• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate palace

Rreyes110

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate palace
I purchased a floating week at westgate palace in orlando last year and I have not been able to book a week with them or transfer to any other resorts. At this point I'd like to get out of it. I've searched on this forum and havent quite found the info I'm looking for. Any suggestions on this?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
my suggestion is to be clearer with your question.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Rreyes110

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate palace
my suggestion is to be clearer with your question.

What I mean is, I'd like to get rid of it without paying anything more on it and just take the loss of payments made. What options are available to get this done, if any

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I mean is, I'd like to get rid of it without paying anything more on it and just take the loss of payments made. What options are available to get this done, if any

Assuming it's paid off you can sell it, give it away, or maybe even give it back to Wastegate. If it is not fully paid off then I am sorry to say you are stuck with it.

With that said, I would suggest making the very best use of it such as trading it in Interval International, or maybe even renting out your week every year to recoup some of your expenses. I would also suggest that you get it paid off as soon as you can so that you can unload it.

Keep us posted as to what you decided to do, and welcome to TUG.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
my best suggestion is to remember which relative gave you the worst Christmas present last year and gift it to them this year.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I purchased a floating week at westgate palace in orlando last year and I have not been able to book a week with them or transfer to any other resorts. At this point I'd like to get out of it. I've searched on this forum and havent quite found the info I'm looking for. Any suggestions on this?

I would suggest you spend some time learning how Westgate reservations & annual MF payments work .

1 -Westgate is a weeks system and has an ARP of 11 or 12 months *
2) you pay the annual MF in January typically .

3) So-if you pay in January 2020 DO NOT expect to be able to book Presidents Week 2020
because - that week is likely fully booked by owners who booked right after making their payment in Jan 2019 .

4) Westgate has multiple resorts in Orlando / you should be able to book a week , BUT, without planning ahead,
do not expect to get prime vacation weeks. ( Presidents Week , Memorial Day week , 4th of July week etc)

Timeshare intervals do not work like hotel booking sites . If you plan ahead you can get better accommodations, more space ,
a kitchen etc for less than a mid level hotel room . It does take planning .

Good Luck

* ARP is Advanced Reservation Period - ie when the booking reservation window opens .
I am not a Westgate owner / but have read TUG threads that help explain how their reservation system works.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Assuming it's paid off you can sell it, give it away, or maybe even give it back to Wastegate. If it is not fully paid off then I am sorry to say you are stuck with it.
Even if it isn't paid off one can still walk away, default on the mortgage payments and take any credit hit that may come with it.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Even if it isn't paid off one can still walk away, default on the mortgage payments and take any credit hit that may come with it.

If necessary -

Since Rreyes110 also said that :
not being able to book a week was a reason; solving that issue may be the answer .

Example :
newbie person X bought a Tesla and is complaining it doesn’t work ; before I suggest they stop paying for it or sell it , it may be worth suggesting ,
1)they try plugging it in , learn how the charging cycle works .
2) call the dealer to find out more .

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I purchased a floating week at westgate palace in orlando last year and I have not been able to book a week with them ...... Any suggestions

Additional info - when you pay your MF in January 2020

you can bank your week internally with Westgate .
You can then book when the ARP window opens ( which appears to be 11 months )
You can change a reservation for no charge if done before 60 days of check in.
( there is a $100 charge if under 60 days & $200 if under 30 days )

You can also deposit your week into Intervals International .
You would then be able to go outside of Westgate upon paying an exchange fee to II .

Last edited:

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
I agree you should educate yourself on how to best use your time share. If you go on the owners site you can use the tutorial on how to get the best use of what you own. as stated For a floating week you need to plan in advance. While the palace is not the largest Westgate property it has @ 800 units and while event weeks may be a challenge you should have no problem reserving the week you want. We own at the palace and it is our favorite Westgate resort. If you enjoy the theme parks you may want to hang on to your investment. Universal is just shy of a mile from the resort. They are in the process of developing their next big expansion on the other side of the resort, which will put the palace in the center of it all. Completion is estimated to be 2024.
If you still just want out you will need to have it paid off. Not easy to give away. Westgate will take back some properties but must be paid off and as of a few years ago charged @ $1500
Good luck what ever you do.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Sounds like you owe a mortgage. As others have said, you could just default and let it go into foreclosure. That is really your only option if you don’t want to learn how best to maximize your ownership. Whatever you do, don’t fall for any “exit company” that promises to get you out of your timeshare for a huge upfront fee. Most of their “successes” are likely those timeshares with no mortgage and that have a deed back program, something a timeshare owner could do on their own for free. While Westgate has a deed back program, your timeshare must be paid off. No exit company is going to be able to make your mortgage and on-going obligation just disappear. Wish you luck.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
If you wouldn't mind, could you give the specifics of your purchase and what/when you want to book?