• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana, Westin & Sheraton Deedback program

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Who or What is LT TRANSFERS

Lt Transfers is a VERY well respected company that completes timeshare (resale) transfers with minimum cost and has a great reputation.
I'm not advertising.
I'm not affiliated.

They are very much loved on TUG. Just search and you'll see.
Best and cheapest way to transfer a timeshare (IMO).

https://www.lttransfers.com/services/

The info you were given above is correct; SVV Bella has some (small) value depending on Season, usage (EOY?) and size.

You can sell/give away fairly easy....especially if the SO point value is 81k or 95,7 or above (???)

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
[deleted as duplicative]

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It says on my deed Bella Florida Condominium. We've owned it since 2002 but we are now 76 and not good health. Our children do not want a timeshare. We need to not own it anymore.
I may be interested. I sent you a message

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It says on my deed Bella Florida Condominium. We've owned it since 2002 but we are now 76 and not good health. Our children do not want a timeshare. We need to not own it anymore.
It looks like you own a 2BR lockoff high season week worth 81,000 StarOptions. This may not be as sought after as the prime season weeks, but as others said, sell it for a few hundred dollars and don't let Vistana get it back to just fold in to the trust.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It looks like you own a 2BR lockoff high season week worth 81,000 StarOptions. This may not be as sought after as the prime season weeks, but as others said, sell it for a few hundred dollars and don't let Vistana get it back to just fold in to the trust.
I’ve been hearing that SVV doesn’t have ROFR? Is this true?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if anyone in this thread (or reading it) has a vistana/westin/sheraton timeshare in the US they are looking to dispose of that is paid off, please contact me via PM or at tugadmin@tug2.net

we will see if we can spark some results here!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
if anyone in this thread (or reading it) has a vistana/westin/sheraton timeshare in the US they are looking to dispose of that is paid off, please contact me via PM or at tugadmin@tug2.net

we will see if we can spark some results here!
Clearly you know something is coming lol.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive been asked to gather contact details of some owners in this situation to provide to marriott...if it will help an owner with an exit solution...im all for trying anything.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
ive been asked to gather contact details of some owners in this situation to provide to marriott...if it will help an owner with an exit solution...im all for trying anything.

Where do we place a bet that they’ll try selling them something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Awesome!! It all seems like they are building that new program? Here I am waiting for the contract on my new purchase lol I may be interested in one of those people looking to get out :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id certainly be very disappointed with both them, and the person who shared the info with me if that were the case!

although truth be told, if I thought that were even a remote possibility Id certainly not request any TUG member to bother sending me their info.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
id certainly be very disappointed with both them, and the person who shared the info with me if that were the case!

although truth be told, if I thought that were even a remote possibility Id certainly not request any TUG member to bother sending me their info.

Brian,

I honestly hope you’re right. However, my experience with these companies leaves very little to trust when it comes to this type of issue. I’m a bit surprised you’ve been as optimistic as you have.

Ken

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Who or What is LT TRANSFERS

they are a closing company, however chances are the buyer for your ownership will pick their own to use, and wont be something you need to provide.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian,

I honestly hope you’re right. However, my experience with these companies leaves very little to trust when it comes to this type of issue. I’m a bit surprised you’ve been as optimistic as you have.

Ken

The source of the information is someone I trust and have a great relationship with at ARDA directly...otherwise I would have just blown all this off long ago and agreed with most of the initial skeptical comments!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok, more info. I have had one person confirm they were rejected via this program because they were trying to give back a non us based timeshare in the vistana system.

sadly this program is only for US based ownerships at the current time. so if you are looking to give back a US based vistana/sheraton/westin timeshare and are rejected by this program or told it doesnt exist, please contact me!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages
what does ROFR mean. My timeshare is paid in full original cost and maintenance. 2bed lockoff 81,000 star options bella vistana villages GOLD

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
ok, more info. I have had one person confirm they were rejected via this program because they were trying to give back a non us based timeshare in the vistana system.

sadly this program is only for US based ownerships at the current time. so if you are looking to give back a US based vistana/sheraton/westin timeshare and are rejected by this program or told it doesnt exist, please contact me!
Happened To me two weeks ago, they are not taking back harborside.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
what does ROFR mean. My timeshare is paid in full original cost and maintenance. 2bed lockoff 81,000 star options bella vistana villages GOLD

Right of first refusal.

Many timeshares were sold with the developer retaining the right to match the price of any resale of any unit and take back that unit (to resell at a profit, presumably). ROFR is used arbitrarily and is more a nuisance than anything else -- at least from the perspective of the seller.

But Bella apparently does not have this inconvenient feature.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
they are a closing company, however chances are the buyer for your ownership will pick their own to use, and wont be something you need to provide.
If the buyer is a Tugger, chances are they will want to use LT Transfers. In my experience selling a few weeks, the buyers didn't really have any idea on who they wanted to use and let me pick LT Transfers.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
So I have a question and maybe it’s been answered or I don’t understand. It’s a general question about inventory. If they take deeded weeks back in certain resorts does that mean there is less availability for owners in VSN to book?

So if MVC is building some sort of program where members in their program whether it be their existing points program or whatever members will be able to cross book (speculation I know). If they are building inventory for cross booking or a new program to combine with whatever unsold inventory they purchased to be used in that program. Is that in a sense dwindling down the sold inventory we bought into?

With them taking weeks and inventory back which once belonged to our pool and they are pouring it into a new trust will we no longer have access if we aren’t part of a new speculation program? My fear is a dwindling pool to swim in, forcing owners to never get availability because they have all the inventory.

Go easy on me, this is less about speculation and more about understanding inventory. TIA.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of right now there's no inventory issue. Deeded weeks taken back are likely (where allowed) going into the various flexOption Trusts which SVN weeks exchanges currently have access to. However, MVC (which bought ILG/Vistana) likely has greater control over the flexOption trusts and could change "access" to them allow the existing Marriott DC points products to exchange into them. That could limit SVN weeks exchange inventory in the long run. There are a couple of threads speculating about what MVCs next move is to create some sort of exchange option between the DC points and SVN properties.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So I have a question and maybe it’s been answered or I don’t understand. It’s a general question about inventory. If they take deeded weeks back in certain resorts does that mean there is less availability for owners in VSN to book?

So if MVC is building some sort of program where members in their program whether it be their existing points program or whatever members will be able to cross book (speculation I know). If they are building inventory for cross booking or a new program to combine with whatever unsold inventory they purchased to be used in that program. Is that in a sense dwindling down the sold inventory we bought into?

With them taking weeks and inventory back which once belonged to our pool and they are pouring it into a new trust will we no longer have access if we aren’t part of a new speculation program? My fear is a dwindling pool to swim in, forcing owners to never get availability because they have all the inventory.

Go easy on me, this is less about speculation and more about understanding inventory. TIA.
For every week taken back, there is one less week available to book. However, there is also one less owner competing for a reservation.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
For every week taken back, there is one less week available to book. However, there is also one less owner competing for a reservation.
So as time goes on wouldn’t more and more people in those deeded weeks give back to buy in? They offered me 22K toward the purchase of a flex plan. Granted it’s technically Monopoly money since these timeshares are so over priced. I can’t help but imagine the amount of people who are willing to give back a good mandatory week because they were sold on flex nonsense.