• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Warner Springs Ranch for sale(2009)

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
My title says it all... I was reading online that Warner Springs Ranch is up for sale? Does anyone have any further info on this?

My family has stayed at the ranch a few times, and although it is a bit run-down ("rustic"), we have always enjoyed our stays.

I know that the Pala Indians are interested in purchasing it, because it is their ancestral lands... But, I'm hoping that whoever buys the ranch, will develop it for further public use, as a timeshare operation. I am not an owner--becuase the monthly fees are so expensive--but, I would love to be, if it was bought by a timeshare outfit and managed and upkept properly.

What does everyone think? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
The owners voted late last year to list the ranch for sale. We are presently voting on two specific offers received prior to the "list" decision. Both of the offers include intentions of running the property as a "resort" for some number of years forward.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
Thank you Rhonda

Thank you Rhonda. I appreciate your insight. I am going to send you a PM with a few questions.

Take care. :)

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Plenty of great events planned ... participation in the 100 Hours of Astronomy Project, Elvis Meets the Andrew Sisters" performance, Tae Kwon Do/Kickboxing, watercolor painting classes, guitar hero, pottery classes, guided hikes, trail rides, yoga, Easter activities and more. Visit the Special Events page for schedules.

It is a great time to visit the ranch ... and owners may now pass discounts on room reservations along to friends. I'd be happy to help Tuggers book reservations ...

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you rhonda for posting the activities schedule. So much going on! This is a neat resort. I stayed there years ago when I was pregnant with our first child and my husband was on a conference there. I remember thinking, I'd like to return to this place sometime and explore it more!

What kind of rates can you get for us TUGgers? We would be 2 adults and 2 children and would require a unit with a kitchen. Do they have kitchens in them?

Thanks!

Janna

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, Janna -

I sent you a PM with some room types/rates. Sorry ... no kitchens, only small dorm-type refrigerators in some units. WSR has three dining options on the property: Anza Lodge (dinners and special events), Golf Grill (breakfast/lunch) and the Smiling Waters Cafe (poolside).

As most of our visits are for 1 or 2 nights, we enjoy dining in the Anza Lodge ... and living off snack foods (no cooking required) in between. I realize this is more difficult with the two little ones.
- Rhonda

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lastest email from our HOA President suggests we'll close escrow on January 2, 2012.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Posted today: CBRE chosen to market Warner Springs Ranch

This was posted today on San Diego Source:

http://www.sddt.com/News/article.cf...n+to+market+Warner+Springs+Ranch#.UIssMo7DKr0

Snippet:
San Diego Source said:
CBRE’s Golf & Resort Group has been authorized by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to market Warner Springs Ranch for sale on behalf of the debtor, which will have a say in who buys the property.

The Warner Springs Ranchowners Association has the option of using what is known as a “stalking horse” bid. Under such a provision, the entity in bankruptcy gets to decide who will make the initial bid on the property.

For full article, please refer to the link.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ranch sold to Pacific Hospitality Group in BK court.

Link to article published today in the Ramona Patch: http://ramona.patch.com/articles/warner-springs-ranch-resort-sold-at-auction

Some of the other "news" releases attempt to disclose elements of negotiation and are sorely incomplete (thus appearing biased).

=== EDITED to add Additional/Related Links ===

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is did the HOA have the super majority to authorize the sale or was the bankruptcy judge allowed to approve the sale absent the numbers.

This could be the bell wringer of dissolving time shares with non performing intervals.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The question is did the HOA have the super majority to authorize the sale or was the bankruptcy judge allowed to approve the sale absent the numbers.
I believe that they did have super majority owner approval through the results of an assent process taken several years back. If I recall correctly, the assent process was later challenged and upheld.

Additional "in the news" links:

Last edited:

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've just received word that Escrow closed earlier today. I'll now have to modify the resort list in my profile. I'm terribly sad to lose my favorite property ... and will try to remain hopeful for good things from the new owner, PHG.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last week we received official notice of PHG's intent to close the Equestrian Center. I'm planning to move my horses off the property this coming Saturday. I'll sure miss my barn buddies (boarders and staff), the lovely deep sand arena and those glorious trails! :(

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whoo-hoo! This morning I received a last-minute invitation to help support the first breakfast ride at the Warner Springs Ranch Resort since it closed in January 2012. A family who, like us, were owners at the ranch long ago booked a special event to celebrate an important birthday. The ranch readied a wagon (pulled by a truck rather than the draft mules of the past), a string of trail horses and breakfast foods provided by the Golf Grill. The outing was a coordinated effort of both WSRR staff and local "trail angel" volunteers, like myself.

I was so thrilled to enjoy a breakfast ride again. Wishing God's Blessing for the birthday guest and her family. So glad they nudged the ranch into test-driving a return of this marvelous old tradition.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With snow falling ... I sooooo miss the hot springs today! Today would be a lovely day to soak like a snow monkey! Sigh.