• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westwinds Myrtle Beach Reviews

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
My wife and I are contemplating a stay at westwinds. we are looking for some thoughts on the resort before we

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are contemplating a stay at westwinds. we are looking for some thoughts on the resort before we

I own at a number of the Myrtle Beach Resorts including Westwinds. It is one of the earlier Fairfield Resorts that are partnered with Wyndham. I like this one the best, it has a large beachfront plus other amenities. If children are part of a group that are going to the beach, Seawatch Plantation would be a better selection. These are 2 bedroom units.

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Westwinds several times recently, it's very nice. All the units have been recently refurbished and almost all are oceanfront. The only downside for us is that there's only one pool and it's indoor/ outdoor with most of it being indoors.
The beach there is very nice and quiet ( for Myrtle Beach )...we like it for that reason. It's a smaller resort, only one building.
We also like Seawatch a lot...great pools, but more crowded...several buildings, a busier area. I agree that children would probably find more to do at Seawatch.
We live not too far from Myrtle and have been to both numerous times and have always enjoyed our stays!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Does anyone know the room number set ups at Westwinds? We've booked a 2br and would like to add a room number request to the reservations.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love it. All units are oceanfront and on the beach. It's our favorite location in Myrtle Beach.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Does anyone know the room number set ups at Westwinds? We've booked a 2br and would like to add a room number request to the reservations.

I don’t think you can add a room number after you’ve booked it, but please let me know if I’m wrong. Otherwise, you would have to rebook. I just did a quick search of one of the Facebook groups and someone posted some photos of their unit at Westwinds that was a two bedroom with a view of the ocean. Room 709.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
All two bedroom corner units on both the North and South sides have sliding doors in the guest bedrooms.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don’t think you can add a room number after you’ve booked it, but please let me know if I’m wrong. Otherwise, you would have to rebook. I just did a quick search of one of the Facebook groups and someone posted some photos of their unit at Westwinds that was a two bedroom with a view of the ocean. Room 709.

Thank you. I was able to make a second reservation and cancel the first. Sad that they won't allow requests after the booking is made.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thank you. I was able to make a second reservation and cancel the first. Sad that they won't allow requests after the booking is made.

The next time that annoying survey box pops up, fill it out and add in your feedback. I 100% agree that would be a good enhancement. I just don’t know what it would take for them to do that. They could just as easily break something trying to implement that change.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
A specific unit request is not guaranteed. Did it cost you to make the change?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A specific unit request is not guaranteed. Did it cost you to make the change?
No, I'm VIPG, so RT's are free. There seems to be lots of availability for the period I was wanting. I do know that requests are not always possible, but, it never hurts to ask.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to call a week prior and reiterate you desire for a specific unit number. It a small resort and the staff bends over backwards to accommodate. At least that's my experience at Westwinds.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true only Wyndham owners are assigned ocean front view villas in the main building and exchangers & renters are assigned to their building across the street from the main building?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Is it true only Wyndham owners are assigned ocean front view villas in the main building and exchangers & renters are assigned to their building across the street from the main building?

At WestWinds, there is no building across the street. You're thinking of Ocean Boulevard, maybe?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Must be Ocean Boulevard, we stayed across the street from the ocean front main building.

Changes of subject for a minute. How about that Washington National Baseball team last night.?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Must be Ocean Boulevard, we stayed across the street from the ocean front main building.

Changes of subject for a minute. How about that Washington National Baseball team last night.?

RCI says on the Ocean Blvd listing that all RCI listings are for building 4 across the street at Ocean Blvd.