• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wait-list, Monday Madness and Housekeeping fee

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a confirmation for a unit I had wait-listed that was also on Monday Madness special. After I confirmed I still wanted the unit, I was sent another email with the charges for taxes, as well as for the housekeeping fee.

Housekeeping is not charged for Monday Madness specials (see from website below) so I sent an email asking about this, and they removed the charge.

• Housekeeping is included in the rental rate. Sales and Transient Occupancy Taxes, if applicable, will be collected at time of booking.

So if you have a wait-list request confirmed, check to see if the unit is on a Monday Madness special !

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
If I understand correctly, you might still pay housekeeping taxes (that is, taxes on the cash rate portion that covers housekeeping) based on the location ...? I've run into this fairly often recently ... and have quit booking cash rate reservations, for now.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I had a room come up on waitlist for points. I had to book it, then call to have it switched over to Monday Madness. Perhaps if I hadn't had the points left to book, it might've gone straight to Monday Madness and charged the credit card on file?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I had a room come up on waitlist for points. I had to book it, then call to have it switched over to Monday Madness. Perhaps if I hadn't had the points left to book, it might've gone straight to Monday Madness and charged the credit card on file?

It all depends on the rep - but generally they will send you an email asking how want to handle it and what card you want to use.

But no guarantee that they will book it on a cash basis unless you tell them when you respond.

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should book the cash option when you make the booking. I don't think they generally change points to cash bookings. You can use any valid cash option (ie Monday madness, Fax) for your waitlist offer if it is available for that resort/time.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Is Monday Madness any time at the listed resorts, or just select times? Since I do not own WM but only wyndham I can't look.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is Monday Madness any time at the listed resorts, or just select times? Since I do not own WM but only wyndham I can't look.

Here is a screenshot of the booking rules from the WorldMark site:

Monday Madness Rules.png

To answer your question, it looks like it's any arrival time in the next 11 months, with a 7-night maximum stay. The list of resorts updates weekly, so if you need something, booking soon is smart.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To answer your question, it looks like it's any arrival time in the next 11 months, with a 7-night maximum stay. The list of resorts updates weekly, so if you need something, booking soon is smart.

Hope this helps,
Dave

That is helpful. I did locate the page with the list of resorts.
www.worldmark.net/mondaymadness/

Few more Qs

One bullet states that over the phone it is $0.09 a credit, is it available and cheaper to book directly online?
What are the costs for GCs at WM?
Is it standard credits values but just allowing you to book as a rental option instead of credit option.
Is there any time that credits are discounted, in any WM program?

TIA

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That is helpful. I did locate the page with the list of resorts.
www.worldmark.net/mondaymadness/

Few more Qs

One bullet states that over the phone it is $0.09 a credit, is it available and cheaper to book directly online?
What are the costs for GCs at WM?
Is it standard credits values but just allowing you to book as a rental option instead of credit option.
Is there any time that credits are discounted, in any WM program?

TIA

Others can answer better than me. I'm pretty new at WM.

If you book a Monday Madness resort, during the check-out point where you pay for it, they offer the booking at 8 cents a credit. Doing it on the phone is 9 cents a credit.

Guest Certificates are granted annually, one per 10,000 WM credits (or part of that) owned. So owners have at least one GC per year they can use. I don't know offhand what the cost is to buy one if the freebie has been used.

It is standard credit values used, yes. You just pay cash instead of using credits.

Credits are not usually discounted, as far as I know. But there are different ways to pay for things, that don't always use credits. (Somebody else will have to correct this. I think I'm overlooking something.)

Dave

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
You did a good job Dave.

And you are correct, there is never a booking discount. There are different rates for the different cash bookings (ie. Bonus Time @ 6.9 cents vs FAX @ 8 cents), but never a discount off those established rates.

There is also a minimum nightly charge $65 for Bonus Time/Inventory Specials. This minimum does not apply to FAX or Special Offers (which are credit rentals from Wyndham).

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is also a minimum nightly charge $65 for Bonus Time/Inventory Specials. This minimum does not apply to FAX or Special Offers (which are credit rentals from Wyndham).

Can you give me an example or FAX or special offers. Is there also a web page for that?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAX is just another credit rental program from Wyndham. You are allowed unlimited usage with a caveat - during red season the rate is 8 cents per credit only 1 time in 5 years. After that usage, it is 15 cents a credit. Blue and White season is always at 8 cents a credit. For all cash booking options, housekeeping is included

From time to time, Wyndham will also run "Special Offers" which are like FAX, but dont have a red season limitation. They generally will apply to all available inventory but only 10 months out.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAX Time Rentals
FAX Time Rentals are made available by WorldMark by Wyndham as the developer and are subject to the availability of FAX credits. The current policy for FAX Time reservations is as follows:

expanded.gif
Reservation Requirements
  • Reservations must not exceed 14 consecutive nights.
  • Reservations must not consume more than 10% of the total units at a resort.
  • All other WorldMark, The Club Guidelines apply.

expanded.gif
Season and Credit Cost
  • Red Season: One FAX Time use every 5 years at $.08 per credit is allowed. One use is defined as one or more units at the same resort during the same time. Additional reservations in red season within 5 years will be charged at $.15 per credit.
  • Blue and White Season: Unlimited FAX Time use at $.08 per credit.

expanded.gif
Fees and Charges
  • The nightly minimum charge does not apply.
  • Owners may use a combination of credits and FAX Time for a reservation.
  • Where applicable, the Transient Occupancy Tax must be paid at the time of booking. This fee is not included in the FAX Time cost.
  • Housekeeping charges are included in the FAX Time cost and will not be billed separately.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What Cancellation Rules apply to Monday Madness bookings?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you cancel a Monday Madness and rebook it if an Inventory Special becomes available?

If you pay cash for either MM or IS, do they just refund the fees?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Cost of GC's is $99 If done Online and $129 If done by telephone.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Can you cancel a Monday Madness and rebook it if an Inventory Special becomes available?

If you pay cash for either MM or IS, do they just refund the fees?
Caution on the "cancel/rebook" thought: check to see if the 48-hour waiting period may apply to your situation. You should verify there is a unit available for your dates before you cancel the existing reservation. I suggest having that new booking in the reservation process (start walking through the screens) before cancelling the existing in a different window.

Yes, if you cancel a cash reservation before the "last cancellation date" (shown at the bottom of the reservation details) the Fee paid will be refunded to your CC.

WM Club Guidelnes said:
22. Cancellation. It is recommended that all cancellations be made online between 6 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. daily or by telephone by calling 800-457-0103 during regular business hours. The Club will not be responsible for lost documents or timeliness of bookings when done by letter or email. Owners may cancel reservations by giving written, telephone or email notice within the following periods:

For Reservations Made

91 days to 13 months in advance 15 days to 90 days in advance
No Later Than 30 days before use 10 days before use

For Reservations Made
3 days to 14 days in advance 0 hours to 2 days in advance
No Later Than 2 days before use No cancellation

If cancelled in less than the required number of days, the Owner will be charged the applicable number of Vacation Credits and/or Bonus Time fees for that use to the extent that other Owners cannot use the same period. After check-in, there
is no refund of Credits or Bonus Time fees in the event of an early checkout regardless if another Owner occupies the remaining reserved period.

Cancellations must be received by calling 800-457-0103 during business hours Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or online at worldmarktheclub.com between 6 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. These hours are subject to change, and notice is provided via the Owner newsletter publication.

There will be a 48-hour waiting period between a cancellation and a new reservation whenever the following occurs:
(1) The Owner is cancelling a one-week reservation in Red Season and then requests to rebook the same reservation for less than a week within 10 months or less of occupancy;
(2) The Owner is cancelling a Vacation Credit Reservation and then requests to rebook that reservation as a Bonus Time reservation;
(3) The Owner is cancelling a regular Bonus Time Reservation and then requests to rebook that reservation as a Guest-only reservation within five (5) days of use;
(4) The Owner is requesting a revision to an existing reservation and the revised arrival date was not within the Guidelines on the original date of booking; or
(5) The Owner is requesting a revision to an existing Grouped Reservation and the revised segments were not within the Guidelines on the original date of booking.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
check to see if the 48-hour waiting period may apply to your situation.

What is the 48 hour waiting period? What situations might that apply?

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep reading my post ... I did a copy/paste of the related guideline and bolded the section header for the 48-hour rule and its applications.
What is the 48 hour waiting period? What situations might that apply?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keep reading my post ... I did a copy/paste of the related guideline and bolded the section header for the 48-hour rule and its applications.

I was just going back to re-read it. I have to say that layout is kind of poor, they should have ONE rule on a separate line. I just assume that the line applied to the first item, I did realize there were 2 columns.

Put one rule per line. (NOT you, WM documentation).

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just going back to re-read it. I have to say that layout is kind of poor, they should have ONE rule on a separate line. I just assume that the line applied to the first item, I did realize there were 2 columns.

Put one rule per line. (NOT you, WM documentation).
I see 5 conditions that trigger the 48-hour rule; each numbered and started on its own line. I don't see columns ... but perhaps it is a difference between our browsers. Could be something that slipped in, unnoticed by my browser, during my copy/paste. Sorry!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

If you have a waitlist come through and you did not have sufficient points but you let the Booking go thru Wyndham would debit you for FAX Points to complete the Reservation. It would not switch over to Monday madness. Remember Wyndham is not your friend. They want to make money.