to know the trading value of my GL unit.

Now that I am finally enrolled lot of the information is not available to me when I login to the Members section. I checked with RC and they advised (correctly?) that my GL ownership was at the top of the food chain and I that I didn’t have to worry about any point values or season. I could trade into any resort in the Collection, subject to availability of course, as well as any other RCI property. There are no point value restrictions I just had to call RC to check on availability.

Since many of the RC resorts are of lesser point value (according to the non-members site) and others that are more costly. Can anyone verify that this information is actually correct. Is it correct that I can trade into a Vidanta 4br loft if available or to the upper limits of other high value property? What happens if I trade into a lesser point value resort? Is there any refund of the points?

I would appreciate any guidance from those with RC experience. Thanks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I posted a separate thread on the changes to the Registry Collection program for Vidanta at https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/grand-luxxe-registry-collection-program-update.271313/ when they updated it last March. Bottom line is that you can exchange back into a higher level Grand Luxxe units (though the 4 BR ones aren't lofts - they're single floor ones). IIRC, for a GL master suite deposit in Registry you get one Registry week exchange plus one RCI week exchange via Registry. You're best off calling and verifying with Registry.

A couple of pointers for you - first, you have to deposit the level unit you own, you can't deposit a lower cost unit, and second, you do have to pay resort fees for Registry exchanges back to Vidanta. You'll only be able to book what they make available, which rolls in at the 12 month point and won't include the high season for the higher level units. It's not a bad deal overall for going back to GL NV; the only RM units Registry gets are the spa units, though. In any case, it's a decent deal if you go in the off season because you can get a 4 BR unit or a lift for less than the total cost of actually buying in at that level.

Registry has some other decent resorts you can exchange into, although there are different ones that you won't be able to see coming from the GL access. I believe they're inventory is separated into a weeks side and a points side, similar to RCI, but don't know that for sure.

Also, you get different privileges for the resort fee for a Registry exchange than you do for an RCI exchange, so go to the site and print out the terms & conditions if/when you do it and pay the fees. The difference is with Registry you get a 10% discount on room charges, a tour certificate to San Sebastion or Chichen It's a for 2 adults, and a taxi ride back to the airport as well as the stuff RCI exchanges get. I posted the full list recently for a different thread regarding a GM exchange someone was asking about.

Hope this helps!

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Thanks Ericwfor your reply. I don’t recall seeing your earlier post about this or wasn’t sure whayyit meant. Anyway it pretty much confirms what TRC stayed. It does seem like a good deal since I generally wouldn’t be going there in peak season. Less this coming February. Maybe I’d you will be stay at RM we could meet for a bit and you can further my education.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Sorry for the typos

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Happy to get together in February to chat. By the way, you can edit a post for something like the first 24 hours (not sure how long it is) after you add it - a link shows up labeled "Edit" between the posting time mark and the "Report" link.