• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate - SPM resorts

Bushy66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Bluetree
can anyone help me out here.

We have ownership at Westgate Bluetree but our maintenance paperwork says SPM resorts. I was told when I asked to exchange to another Westgate resort that Bluetree isn't owned by Westgate they were just the developers (even though I have a Westgate briefcase).

All very confusing.

Bushy66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Bluetree
Wastegate :thumbup:

My concern is im wanting to deedback. All my paperwork I.E. contracts are headed Westgate but my maintenance is paid to SPM. Who do I own with?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It sounds like you own a Westgate unit at a resort that is now managed by SPM. In many ways similar to those that own Westgate units at Elara in Las Vegas now managed by Hilton. Have you contacted Westgate about doing a Deedback? They may very well tell you they are not accepting deed backs in which case you would need to try to give it away or as a last resort default.

Bushy66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Bluetree
It sounds like you own a Westgate unit at a resort that is now managed by SPM. In many ways similar to those that own Westgate units at Elara in Las Vegas now managed by Hilton. Have you contacted Westgate about doing a Deedback? They may very well tell you they are not accepting deed backs in which case you would need to try to give it away or as a last resort default.
I've not contacted Westgate yet as we are using the TS this year for the first time since purchasing 6 years ago. It's never been available when we've wanted it so we thought we don't want to mess up this holiday (booked 9 months ago to get availability) and we are going to contact them on our return home. I've taken advice from this forum and as we live in the U.K. And don't owe any money on it we are going to offer WG the chance to deedback and if not default on it. Deedback seems to benefit all involved even other owners

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
I've not contacted Westgate yet as we are using the TS this year for the first time since purchasing 6 years ago. It's never been available when we've wanted it so we thought we don't want to mess up this holiday (booked 9 months ago to get availability) and we are going to contact them on our return home. I've taken advice from this forum and as we live in the U.K. And don't owe any money on it we are going to offer WG the chance to deedback and if not default on it. Deedback seems to benefit all involved even other owners
What did Wastegate say when you tried a deedback?

Bushy66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Bluetree
What did Wastegate say when you tried a deedback?

It turns out our unit is under SPM resorts they have taken over the majority of the units on the site. We went to an owners meeting whilst there and we’ve decided to keep it and rent our week on tugbbs2 the years we can’t use it rather than use an exchange company (can’t be doing with there false promises) this way we feel if it works out we will get something for our investment and it also helps other owners that way.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
That's interesting. Now that Wastegate is gone Blue Tree is more attractive from an ownership perspective. Maintenance fees are reasonable, SPM has a planned refurbishment schedule and the resort is somewhat walkable by Orlando standards. Does SPM have an owner rental programme?

Bushy66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate Bluetree
That's interesting. Now that Wastegate is gone Blue Tree is more attractive from an ownership perspective. Maintenance fees are reasonable, SPM has a planned refurbishment schedule and the resort is somewhat walkable by Orlando standards. Does SPM have an owner rental programme?

They suggested renting via tugs2.net we have paid our 2018 maintenance and reserved a recently updated unit for Easter so we have to get our heads around how to advertise it. Currently we are feeling a bit more positive about our ownership especially if we can cover the future maintenance by renting our week rather than banking it with an exchange company.
Being in the UK It’s been difficult for us to get decent info about how to make the most of the ownership but now we’ve eventually used the resort and met the management staff we feel we can contact them directly.
We were feeling totally misled with info from Westgate, Interval International and then the vultures in the UK in the guise of so called solicitors offering to free us from the contract for further fees so as you can imagine with only contact with faceless people via the phone everything looked like a waste of money.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Being in the UK It’s been difficult for us to get decent info about how to make the most of the ownership but now we’ve eventually used the resort and met the management staff we feel we can contact them directly.
Does SPM have a sales agent for Blue Tree?