• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is a Club Inventory Activation Fee from WBKL Vacation Owners Assoc.

tdietvorst

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a bill for $754.00 for "Club Inventory Activation Fee" from WBKL Vacation Owners Association, Inc. ??? It has my contract number on it. Thanks, Tom

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Basically its a transfer fee that you have to pay when you buy into HGVC. Did you recently purchase?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be the one-time Activation Fee for "enrolling" your week(s) into HGVC. The amount is consistent with two affiliate-resort weeks being enrolled.

But you own at Kings Land. Do you own two weeks you bought direct from HGV or was it resale?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Welcome to HGVC, we have another fee for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

David M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Bay Club
HGVC Kings' Land
One nasty "gotcha" is if your deed is a combination of an even and odd year (to make annual). You pay to enroll both.

tdietvorst

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Recently sold Trump International Las Vegas and bought Kings Land.

Thanks to tschwa2 and Seagilla
Basically its a transfer fee that you have to pay when you buy into HGVC. Did you recently purchase?

Yes. I sold Trump International Las Vegas and bought Kings Land. Thanks for the help.

tdietvorst

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be the one-time Activation Fee for "enrolling" your week(s) into HGVC. The amount is consistent with two affiliate-resort weeks being enrolled.

But you own at Kings Land. Do you own two weeks you bought direct from HGV or was it resale?

As above, I sold Trump International and bought into Kings Land. And yes it was two-weeks worth of purchase. I had to buy from HGVC because, in my humble opinion, no one but a fool would purchase Trump International - one for obvious reasons; the other because of the high maintenance fees relative to points. Which begs the question of who was the fool that made the original purchase. Yup it was me. My only weak excuses are that it was several years ago and I have learned a lot since. Sometimes tuition for life's lessons can be quite expensive. (-:)

tdietvorst

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to HGVC, we have another fee for you.

Yes indeed!!! I have been in that phase of HGVC ownership for a number of years. I will start my confession with the stock phrase - "I discovered TUG long after I had made the decision to purchase..." "I believe that for a number of years I was under the influence of extra-terrestrial demonic powers...(-:)" Seriously now, joining TUG and realizing I am not alone has been somewhat of a salve for my battered self-esteem. Love and thanks to all the Tuggers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes indeed!!! I have been in that phase of HGVC ownership for a number of years. I will start my confession with the stock phrase - "I discovered TUG long after I had made the decision to purchase..." "I believe that for a number of years I was under the influence of extra-terrestrial demonic powers...(-:)" Seriously now, joining TUG and realizing I am not alone has been somewhat of a salve for my battered self-esteem. Love and thanks to all the Tuggers.

Most of us started with a retail purchase so you arent alone. I bought first in 2001 and made only home resort bookings paying no fees other than annual club dues, $99 I think. It wasn’t until 2010 that I started reading TUG and learning how to really leverage points. I finally sold my developer purchases in 2015 for a resale with low point to mant fee ratio, I didn’t consider that until I learned about it here.

You probably did the right thing trading in Trump, hopefully got some bonus points to offset the sting of another developer purchase. I bought twice too, adding Kingsland when it was pre-construction so they threw in a boatload of bonus points.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I havent enrolled in over a decade. But back then, HGVC would charge $250 for an eoy and $500 for an annual. It was explained to me that an annual was comprised of an even and odd week. So if you had an annual and wanted to enroll it ,it will cost twice as much as an eoy since you enrolling both weeks.

So HGVC enrollment fees are the same for an annual or eoy now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I havent enrolled in over a decade. But back then, HGVC would charge $250 for an eoy and $500 for an annual. It was explained to me that an annual was comprised of an even and odd week. So if you had an annual and wanted to enroll it ,it will cost twice as much as an eoy since you enrolling both weeks.

So HGVC enrollment fees are the same for an annual or eoy now?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Those were the Bay Club prices when I owned there also, its different for the HGV properties.

WahooWah

Reaction score

Does this mean that a single week Activation fee if purchasing through the developer is $377? If someone were to purchase a week at the Grand Islander, would there be a $377 fee for Club Activation? If so, why would this fee be a different amount from the $609 fee that is charged to someone buying resale?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If buying resale at a HGVC resort, you pay an ownership change fee + activation fee.

If buying at an affiliate w-optional membership, you pay a voluntary activation fee.*
Ownership change fees depends on the resort. That is outside HGVC's purview.
*The voluntary activation fee is different from activation fees at HGVC resorts.

I bought resale at SeaWorld and paid the change fee, activation fee & club dues.
Later, I bought an affiliate. I paid -0- to change ownership, so only the voluntary fee.