• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar - Cabo San Lucas or WorldMark Coral Baja? - 2bdrms

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
In our late August vacation to Cabos, we are choosing between Villa del Palmar - Cabo San Lucas (as an exchanger) or WorldMark Coral Baja phase 3 (as an owner). Both are 2 bdrm units.

It will be my husband and I, two kids (12/10) and Grandma. We plan to do some typical tourist sightseeing, play in the water and eat in local restaurants.

Tug review ranked WM Coral Baja much better at 7.75/10, which VDP Cabo San Lucas only had 5.85/10. We've never been to that region and these two resorts are in two different cities. Which resort has better local location in terms of easiness to get around for food and also safety? Which resort is nicer in terms of service and amenities?

Thanks a lot for any help!

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
From what you described as your planned activities, I would choose the Villa del Palmar in Cabo. It has a two pools with a whale slide that joins the two and is on a swimmable beach, Medano. VDP is walkable to town and there are restaurants close by that you can walk along the beach to (Tabascos, Cascadas, Mango Deck, Office). VDP also has the benefit of neighbouring two other Villa Group properties so you can visit those as well. The VDP is the busiest of the three, meaning it will have a lively pool scene and activities to choose from. There will be lots of kids there. Too much music and activity for you? Head to a lounger on the beach or find a quiet spot at Villa del Arco to read. Lots of choices here.

Between the 3 Villa Group properties and the next timeshare west (Club Cascadas de Baja) is an arroyo which is the unofficial locals' beach. The weekends especially see a lot of families having a picnic and day out on the beach. Many activity vendors and are located right there (kayaking, jet ski, glass bottom boat, etc.)

I would say the Worldmark Coral Baja is nicer in terms of service and amenities, but both are older resorts. You'll notice a push for sales at VDP, so you'll get good at saying "no gracias".

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My opinion is that the Worldmark is the better choice for comfort. Building 3 is the best views of the Sea of Cortez at the Coral Baja, imo. The Coral Baja will have a large deck , full kitchen and I think washer dryer. The room will be larger. There will be cd players and stereos too. Very comfortable furnishings, larger room and nice view.

The two bedroom VDP is a crap shoot for exchangers regarding room location. Usually the exchange units are the units with limited views to no view at all. The view could be of the resort next door ( the Enstancia ), the parking lot ( mountain / city view ) or if your lucky you might get the Turtle Beach sideways view. The kitchen does not have an oven. There is no cd player or stero. The room is not a two bed lock off but a unit with two bedrooms. The deck is kind of small. The location is very close to downtown Cabo, so if you are there to party, then this would likely be the better choice.

Bill

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked again today and found that I could also exchange into Westin Los Cabos 2bdrm, unit 1316.

However, this one has very little Tug review. From the map, its location seems to be quite isolated from either town. Looks like we have to rent a car, otherwise, the transportation services add up if we want to go to local restaurants.

Would you take Westin over VDP or Worldmark?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It depends on what I was doing. If I was taking kids I would stay at the Worldmark. If I was going for fishing or clubing I would stay at the VDP. If I was wanting to golf I would choose the Westin.

With your group I think the Worldmark would be best. The place was renovated not too long ago because of the storm. There are many activities for the kids. San Jose is a fun daytime town with an old city center and flea markets. The Sea of Cortez is not swim-able in this area but you would be close to some good areas. The beach is nice. The two bedroom units are huge. Here is a resort map. The view from building 3 is really good and the deck gets shade when you need it. There are gas bbq's for guests to use at this resort.

https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/cb/sitemap.html

Bill