• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wanting to buy Wyndham

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
My friend owns Wyndham Plus Points membership. She pays $50 a month and is able to travel with her family of 7 for 2 full weeks out of every year. I want some of that! I was the one who showed her how to rent using flipkey and homeaway. I thought I was getting a great deal. She bought hers on ebay for like nothing. I am afraid if I do that I will get screwed. Lol So does anyone have advice on how to get a good amount of points for low monthly costs? I don't really know what I am doing.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My friend owns Wyndham Plus Points membership. She pays $50 a month and is able to travel with her family of 7 for 2 full weeks out of every year.

As a former Wyndham owner of a fixed week converted (by previous owner) to Wyndham points, I find the numbers cited hard to believe and likely inaccurate. 182,000 points got us one week in one 2BR unit once per year with annual maintenance fees closer to $800 than $600 (and that was nearly 8 years ago now).

You cite a maintenance fee amount reportedly totaling only $600 per year, today. That family of 7 would presumably always require 3BR units (2BR units are maximum 6 people occupancy limit). The number of points required to obtain a 3BR unit twice per year anywhere within Wyndham would cost several times the $600 annual maint. fee amount you have cited. In short, the numbers and the math for the circumstances described simply do not work or add up. :shrug:

In any event, low initial acquisition cost (whether via eBay or anywhere else) is much less important than the annual maintenance fee $ / points ratio. You would be wise to first learn lots more about Wyndham. Determine the amount of required Wyndham points for representative locations and unit sizes that you might pursue and only then seek out (resale only, of course) a points package that would fulfill your needs. A package with too few points to reserve where / what you seek would be completely useless to you. Next, closely examine the maintenance fee costs (which are annual and forever, unlike low initial acquisition cost) for whatever amount of points that you determine you will need for intended reservations.

Don't buy anything without first conducting extensive homework and research (at least for hours and weeks, not just for a few online minutes). Good luck.

Last edited:

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I am not quite sure how to tell how many points I would need. We are a family of 3 and usually rent 2 bedroom condos. I am going to do more research to find out. We've only really stayed in Wyndham properties, so I thought it was the best. I may need another kind of ownership which still allows us to travel different places and gives us more for pur money. I am thrilled to have found this sight with so many knowledgeable people with experience. I really appreciate your input.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I am not quite sure how to tell how many points I would need. We are a family of 3 and usually rent 2 bedroom condos. I am going to do more research to find out. We've only really stayed in Wyndham properties, so I thought it was the best. I may need another kind of ownership which still allows us to travel different places and gives us more for pur money. I am thrilled to have found this sight with so many knowledgeable people with experience. I really appreciate your input.

Welcome. Hopefully, someone here can / will provide you with a direct link to be able to view a Wyndham points chart, which would provide a clear and immediate picture of points needs at different places / unit sizes / seasons. I've frankly been out of Wyndham for too long now to have that link info at my fingertips.

I don't know where you live and / or plan to travel, but Wyndham is certainly a decent system with a very strong resort presence in the eastern U.S. (with the noteworthy exception of coastal SW Florida and / or the Florida Keys). Just make sure to stay far away from any and all (aggressive and deceitful) Wyndham sales weasels and consider only the resale market if you decide to buy in at all.

Being able to reserve less than a full week is also a potential benefit to owning Wyndham points (although know clearly in advance that partial week stays cost considerably more per day in points than just 1/7th of a full weeks' points requirement).

You've got plenty of homework and research to do, but making the effort to become an informed timeshare consumer will serve you well. Good luck.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Here is the link to current point directory. http://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/travelshare/cw_directory.pdf

Directory looks old but still the current one, Keep in mind the Club Pass and Margaritaville selection of resorts you can't book with resale points. Club Wyndham Plus and Affiliate resorts are fine to book. You can use points for club pass resorts only if you go through RCI with your free RCI Weeks account under Wyndham.

Below is the points required for RCI by unit size and season

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 8.27.17 PM.png

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are always free Wyndham points on the Bargain forum. I think you have to be a TUG member to see it, though.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Just make sure to stay far away from any and all (aggressive and deceitful) Wyndham sales weasels and consider only the resale market if you decide to buy in at all.

Absolutely true.

Being able to reserve less than a full week is also a potential benefit to owning Wyndham points (although know clearly in advance that partial week stays cost considerably more per day in points than just 1/7th of a full weeks' points requirement).

This is true if you are including a Friday or Saturday night in your stay, otherwise it will be less that 1/7th. This can be useful to squeeze a couple four day trips out if you can travel say Sunday to Wednesday or Thursday.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
One piece of advice for the OP: be sure--if you haven't already done so--to read extensively on the Wyndham BBS on TUG, especially regarding the complete fiasco that is still raging regarding the release of their new website/reservations system. From the sounds of it, it's a complete nightmare. You might want to delay a purchase until that mess is completely straightened out.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is true if you are including a Friday or Saturday night in your stay, otherwise it will be less that 1/7th. This can be useful to squeeze a couple four day trips out if you can travel say Sunday to Wednesday or Thursday.

Good point; thanks for that clarification. I didn't really consider partial weeks which did not include a full weekend, thought only of possible "long weekends".

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Good point; thanks for that clarification. I didn't really consider partial weeks which did not include a full weekend, thought only of possible "long weekends".

That's a pretty popular tactic at Glacier Canyon in the summer, or fall/winter if kids are young enough to not be in school yet. A 2 bedroom unit is only slightly more points for Sunday through Thursday as it is for just the two weekend nights. It's the same at Bonnet Creek (and I'm sure similar at quite a few other resorts).

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
Everyone has been so helpful. I am still researching quite a bit. I want to make sure I know 100% what I am getting myself into and what I need before getting that commitment.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...still researching... I want to make sure I know 100% what I am getting myself into and what I need before getting that commitment.

I'm certainly not "peddling" Wyndham (we actually chose to bail out of Wyndham about 8 years ago now), but will nonetheless note that their current website / reservation / computer woes are a bit out of character, at least historically speaking. I wouldn't shy away from Wyndham solely on the basis of these (troubling, but presumably to be resolved in the not too distant future) computer / website / reservation issues. :shrug:

Last edited:

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham and Worldmark have bigger computer system problem than you heard. It has been going on for about a year now. Imagine your account has been locked and you could not make any reservation for next summer, your points do not shuffle, your waitlist does not work, your billing statement is not accurate .....

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham and Worldmark have bigger computer system problem than you heard. It has been going on for about a year now. Imagine your account has been locked and you could not make any reservation for next summer, your points do not shuffle, your waitlist does not work, your billing statement is not accurate .....

That hasn't been the case with club Wyndham

wyndham introduced a new website and changed the rules a bit in mid may. It was to be a weekend rollout but it's been like 2 weeks now and it still isnt right. But at least we've gone from nothing to now we are pretty much only complaining about having to learn something new. As Theo said. They will get it right sooner or later

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, what I said is worldmark mostly. but I also heard from OC regarding Wyndham, too. May be every individual experiences differently.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
She bought hers on ebay for like nothing. I am afraid if I do that I will get screwed.

I wouldn't be afraid of buying off of eBay but you do have to watch who you buy from. Check out the seller and the fees they are charging for closing. Tug Bargain List and the Tug Market Place, under $500 too. Closing cost vary, LT Transfer is one that I have used and they are reasonable, however, most eBay seller will not give you a choice on the closing company. I have got all my points resale via the above sources.

Like other have mentioned at some resorts, in quite time, you can get a 2 bedroom for 77K points. I would suggest that if you are looking for a certain resort during the summer or holidays, you may want to purchase there for the ARP (13 months reservation) other than that points are points.
One of the other things to consider is the purchase price verses maintenance fees. Bonnet Creek usually sells for more that other resorts but point being points it is easy to get in most of the time. Other resorts have lower maintenance fees other go for more initial cost. CWA (Club Wyndham Access) is attractive to many people because it has ok maintenance fees and ARP to like 60+ resorts. (I don't own any yet because of the initial cost).

One thing to know is that if you get sucked into another sale presentation or owner update you will hear every reason why resale is the bane of the earth, but you will be laughing all they way to the back knowing you saved tens of thousands of dollars.

Oh, one other thing, price on eBay cycle high to low, so watch for a little while, usually toward the end of summer to the middle of December they are better and then again the end of January till about spring break time they are low.

Good luck and have fun learning

bluzin1

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please use the Bargain Deals forum for this offer - not the discussion forums.]

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score
[Please use the Bargain Deals forum for this offer - not the discussion forums.]
I wasn't askingnto buy anything on this forum. Please tell me what I did wrong. I dont want to do that again. I really like this site and am learning a lot.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

exyeh

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluzin1,
I sent you a PM.

Last edited:

elleny76

Reaction score
My friend owns Wyndham Plus Points membership. She pays $50 a month and is able to travel with her family of 7 for 2 full weeks out of every year. I want some of that! I was the one who showed her how to rent using flipkey and homeaway. I thought I was getting a great deal. She bought hers on ebay for like nothing. I am afraid if I do that I will get screwed. Lol So does anyone have advice on how to get a good amount of points for low monthly costs? I don't really know what I am doing.
Wyndham is a good timeshare.

Ohsnapusa

Reaction score

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Here is the link to current point directory. http://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/travelshare/cw_directory.pdf

Directory looks old but still the current one, Keep in mind the Club Pass and Margaritaville selection of resorts you can't book with resale points. Club Wyndham Plus and Affiliate resorts are fine to book. You can use points for club pass resorts only if you go through RCI with your free RCI Weeks account under Wyndham.

Below is the points required for RCI by unit size and season

View attachment 4022

I know this thread is old, however I was just looking into the Margaritaville resorts andput it in the search function and this thread came up. I am clueless to Wyndham TS. What is the difference between Club Plus, Club Pass and Margaritaville?
Thanks in advance.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Wyndham Plus is one of wyndhams timeshare systems

Club Wyndham pass is an internal exchange program whereby Club Wyndham owners can reserve Worldmark properties with their points and Worldmark owners can reserve Club Wyndham resorts with their credits

Margaritaville is a resort (or family of resorts) Wyndham opened with Jimmy Buffit it is part of Club Wyndham Plus but only some of the inventory is open to Club Wyndham owners (some is held for The folks that own the Margaritaville deeds