• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta SFX Privilege Week Cost

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Can anyone offer a list of the fees for using SFX Privilege Weeks at RM for the various hotel and or size unit categories?
Thanks

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Can anyone offer a list of the fees for using SFX Privilege Weeks at RM for the various hotel and or size unit categories?
Thanks

My understanding from reading TUG is that a “Privilege Week “ is a bonus week that is part of a Vidanta contract but is administered by SFX .

As such - it should not require a resort fee when used (IMO ) since it is not an exchange .
I would check with SFX .

check with SFX for the usage cost by unit size & brand for the week . It should be similar to your cost when using your Vidanta registered week . As I understand it - Privelege Weeks
do not include any special addendum ( special golf or spa massage price discounts etc)

I hope that helps .

PS - SFX also administers” Vida SFX weeks” - which are for exchange use at non Vidanta locations - upon payment to SFX . This allows you to go elsewhere without giving up the usage at a Vidanta resort of your registered week .

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Tom has it right; with the SFX privilege weeks you can exchange back into Vidanta up to your ownership level for just a bit more than a typical usage fee. This includes during elite weeks (Xmas, Easter, etc.). I got one for this coming Xmas and think it was $75 more than the usage fee.

You can also use them to go to other resorts.

If you aren’t looking for an elite week reservation and have other TS, SFX typically gives you bonus weeks when you deposit those with them; with those bonus weeks you can get into up to a 2 BR GL suite for about half the cost of a usage fee plus a $75 resort fee. SFX typically only has inventory up to that level; for higher levels they have to set up a conference call w/Vidanta customer service to make privilege week reservations. Dirty little secret: the folks at Vidanta customer service are paid by the reservation and will probably make one for you if there’s availability without having you go through SFX if you tell them that SFX doesn’t have the inventory. I haven’t actually done that, but the folks on the phone there have told me to just call them if SFX can’t get what I want. Not sure if it would be coded differently as a privilege week if you went that way; if not, you get the addenda privileges.

Someone posted a list of prices a while ago for the 2017 usage fees. Haven’t seen the 2019 ones yet.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for SFX to provide Grand Luxxe, Riviera Maya for 2020. Anybody seen anything?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
SFX doesn't get inventory until the 12-month point. I've only see availability beyond 12 months when they do a bulk deposit in RCI.