• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - View from the Balcony

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Enjoying the Royal Sea Aquarium Resort here on Curacao (and the Carribean view ain't bad either) ...
Did you trade in to Royal Sea Aquarium Resort?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Did you trade in to Royal Sea Aquarium Resort?

Just returned last Sunday from a great stay on Curacao. If you ever decide to go there, I definitely recommend a rental car. We used 'Just Drive Car Rental' and got a late model Toyota Rav4 SUV for 9 days with unlimited mileage for $500. Their rentals include coverage under their insurance (so you don't need to buy theirs for extra and nothing needed from yours if anything were to happen, other than a $200 deductible). Plenty of room for 4 adults and 5 large suitcases. So much to do there (more than on Aruba, I suspect). We didn't get to everything, especially the snorkeling/dive sites (there are over 80 around the island), but we did a lot. The Royal Sea Aquarium resort is not what I would consider a 'Marriott Standard' property, but still very nice. A solid 'middle of the road' timeshare property (and likely top tier property for the island) that is one of the 9 properties operated by Royal Resorts. One of my favorite aspects of the property is that they do not have sofa sleepers. We stayed in a 1BR unit. Instead of a sofa sleeper, they have 2 twin Murphy beds with innerspring mattresses that fold down separately from each end of a large wall entertainment unit that has the television/DVD player in the center. Our teens had no trouble sleeping and during the day we could put them away and enjoy the full living room. I would go back there.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just returned last Sunday from a great stay on Curacao. If you ever decide to go there, I definitely recommend a rental car. We used 'Just Drive Car Rental' and got a late model Toyota Rav4 SUV for 9 days with unlimited mileage for $500. Their rentals include coverage under their insurance (so you don't need to buy theirs for extra and nothing needed from yours if anything were to happen, other than a $200 deductible). Plenty of room for 4 adults and 5 large suitcases. So much to do there (more than on Aruba, I suspect). We didn't get to everything, especially the snorkeling/dive sites (there are over 80 around the island), but we did a lot. The Royal Sea Aquarium resort is not what I would consider a 'Marriott Standard' property, but still very nice. A solid 'middle of the road' timeshare property (and likely top tier property for the island) that is one of the 9 properties operated by Royal Resorts. One of my favorite aspects of the property is that they do not have sofa sleepers. We stayed in a 1BR unit. Instead of a sofa sleeper, they have 2 twin Murphy beds with innerspring mattresses that fold down separately from each end of a large wall entertainment unit that has the television/DVD player in the center. Our teens had no trouble sleeping and during the day we could put them away and enjoy the full living room. I would go back there.

do you mean to say......that your teens actually sleep during the night and are up during the day? Incredible. :cool:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
do you mean to say......that your teens actually sleep during the night and are up during the day? Incredible. :cool:

Yes. It was a Saint Vacation miracle. Now they are back to 'normal' and would sleep until the 'crack of noon' (if we let them) ... :D

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
We had that view this year; room closest to the beach, 5th floor (can't remember the stack number....may have been 10? right next to stairs)

It was really a pretty good view. At sunset, the room was actually cool....vs the ocean front units which broil in the sun in the afternoon. It was loud however, due to Hyatt walls reflecting sound.
We got yelled at for playing 'loud charades"

Nice pic

tugcccsp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMOC Lahaina Villas
MMOC Napili Villas
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Welk-Escondido
I LOVE MAUI. I love mountains, beaches, and shorelines. Maui has them all. The entertainment, restaurant, and ocean activities close to Ka’anapali and Lahaina are great. I have been going twice a year and still can’t get enough. I have been doing plenty of snorkeling and some hiking, and want to do some all day hikes on Haleakala. I have seen some nice balcony views posted here, so I won’t duplicate. Maui is truly a paradise.

taffy19

Reaction score
That is quite some Mtn/Garden View.
I would certainly enjoy looking right.
FYI, this condo #3211 is a 2 BR non lock-off condo so has only one entrance but you’ll see Oceanfront and Mountain View while it isn’t classified as an Ocean View so it could be a nice surprise.

Better than the other way around that I read about so often at some resorts.

taffy19

Reaction score
We had that view this year; room closest to the beach, 5th floor (can't remember the stack number....may have been 10? right next to stairs)

It was really a pretty good view. At sunset, the room was actually cool....vs the ocean front units which broil in the sun in the afternoon. It was loud however, due to Hyatt walls reflecting sound.
We got yelled at for playing 'loud charades"

Nice pic
That is the same stack so you had 5211 and your view should have been better yet.

Can you elaborate on the noise from next door, please. Were there big private parties on the fake grass area in front of the Hyatt timeshare that are catered by the Hyatt Regency or was it pool or other noise?

Nomad1a

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club, Marriott Destination Club Points.
That is the same stack so you had 5211 and your view should have been better yet.

Can you elaborate on the noise from next door, please. Were there big private parties on the fake grass area in front of the Hyatt timeshare that are catered by the Hyatt Regency or was it pool or other noise?

Tonight is our last night here and so far haven’t had any noise problems at all. They haven’t had any big lawn events other than a craft fair during the day. There has been more noise from our upstairs neighbors than outside, and that has been very minimal too.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

No, sadly we were the noisemakers.

If you sit out on the lanai, there is a lot of sound reflected from the Hyatt directly back at you....and everyone above/below you. AS the other poster noted, there is more noise from your neighbors than anything else. The Hyatt was pretty calm. They did have a planned 'family' activity on the lawn area in the morning.....it was pretty low key, but you could hear it. I'm sure it was less noise than being directly above the pool on the other side.

I was really pleased with the room. Just know that if you go out on the lanai to play games or cards or music etc....the noise doesn't really dissipate like it does from the other rooms....it bounces back at you. While it probably won't disturb your game of charades.... it might disturb your neighbors.

It's a small thing. Great room.

taffy19

Reaction score
No, sadly we were the noisemakers.

If you sit out on the lanai, there is a lot of sound reflected from the Hyatt directly back at you....and everyone above/below you. AS the other poster noted, there is more noise from your neighbors than anything else. The Hyatt was pretty calm. They did have a planned 'family' activity on the lawn area in the morning.....it was pretty low key, but you could hear it. I'm sure it was less noise than being directly above the pool on the other side.

I was really pleased with the room. Just know that if you go out on the lanai to play games or cards or music etc....the noise doesn't really dissipate like it does from the other rooms....it bounces back at you. While it probably won't disturb your game of charades.... it might disturb your neighbors.

It's a small thing. Great room.
Now, I understand what you were trying to explain, taterhed. I had no idea what playing “loud charades” meant so looked it up.

I tried to look at all the pages of this thread but didn’t see your picture posted of condo 5211. Was it posted in another thread?

Did you hear the noise of the jet skis that other people have been complaining about? I looked on their live webcam and can see the jet skis but do not hear any sound.

https://mauiwatersports.com/livecams/

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To everyone that has posted photos. They are all "Outstanding.":thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Now, I understand what you were trying to explain, taterhed. I had no idea what playing “loud charades” meant so looked it up.

I tried to look at all the pages of this thread but didn’t see your picture posted of condo 5211. Was it posted in another thread?

Did you hear the noise of the jet skis that other people have been complaining about? I looked on their live webcam and can see the jet skis but do not hear any sound.

https://mauiwatersports.com/livecams/

Yes, we were drinking Maui Mules and playing cell-phone charades (a party game). We got excited (it's a 'shout out the answer' game) and made a little more noise than out neighbors thought was appropriate. (at 730pm). In all fairness, the sound from the lanais does echo back from the Hyatt. We were too busy to notice.

The external noise was never a problem for us.
Yes, they do some activities in the daytime on the 'lawn' at the resort, but it never bothered us. Remember, they do activities on the Marriott side too (pool aerobics and such). Never heard the jet skis....we go in Jan/Feb and the weather was fine.

All-in-all, I think its a fine room. I would prefer the ocean front (who wouldn't) but it's much cooler in the late afternoon. Probably the most noise that I heard--that was negative--was the occasional vehicle traffic that backs-up the alley to pick-up and drop-off supplies and such. That happened one day while we were there. They were delivering chairs or linens or something.

maui mm1 mv.png

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you, Rob. It is a nice ocean view with lots of greenery too that makes it look cool.

They are not allowed to rent jet skis out during whale season. I checked the live webcam earlier today and I can see them but not that many. I saw more the other day. That noise has to be annoying, IMO.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crystal shores high floor poolside egret building directly facing gulf. XX30 block is last room to the right if facing the building from the beach/pool.

Attachments

• B7C9AE8B-F239-4237-9E9C-0AADB6748903.jpeg
    B7C9AE8B-F239-4237-9E9C-0AADB6748903.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 176

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
A lot of ants at Ko'Olina in the picture.

Oh wait, those are people. :>
I'm used to the 'flatness' of Waiohai.
Nice pics.

(funny; I joke about 'people' in the pictures.....but I don't see any. That's a switch.)