• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa del Palmar Flamigos kind of sucked

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
This recent trip to the Villa del Palmar started off really really terrible. We like to arrive at the resort by 4 pm but showed up at about 6:30 because of flight changes.

We get to the resort and while checking in they say they can't find our room. Then we are offered a crappy location one bedroom, which would have been ok but it disappears while we are checking in. Then we are offered a small studio for two nights while they sort it out. This is Villa del Palmar. The resort that was very decent to owners really doesn't care anymore, imo. What had happened is they over booked because of a wedding. In the past they would have used the Enstancia next door to accomadate the wedding party or offer us a room at the Enstancia until they sorted it out. This studio dealio really sucked.

I was told that there is new management or new ownership or some thing that has made the time share owners the lowest concern. I like the resort but this new manager that wouldn't even come out to speak to us kind of shows how indifferent they can be. In other words, I don't think they cared one bit.

After the wedding party left we were reassigned a very nice room for the remainder of our stay. We had a two bedroom unit with a decent view.

Bill

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Hey Bill
That sucks!
No way to treat an owner.
Hope the rest of your trip was not spoiled by it and that you had a good time.
We’re off to VDA next Saturday for two weeks.

bbb

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Bob. We did enjoy the trip. We celebrated my one year after heart attack at El Patron on the outside seawall area with prime rib and lobster. The lobster was grilled over charcoal and was so good. The prime rib was fantastic and this was the first real meat I had had in a year. Also had the beer buzz going on so it was a good night.

All I can say is that it appears that UVCI is making more money off hosting events than taking care of owners. Since Villa del Palmar Flamigos blocks tug I doubt that they will see this and I also doubt they care. I did send an email to the general manager, Rodolfo Cobos, but there was no reply as he could care less, imo.

I guess Im ranting a bit because the two bed studio really sucks when your used to a one bedroom at the least.

I hope you have a great trip to the Arco. I think Im heading that way this fall.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I finally did get an apology after I participated in an online survey of our visit. UVCI falls short in the compensation of their mistakes compared with other timeshares and hotels I visit. Here is the official apology from the management.

Dear Mr. Bill ,

Thank you very much, for the time you took to express your comments about your recently experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to offer our most sincere apology for the disappointment experienced due to the event that we could not provide the specific type of room reserved upon your arrival but until 2 days later; this is really a very sensitive situation also for us, especially because although we try to provide any single accommodation special request for our clients, in this occassion we had circumstances that disabled us to provide the agreed.

Please rest assured we are taking all the necessary steps to remedy this situation since we are striving to provide the best service to each one of our guests.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Receive my warmest thoughts and whishes for this holiday season!

Kind regards,

Angel Sarmiento F.

General Manager

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I finally did get an apology after I participated in an online survey of our visit. UVCI falls short in the compensation of their mistakes compared with other timeshares and hotels I visit. Here is the official apology from the management.

Bill - I would remind reservations of this the next time you book & bring a copy with you ( in case needed at check in )

If there is a similar wedding / situation next visit - perhaps this ensures someone else "wins" the studio

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club

PS: Here's a certificate for a free week's stay in our best suite
or
PS: Here's a certificate for 1/2 off next year's MF.
or
PS: Here's a certificate for free meals in all of our restaurants for three days
or
PS Here's some extra mints and chocolate for your plane trip home.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PS: Here's a certificate for a free week's stay in our best suite
or
PS: Here's a certificate for 1/2 off next year's MF.
or
PS: Here's a certificate for free meals in all of our restaurants for three days
or
PS Here's some extra mints and chocolate for your plane trip home.

They did force $50 a night on us as a resort credit right off the get go. I didn't want their $100 as I explained to them that I wanted our paid for 1 bedroom , 2 bath , full kitchen , living room and huge deck. The studio they stuck us with didn't have a couch, table , chair and is probably best used as part of a lock off.

The other 12 days of the trip was in a very nice view room and I didn't have to move when we went from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom lockoff on the second week.

Other things I did like was the chef at El Patron came out and spoke with us as we ordered. I met this guy several years ago when he first started. Our party was celebrating my one year out from the heart attack and we all had prime rib and lobster. The chef had our lobster grilled over charcoal and it didn't need any butter. The lobster was so good and the prime rib was the first real meat that I had since the heart attack.

I also really enjoyed conversations with the door guys and the our buddy the outdoor server. Oscar who was my buddy bartender had left for a new job with the school.

Even though they screwed up my room for two nights it wasn't the worse thing that could happen. Really, when it comes to the bottom line, I'm grateful, because hanging out in Mexico next to Flamigos Beach in warm weather with friends is always one of my favorite things to do.

Bill