• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Airline Credit Card

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
At some airports when there isn't a lounge, Priority Pass will give you $15/person at a restaurant. Not a bad deal.

I did not know that, thx!
So do you just charge your meal and get Priority Pass to reimburse you. Or have to get pre-authorization from them first?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Be aware that Priority Pass access at an airport lounge is at the discretion of the airline, and if the lounge starts to get crowded the first controls an airline will apply is to Priority Pass. At SeaTac, Alaska has three lounges. It is not uncommon to have at least two of those lounges, if not all three, closed to Priority Pass access.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I did not know that, thx!
So do you just charge your meal and get Priority Pass to reimburse you. Or have to get pre-authorization from them first?
We showed them our Priority Pass when we got our table and they gave us $30 credit toward our bill. We didn't use it all and they asked if we wanted something else to go (which we declined). All we paid was the tip.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Hey Sugarcubesea, if you do decide to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Platinum Delta card, let one of us send you a referral link, so someone can get some referral bonus points or miles :D

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Sugarcubesea, if you do decide to get the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Platinum Delta card, let one of us send you a referral link, so someone can get some referral bonus points or miles :D

A slippery slope of advertising.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I'm pretty loyal to our Capital One Venture Card (no annual fee and 2% cash back/travel eraser) . . . but I do have the Delta AmExp ($95 annual fee) for the limited perks offered on special bonuses.

Beyond that I'm a credit card "churner" getting and later closing accounts for the bonuses for large trips like Europe & Alaska. But churning has become more and more of a challenge with exclusionary language. Some (like the DL AmExp) say you cannot have that card's bonus again if you've ever had it . . . the Barclay's American Airlines card says you are not qualified for the bonus if you have had their card in the past 2 years.

You must really read the fine print.

Brett

Reaction score
I'm pretty loyal to our Capital One Venture Card (no annual fee and 2% cash back/travel eraser) . . . but I do have the Delta AmExp ($95 annual fee) for the limited perks offered on special bonuses.

Beyond that I'm a credit card "churner" getting and later closing accounts for the bonuses for large trips like Europe & Alaska. But churning has become more and more of a challenge with exclusionary language. Some (like the DL AmExp) say you cannot have that card's bonus again if you've ever had it . . . the Barclay's American Airlines card says you are not qualified for the bonus if you have had their card in the past 2 years.

You must really read the fine print.

yes, capital one is very aggressive with it's "cash back" credit cards
disclosure: I use a capital one card

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no harm in getting the new Southwest Priority card, as you get 7500 anniversary points and $75 travel credit in return for the $149 annual fee (plus up to 4 upgraded boardings subject to availability). And more certainty on being able to use your points than legacy airlines.

Answer may also depend which airline(s) you use for personal travel (that you may otherwise pay luggage fees for). And amount of annual spend on travel and total on credit cards.

What would be the best CC to get if you travel for work and mostly use Delta and sometimes use southwest

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
If you are open to "credit card churning" there is a 60K mile bonus being offered with the Barclay RED American Airlines Aviator card. We just got ours this past week. There is no minimum first spend, just must pay the annual fee of $95 plus use the card once to get the bonus. As much as I don't care to have to pay the annual fee in the first year (many credit cards have $0 first year) . . . the perk of 60K miles and no minimum pretty much offset the $95 since we'd be losing $60 in Cap1 rewards for a $3,000 minimum initial 90 day spend.

As always, be sure to read & understand the fine print.

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Do the miles that come with the Delta card count as BIS miles? I'm assuming not, so they won't get you any closer to status. I use AmEx platinum for all of my business travel (except the airfare, which my company pays for directly) - it's an expensive annual fee (my company will only reimburse $55 per year) but I get Delta lounge access, Priority Pass lounge access, Centurion lounge access, $200 in travel credits on the airline of my choice, and monthly Uber credits - so it seems like it's worth it so far...although as they recently upped the fee I've been reconsidering a bit. (I also have an AAdvantage Mastercard but use it for personal expenses.)

Lovetovacation2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by BIS miles with Delta?

Delta Amex give you Delta sky miles and its Status is Medallion and is a two part qualification based on flight dollars(MQD) and flight miles(MQM). Easy to reach MQD spending but hard to reach the minimum 25,000 MQM qualification on flying a few times a year. With the Delta Amex Platinum, you get a MQD waiver when you charge over $25k in a calendar year plus a 10,000 MQM bonus(plus another 10,000 MQM if you spend a total of $50,000) in the calendar year. So, if you don't fly that much but you can charge $50K in a year, you will reach silver status (at 25,000 MQM) every other year. While it is nice to be a Silver Medallion Flyer, you are low on the upgrade list so the perk is not all that great. Still, the companion ticket on Delta Amex Platinum can be valued well above the $200 in travel credit (especially during holiday and peak travel times). You do give up free lounge access for a $29 fee though, and no uber credit.

You can upgrade to the Delta Amex Reserve card at $495 annual fee which will give you a first class companion ticket plus the free lounge access. However, the spending levels changes to 15,000 Bonus MQM for $30K (Plus another 15,000 MQM for spending $60K annually). If you primarily fly on Delta and can spend $60K annually, this would be a good option to check into if you can reach the Gold Medallion Status at 50K MQM's.