• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What does a Wyndham resale buyer not get compared to buying from a developer?

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
(Besides a truckload of debt.)

I think I've seen Plus Partners listed as something that doesn't transfer from an original buyer (buying from developer) to a resale buyer, but what is PP, and is that true?

Are there other benefits you don't receive when purchasing/receiving free on resale market? Happy to be pointed to any up-to-date threads on the topic! :)
Thx!

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Club pass and VIP benefits.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Club Pass is the ability to book Worldmark resorts. Plus Partners is an expanded range of non-Wyndham-resort things you can use your points for at a pretty poor exchange rate, and I think it’s the umbrella under which access to RCI Points inventory and nightly stays falls. All side things that resale-only owners don’t have access to.

Melder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert
I think it’s the umbrella under which access to RCI Points inventory and nightly stays falls. All side things that resale-only owners don’t have access to.

Resale shouldn't have access to RCI Nightly Stays? I was able to book two RCI nights last year.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have forgotten the most important things that resale buyers don't get as compared to a Developer purchaser.

A huge price and a possible loan with usury interest rates.

Joe

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resale shouldn't have access to RCI Nightly Stays? I was able to book two RCI nights last year.

Exchange nights? Interesting. If it were me I'd avoid talking to Wyndham about anything relating to RCI because it appears you may have gotten a little extra access!

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Pass is the ability to book Worldmark resorts. Plus Partners is an expanded range of non-Wyndham-resort things you can use your points for at a pretty poor exchange rate, and I think it’s the umbrella under which access to RCI Points inventory and nightly stays falls. All side things that resale-only owners don’t have access to.
Thanks, Paxsarah! That makes sense. Would a resale purchaser have access to any RCI inventory then? Like RCI weeks inventory, if the RCI contract was part of the deal? (And a corollary: can RCI be purchased by me if I purchase a Wyn contract that doesn't come with RCI?)

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have forgotten the most important things that resale buyers don't get as compared to a Developer purchaser.

A huge price and a possible loan with usury interest rates.

Joe
lol, right?

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)

Question,

I have a retail point contract with Clearwater. I'm in the processes of a resale contract with Ocean Blvd at MB. When my resale process completes will I be able to use my resale points at Ocean Blvd to book World Mark resorts?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question,

I have a retail point contract with Clearwater. I'm in the processes of a resale contract with Ocean Blvd at MB. When my resale process completes will I be able to use my resale points at Ocean Blvd to book World Mark resorts?

No. resale owners cannot book Worldmark resorts directly. (You can exchange thru RCI into WorldMark though.)

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Paxsarah! That makes sense. Would a resale purchaser have access to any RCI inventory then? Like RCI weeks inventory, if the RCI contract was part of the deal? (And a corollary: can RCI be purchased by me if I purchase a Wyn contract that doesn't come with RCI?)

We do have access to RCI Weeks inventory, and the cash vacations. And all new points owners receive an RCI account included in the program fee we all pay.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If you want WorldMark points, buy them on eBay from one of the many resellers there. There are lots of contracts available. Buy resale Wyndham points, buy resale WorldMark, and buy resale RCI Points. You would save a bundle, if you bought all of those instead of buying retail.

You always have access to RCI weeks, no matter what you buy because RCI is willing to take $249 (or whatever it is) for an exchange. RCI points is good, and I recommend it over weeks because you see all inventory. BUT, sometimes RCI weeks has an advantage. I can think of one very obvious one for me. We love Val Chatelle, we own there, and it's just an ordinary place, but our kids and grandkids all ski, along with our other family. I can book a prime ski week for about 24 points in weeks. In RCI Points, it's now 62,500 points for that. My weeks' cost is $480 + exchange fee. My Points cost is $625 + exchange fee. Way cheaper for me, so there are times when owning both just makes sense.

WorldMark is something I don't use as much, but I should. I just have so many deposits in II to use. That is creating more stress for me than necessary. I should just write some of my deposits off at this point.

Swans5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can book a prime ski week for about 24 points in weeks. In RCI Points, it's now 62,500 points for that. My weeks' cost is $480 + exchange fee. My Points cost is $625 + exchange fee. Way cheaper for me, so there are times when owning both just makes sense.
Eeeeenteresting! I wouldn't have guessed that. So is the weeks inventory measured in/by TPU?