• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Deedback Information - Give your unwanted Westgate Timeshare back

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

jc0425

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Vacation villas
800 351 0461 M-F 9am-5pm
Legacy@wgresorts.com

it actually took me awahile to find this in a search, so i figured id create a thread to make it much easier to find!

I did this and it cost me $750 but my maintenance fees were a $1000 so I took it. I’m free

tatvan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Hi jc0425
I called and spoke to someone in Westgate's Legacy Program. The female I spoke to was very nice and well informed.
They told me the cost depends on when Westgate was contacted & demand and inventory of the ownership. What 'did' you own & when did you get out of Westgate? They say the range is from $750-$1500 and could change monthly depending on what you own , the demand and inventory they have for what you own and when you contact them.
We own a 2 bedroom 2 bath in Kissemee. We own every other year. It would be interesting to know when you got out and what you owned. I see you owned at Westgate Vacation Villas...as we do....our villa is in the double letters.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Someone just reported they contacted the legacy program and was told they were denied because westgate had too much inventory at the current time :(

Im hoping this didnt signal the end of this program and it was just a fluke occurrence!

Knickfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
800 351 0461 M-F 9am-5pm
Legacy@wgresorts.com

it actually took me awahile to find this in a search, so i figured id create a thread to make it much easier to find!

We Just did the same. We have been owners at Westgate Vacation Villas in Kissimmee, since 92. We owned an annual week , around the easter spring break. It cost us $750 also to deed it back... but good riddance. We used it only sporadically after the kids were out on their own, and since the advent of the internet, have been able to find equal accommodations for far less, and absent the $1000 maintenance fees. So it was a total waste of money. They first ask if we wanted to transfer the deed to a family member, or wanted to try and sell it on our own, I declined both, and the girl on the phone said it would cost us $750. So we took that offer. Our week was paid off years ago, and we had no outstanding fees due, so it was not a problem.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
happy to hear that they are still taking back some of them at least!

M Toki

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
It's March, 2019, I am starting my " Deed Back" process. They told me it would cost $1,000. My maintenance is $ 850. I'm going to do it because I want OUT!!

Donna86

Reaction score
I am just starting this process now. Keeping my fingers crossed. How long does the process usually take?

parkcityshare

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate park city resort and spa
I called yesterday and they said they will take mine back for $2,000... is it really as simple as that? I hate to pay it but maintenance fees if almost 1,000 will be due in January, so we are thinking we should. I’m just nervous it will really be that simple?

Tocchet22

Reaction score
Westgate Vacation Villas Owner from Canada. I can understand why US resident would need to sell/buy out to eliminate this liability and potential for bad credit. How would this affect us? Any other Canadians simply drop this in order to get out??

Urked

Reaction score
I received this message back from the Legacy group.."Can you please submit all correspondence, contract or payments you had with the resale company". I do have my timeshare listed at SMTN, are they asking me to provide my contract with them. I do not believe I have one.

taprgrl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am just starting this process now. Keeping my fingers crossed. How long does the process usually take?

Hi Donna 86 - so did you complete the deedback process? I'm at the beginning of it - and they wanted to charge me $1600. Seems pretty high for a unit that is paid off and fees paid for next year. PLease help! or let me know more about your experience. thank you.

Cutz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
It is Feb of '23 and when I called they said we 'd need to pay HOA for 2023 AND IF they want to relinquish we'd have to pay $2,500 to do it. Ridiculous. They will only let you transfer it to relatives who would then be responsible for the HOA fees. I don't see how they can limit that. The terms of the agreement say we CAN sell or transfer...and does not say to whom.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
believe they meant they would be happy to let you TRANSFER the ownership to a direct relative for free (or a very reduced amount). many timeshares offer this as it results in the seamless transition of paying ownership/maint fees.

you can sell/give it away it to anyone you like, but closing costs come into play there.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LV Tower 52
Westgate Vacation Villas Owner from Canada. I can understand why US resident would need to sell/buy out to eliminate this liability and potential for bad credit. How would this affect us? Any other Canadians simply drop this in order to get out??
Did you ever resolve this?

sjc07

Reaction score
Just wanted to add a recent quote to this thread for reference. I called the Legacy number today to ask about my timeshare (1 bedroom, even years, completely paid off), and they said it would be $3000 to do the voluntary deed back to Westgate. :cautious:

2010Chloe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Smokey Mountain
I recently inquired w/ Wesley Financial Group to exit my timeshare. They want $6995 and they have no lawyers and you do everything yourself based off of their templates. After speaking w/ them I called the Legacy phone number and was told I have to pay $2500 and they'd mail me the quit claim deed (my mortgage is paid in full and I have no outstanding fees - these are the qualification criteria). I called them a couple of times. The first lady was nice, and the other guy I got twice wasn't as nice. I asked my clarifying questions about what is my $2500 paying for since there's no record of what I'm buying w/ that $2500. Is Westgate accepting the $2500 and agreeing that they'll sign the quit claim deed, or am I sending $2500 into the air to be ripped off?

For those of you who have successfully used the Legacy Program to do a quit claim deed for a Westgate property can you please share with me what happens? When they send the quit claim deed have they already signed so that when you sign/notarize it's a complete document that can be filed?

2010Chloe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Smokey Mountain
Hi Donna 86 - so did you complete the deedback process? I'm at the beginning of it - and they wanted to charge me $1600. Seems pretty high for a unit that is paid off and fees paid for next year. PLease help! or let me know more about your experience. thank you.
Good afternoon! Did you end up going through the process?

2010Chloe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Smokey Mountain
I called yesterday and they said they will take mine back for $2,000... is it really as simple as that? I hate to pay it but maintenance fees if almost 1,000 will be due in January, so we are thinking we should. I’m just nervous it will really be that simple?
Good afternoon, did you end up completing the quit claim deed process?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently inquired w/ Wesley Financial Group to exit my timeshare. They want $6995 and they have no lawyers and you do everything yourself based off of their templates. After speaking w/ them I called the Legacy phone number and was told I have to pay $2500 and they'd mail me the quit claim deed (my mortgage is paid in full and I have no outstanding fees - these are the qualification criteria). I called them a couple of times. The first lady was nice, and the other guy I got twice wasn't as nice. I asked my clarifying questions about what is my $2500 paying for since there's no record of what I'm buying w/ that $2500. Is Westgate accepting the $2500 and agreeing that they'll sign the quit claim deed, or am I sending $2500 into the air to be ripped off?

For those of you who have successfully used the Legacy Program to do a quit claim deed for a Westgate property can you please share with me what happens? When they send the quit claim deed have they already signed so that when you sign/notarize it's a complete document that can be filed?

Have you tried to give away your Timeshare Deed on TUG in the Free Timeshare Giveaway thread? Why spend money if you don't have to.......

2010Chloe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Smokey Mountain
Have you tried to give away your Timeshare Deed on TUG in the Free Timeshare Giveaway thread? Why spend money if you don't have to.......

I think I just now found the different threads on TUG. I’m new. I’ll definitely try that. :)

2010Chloe

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Smokey Mountain

Where is this "thread" (Free Timeshare Giveaway)? Is it a forum or a thread, and is it on the TUG BBS or the other TUG I don' have a login for? Thanks in advance.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its a forum on here, titled free timeshares

izmunuti

Reaction score
Regarding the Westgate Legacy program, specifically doing a Deed Back for a fee. My wife called and they agreed to accept a Deed Back for a fee ($3000). I just received the paperwork and it is just a Quit Claim deed. The wording on the QCD only mentions a nominal $10 fee. No mention of the $3K. It's like they left something out of the kit. Needless to say, I don't trust Westgate and sense a trap.

We're going to call them again but, in the meantime, I'm curious about the process from anyone else who's gone through it. Was there no specific paperwork for the fee? Did you just chuck a check in with the QCD and hope for the best? Should it be a certified check or money order?

Thank you so much, anyone who can share details of the process.

-iz