• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s your most memorable moment while vacationing?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Playing doubles tennis with the band Rush, although I must admit it was a study abroad, but it felt like a vacation then when I was a college student.

All three members? If so, you got quite a rare feat if Neal was playing.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
All three members? If so, you got quite a rare feat if Neal was playing.

I didn't meet Neal, but he was wind surfing and we saw him at the beach. It was with Alex, and a back up musician. Never met Geddy Lee.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I didn't meet Neal, but he was wind surfing and we saw him at the beach. It was with Alex, and a back up musician. Never met Geddy Lee.

That's still pretty cool - when a band - any band - can hold together for 40 years that tells you something about their dedication to each other. How many bands ended up on the scrap heap after a few years........

Neil (dang it, I always misspell his first name...) Peart has written some books that sounded very interesting that I have wanted to read - he seems like such a fascinating character. He's faced a lot in life - and not all of it good - but if his books are anything like his lyrics......... Worth reading I'm sure.

Have you seen their documentary on the history of the band? That's worth a watch as well.

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, this was in 1985 right when they got super popular in the US so it was very, very cool for a bunch of biology students. It was in Montserrat in the West Indies. They were there to record their next album at Air Studios. We saw Mike Rutherford (Mike and the Mechanics/Genesis) in the airport and Luther Vandross at a club. Paul McCartney was recording also, but we never saw him. We also saw Buster Poindexter sing "hot hot hot" at a beach bar. That song became a moderate hit in the US also. Then of course the island was devastated by a volcanic eruption in the 90s. The sulfur vents and boiling streams should have been a tip off when we were there. We also had a big earthquake when we were on the island.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shortly after we married, I booked a long weekend to Oahu -- my husband's first trip to Hawaii. I had just discovered Priceline. (This was nearly 20 years ago.) We stayed in Waikiki first two nights, but wanted him to see 'real deal' so booked Northshore for last night. Priceline identified unnamed hotel to be located at Turtle Bay -- so figured at $89/night it would be fine. As we were checking in to hotel, my husband was gushing about this being his first visit. The front desk person said... "Well since it is just one night, I will put you in one of the cottages rather than the hotel bulding." It was spectacular . (Perhaps this would be better suited to a topic called "Best Bang for your buck." ) The reason it was more memorable for us -- I was always the talker and negotiator in the family. This time it was the sincere comments from my husband that secured the upgrade.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a good memory. In Barbados, at the pool. Meeting an older German man who told be all about having been in Hitler’s army. “What could I do, I was a teenager “. The hair rose on my arms.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Easy one for me also. On our first trip to Kauai, my son and daughter came with us and we went on the kayak trip to Secret Falls. My wife went right in and and it took me a while. If you’ve been there, you know the water is refreshing. That means COLD.

We had to get going so I dove in and finally made it out to my wife, who was under the waterfall. My daughter was able to get a snapshot of us kissing under Secret Falls. That actually reminds me that we need to get that photo off that SD card and get it on the cloud with our other photos.

Better yet, get it printed, put it in a frame and give it to her for Valentine's Day!

ETA OOOPS!! See someone else suggested this on page 2. Great minds and all that...

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... We saw Mike Rutherford (Mike and the Mechanics/Genesis) in the airport and Luther Vandross at a club [on Montserrat]...

One time, in the 80's, my SIL shared an elevator with Jimmy Buffett at a Miami hotel.
He was totally wasted and and threw up on her shoes. She washed them.