• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waterside Hilton Head Golf Package

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside in Hilton Head had a golf package for owners. The golf package ended last week. Does anyone know if there are discounts for golf to replace the old golf package? Thanks.

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waterside in Hilton Head had a golf package for owners. The golf package ended last week. Does anyone know if there are discounts for golf to replace the old golf package? Thanks.
That is really bad news. Would love to hear why and if anything will replace it.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Hmm. I thought my deed said golf til 2019? We don’t plan to use it. But it was good for the past years.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
So, the contract ended with the golf courses and they're not renewing?

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spinnaker sent the e-mail below two weeks ago. When I called Waterside, they said the golf package expired and was not renewed. Waterside presented the new discounts as positive, but the rep could not provide specific information. Just wondered if anyone knew additional information.

E-mail from Waterside:

Say Hello To Our Vacation Experience Coordinator!

We are pleased to inform you that the Sports and Golf program has been enhanced with many more choices for our Owners!

Our new program will now offer much more than golf and tennis alone. We will have our own Vacation Experience Coordinator who will be able to secure your tee times, tour and excursion bookings, dinner reservations, bike rentals and many other Lowcountry experiences and information. These additional benefits will all come with an attractive discount only offered to Spinnaker Owners.

This exciting new program will also enhance the golf package as it will enable you to book your tee times much further in advance and to have access to Spinnaker discounted rates at a larger selection of golf courses both on and off the island.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Thanks for sharing. I own at Waterside... I didn't receive that email or any other notification of changes.

jstapleton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was redirected to this thread since I posted this morning that I found out yesterday that the golf ended at Spinnaker last year (we didn't use last year).

I called and was sent to the coordinator, Lisa, who sent me below information. On the phone she was telling me that the $50 pp was a better deal than four of us golfing for free and just paying a cart fee and I don't understand what she didn't understand LOL (or maybe it was me LOL)

This is what was sent to me. I, too, never got an email. She said the information was in my dues letter but I'm surprised I missed it, I try to read it all:

It was a pleasure speaking to you today. Our new golf program offers different courses on and off the island. I am confident that you will love these new courses. There are two ways to save money for golfers: prepaid vouchers and discounted rates.

The prepaid voucher option is available at the courses listed below:

https://www.oldsouthgolf.com/

http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Golden-Bear-Golf-Club-at-Indigo-Run

http://www.palmettohallcc.com/

If you like to enjoy an early morning tee off, a prepaid voucher is a perfect way to save money. Each guest in your villa can get the same rate. You are no longer limited to four people. The prices below include cart rental, green fees and tax. When you call for a tee time, tell them that you will have a prepaid golf voucher. You can purchase the vouchers from me, Lisa Simons at Waterside next to the Front desk. All sales are final. There are no refunds or rainchecks. We are not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers.

The rates are as follows:

Old South – Year round 18 holes @ $50.00 per player Phone # (843) 785-5353

Palmetto Hall – has two courses which are Robert Cupp and Arthur Hills – Year round 18 holds is $45.00 per person. Phone # (843) 342-2582

Golden Bear – Year round 18 holes @ $51.00 per player and includes tax. Phone # (843) 689-2200

You have the ability to call the golf course and make your own tee time.

The other option is to get a discounted golf rate. I would recommend calling a week ahead of your arrival to get the discounted rates since they change according to season. These rates do not include tax. If you play the courses listed below at a the reduced rate, you would get a refund or raincheck. If you call and book the discounted rates, just tell them that you are a Spinnaker owner.

https://www.bearcreekhhi.com/

http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Country-Club-of-Hilton-Head/Amenities/Golf

https://www.dolphinheadgc.com/course/

My hours are as follows:

Saturday: 1:45 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Monday – Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

If you need assistance on Thursday or Friday, you can contact the Front Desk.

Sincerely,