• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk owner bonus time rental at Northstar

etera

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do people have experience w/ bonus time rentals at Northstar or One Village Place? The rates seem really good but I am wondering about the availability of these rates.

Do they match the availability you see on welkresorts.com?

Thanks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Absolutely NOT. I bought in Branson and we never get bonus time there even. The only way to get a cheap stay is to go Sunday-Thursday or go for an update, which you can do every three months. We stayed for 3 nights in a large 1BR for $100 in Branson.
The "Bonus Time" sales gimmick is one thing that I griped to Welk about in my first two years of owning. I have spoken with several people in Owners Services and most of them don't know what I mean by "Bonus Time" and when I finally got an explanation during an owner update, it went something like this: "The amount of units available for bonus time is a small percentage of the total number of units and only becomes available if less than 50% of the total units are rented out." I'm not certain on the numbers but I think there is less than %5 of total units.
Since 2015 I have never been able to rent at bonus time rates or been told that any is available.

etera

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that may be looking to answer this question. Here are the responses that I got from Welk. We have since rescinded our contract.

1. Inventory is based on excess Owner inventory and limited to two villas per ownership.

- What defines excess Owner inventory?

1. Developer Owned Inventory, Unsold Inventory, Sales & Marketing Unused Inventory
- Does this inventory match what is shown as available inventory on welkresorts.com > book now; or https://reservations.travelclick.com w/in 60 days of booking?

1. No. This pool has additional pieces, marketing – rental – sales etc.
- Does the 2 villa per ownership mean concurrently or over the course of a year?

1. 2 Villa Concurrently
Availability during high demand periods is limited and reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.

- What are high demand periods?
  1. Red - High Season Weeks 21 – 43 and 46 – 15
  2. Yellow - Middle Season Weeks 16 – 20 & 44 & 45
- What is the inventory available?
  1. This changes Daily
- Does this inventory match what is shown as available inventory on welkresorts.com > book now; or https://reservations.travelclick.com w/in 60 days of booking?
  1. No. This pool has additional pieces, marketing – rental – sales etc.

Guitarmom

Reaction score
I have used Bonus time rates twice. Once was in the off-season (February) and once we reserved a room for one night for my mother-in-law when we were staying on the property for a week.

I have not been able to obtain Bonus time rates since. The universe seemed to change when Welk started outsourcing their reservations. Everything about paid reservations became more difficult and more expensive. Once, we were staying in half a lock-off and had the other half reserved for Saturday through Saturday. Plans changed, and I tried to pay for the Friday night of that half that was reserved Saturday through Saturday. They would not give me Bonus time rates. I kept saying, "I'm happy to pay $159 for that room, but not $240. The room is empty on Friday. Don't you want to rent it for $159?" They absolutely would not budge! We finally grabbed it using points. It was unbelievable. I am not a fan of the off-site reservation company.