• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Website blocked me from booking 3rd unit on one owner for same dates

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am used to seeing the message regarding duplicate owners... the one that says... I have two units booked in the same owner name. Today, it refused to let me book a third unit in the same owners name for the same dates - I had to choose a different owner. I thought I had 48 hours to get my guest pass on - but now it seems now they don't want me to book more than two units for the same dates on that owner name at all - I have to have my guest name instantly or choose another owner.

Here is the message when I try to book the third unit, and it highlights the OWNER box in red for the prompt: "PLEASE TELL US WHO WILL BE CHECKING IN".
"This owner already has a reservation on the selected dates. To proceed with this reservation the Traveler name will need to be changed."

Anyone else experience this? I noticed it yesterday for the first time.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is the message I get - blue screen and huge letters. I am able to continue and book the reservation:

You are already traveling on a reservation with these selected dates. The check-in name must be changed within 48 hours to avoid cancellation.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I get warned a lot but I've never been blocked.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
The big blue message occurs earlier in the process. This is occurring for me at the point when I choose my owner name from the dropdown.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a limit on how many reservations you can book for the same dates at the same resort. I think it is 10 reservations or 20% of the units if that is a smaller number. I hit that limit at Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge when I tried to book a second unit.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How close is the check in date? I’ve had that happen in cases of check in less than 48 hours in advance.

Wes.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a limit on how many reservations you can book for the same dates at the same resort. I think it is 10 reservations or 20% of the units if that is a smaller number. I hit that limit at Margaritaville in Pigeon Forge when I tried to book a second unit.
This is not it - I could book in my husbands name.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
How close is the check in date? I’ve had that happen in cases of check in less than 48 hours in advance.

Wes.
This could be possible. I saw this first on Monday, booking for this Friday. So not 48 hours, but pretty near. Trying to arrange a quick family getaway. I will try further out & see what happens.