• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Rectify

After the comments here I just went to watch it.....and we have already seen it......:rolleyes:Why cant they call shows by what they are......The guy who lost his memory...or the Professor who manipulates the truth?????? Then I could remember them. Honestly, sometimes I need to write down my name so I can remember who I am:D

Forgetting the names of shows I really enjoyed is a small price to pay to have so many good ones to choose from:cheer:

Thank you Netflix for bringing back character, theme developed programming vs computer generated action flicks........I am in heaven with the TV programming and hopefully this will echo the golden years of idea driven television that was overshadowed by braindead money making shallow written Hollywood movies......go ahead....ask me how I feel

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really liked "the killing too". Let's keep this thread going. Would love to know some good movies too:)!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
House of Cards

I don't watch much TV (including streaming content), but nonetheless like House of Cards on Netflix. I'd like to believe that no real life politician could ever possibly be as conniving, deceitful and manipulative as the Francis Underwood character played in the series by Kevin Spacey.

On the other hand, didn't (real-life) former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, "Diddler Dennis" Hastert, just report to (real life) prison today? :ponder:

It's a scary thing, but we have a friend who served as an aide to an important and long-serving senator who said the series is all too close to reality. And that's about all he/she could say or... :)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
d

have to look into bloodline since it gets so many good reviews here.

I saw a "meh" review in the LA Times when the first season of Bloodline came out so I didn't bother to watch it since our Netflix subscription was only 6 months old at the time and I had plenty of other things to catch up on. Then this year's review was fabulous so I figured I'd give last season a try and was hooked almost immediately. Was ready to kill the "bad brother" myself by episode 10 or so. Really a good show and looking forward to moving into the second season after I do some more Nurse Jackie and get this season's "Orange" behind me.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its funny you asked that...i mentioned it to the wife tonight (bloodline) and she got a guilty look on her face and informed me shes already 5 or 6 episodes into it.

*sigh

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are many of my favorite series binges, more or less in order:

Dexter
Sopranos
The Americans
Person of Interest
Six Feet Under
Homeland
Mad Men
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
Man in the High Castle
Lilyhammer
Orphan Black
Orange is the New Black
Under the Dome

...and cued up next:

Bloodline
The Wire
Game of Thrones

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I really liked The Man in The High Castle on Amazon Prime. I hope they come out with the next series/sequel soon.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In order of favorite at the top:

Call the Midwife (Netflix) - love love love
House of Cards (Netflix)
Last Tango in Halifax (Netflix)
Prime Suspect - Helen Mirren (Amazon Prime)

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
On the subject of bingeing, but not Netflix or Amazon, I am watching Jennifer Lopez in the police drama Shades of Blue on my cable company's free On Demand channel. Not sure if this was a short run that will wrap up and end when I get to the last episode, or if this is an ungoing series that will be back next year. I couldn't tell you the name of one J-Lo song, but she sure is a terrific actress.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
One more I don't think anybody has mentioned yet, BBS import Luther. No, not about the reformation but about a London detective named John Luther, played by Idris Alba (Stringer Bell on The Wire) with strong support from Alice Morgan (The Affair’s Ruth Wilson).

It streams on Netflix. Amazon has it too but I don't think it's currently on the Prime free viewing list.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Netflix:

Bloodline
River
Foyle's War
Midsomer Murders

All amazing! Don't miss these.

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
The Walking Dead - never imagined in a million years we would like this but we are addicted !
Oranges is the New Black
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy - watching now and loving it.

Corinne1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't see it on the list so far and not sure if it's on Netflex yet, but Ray Donovan is a great show. Season 4 (?) starts tonight on SHO, and for anyone that liked Sopranos, they would like this as well.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a scary thing, but we have a friend who served as an aide to an important and long-serving senator who said the series is all too close to reality. And that's about all he/she could say or... :)

Ya years back attended a wedding and old friend who wrote speechs for a current senator said nearly all deals done at coctail parties etc in DC not during working hours.

Like Frankie and Grace on Netflix

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BBC Series - The Bletchley Circle

We enjoyed the BBC Series "The Bletchley Circle" on Netflix. You might like it if you enjoyed the movie "The Imitation Game" about Alan Turing and the Enigma machine he developed to break Nazi codes during WWII in Bletchley Park.

"The Bletchley Circle is a television mystery drama miniseries, set in 1952–53, about four women who used to work as codebreakers at Bletchley Park. Dissatisfied with the officials' failure to investigate complex crimes, the women join to investigate for themselves."

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved watching House of Cards, Suits and The Fall. can't wait for the new seasons to be offered.

Dori

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
On the subject of bingeing, but not Netflix or Amazon, I am watching Jennifer Lopez in the police drama Shades of Blue on my cable company's free On Demand channel. Not sure if this was a short run that will wrap up and end when I get to the last episode, or if this is an ungoing series that will be back next year. I couldn't tell you the name of one J-Lo song, but she sure is a terrific actress.

This show is back for a second season. Be sure to record and watch it. Jennifer Lopez is a great actor.

The Americans is an excellent series. We have been binge-watching it over the last 10 days or so. Very entertaining and complex. It's not watched all that much, apparently, because there are only about 5K reviews of the last season. Season 5 starts tomorrow on Fox.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Americans is on FX, not Fox. Thanks for the heads up -- I've been seeing the "coming in March" ads, but never a date. I picked up Shades of Blue late last season as a binge watch and really enjoyed it. Will binge again this season rather than trying to keep up weekly. Haven't seen any of the new 24 yet, thought I'd again wait until there are several episodes to watch at once.

I just revisited this thread on Friday because I'd run out of Netflix dramas (Still getting through the 30 min shows Weeds and Californication). So I started Lilyhammer (terrific) and Wentworth (pretty much Orange is the New Black set in Australia).

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We're currently watching The Crown series about Queen Elizabeth early days, cause we missed it on PBS.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just finished watching these on Netflix, both great (especially Luther!!!!!)
Luther
Broadchurch

Best of Netflix:
Bloodline
River
Midsomer Murders
Foyle's War

Last edited:

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hands down, Arrested Development. I know it isn't an original, but it came and went so fast that no one ever caught on.

I watched Breaking Bad, and it was great, but I had to stop watching several times because I didn't like any of the characters. The only one I liked was Hank. Regardless, that show is a masterpiece.

And as much as BB is a masterpiece, Better Call Saul is even better. I can't wait for season 3.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Foyle's War, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Also liked Doc Martin, can't wait for next season to be on Netflix.
The rest would be repeating the most popular suggestions.