TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by dixie, Jun 23, 2016.

1. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Just finished Bosch Season 4. Great as ever but adding the Hong Kong story was not really necessary.

I also really enjoyed reading and rereading Nero Wolfe novels as well as listening to the radio series.

Cheers

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. sweetbutter

sweetbutter Guest

Resorts Owned:
    none
    Black Mirror
    Stranger Things

3. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    Lately I've been binging on Suits on Amazon Prime. I think I watched one or two episodes a few years ago but didn't get into it. This time I started at the beginning -- it makes all the difference and I'm hooked. Seasons 1-6 are free on Prime.

Season 7 ran on USA from September 2017 to April 2018 and is still $2.99/episode or $19.99/season on Amazon. It typically takes a year to move into Prime due to licensing agreements with the producers.

Meanwhile, you can stream Season 7 for free on USA Network's own website, the USA app on IOS, Android, Roku, etc. with your cable/satellite subscription credentials, or you might have it available on demand depending on your cable/satellite source. Either of these options will likely include unskippable commercials.

USA has ordered an 8th season, but it will be without Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross) and, obviously, Meghan Markle (Rachel Zane) whose royal wedding to England's Prince Harry is today.

Suits cast on NBC Today talks about the show and Meghan Markle's wedding to Prince Harry (contains spoilers re season 7 and beyond): http://www.usanetwork.com/suits/episodes

Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 5:23 PM
  4. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

So I was up all last night watching the Royal wedding, and then slept from 6am until almost two. Even though in theory I got plenty of sleep, I pretty much felt like a zombie all day and never got out of my pjs. Puttered about and figured I then would watch an hour of Netflix. All done with everything I've been watching, so checked some of the emails Netflix has been sending me about new shows before starting Season 2 of The Crown. The description of the show Requiem sounded interesting, and I was hooked in the first 20 minutes. If you like modern day British ghost/mystery/psychological thrillers I'd highly recommend this show. I'm into episode four of six by now and the only fault I find is that they are calling this season 1 which means they won't wrap it up at the end of episode six. It is excellent!

5. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    Just finished Lost in Space yesterday. I really enjoyed it and hope they continue the series.

This was the first series I have watched on Netflix, I usually use my Netflix for BBC documentaries, love David Attenborough's voice. Helps me sleep!

I will have to check out a few other suggestions. We watched the first 7 seasons of the Walking Dead, but I couldn't take it anymore. We only lasted 4 episodes of Better Call Saul we thought it was terrible, and gave up. Liked Season 1 of Into the Badlands but since we stopped watching The Walking Dead we never started season 2, it's now on Netflix so maybe I will catch up.

6. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    It's been recommended on this thread previously, but for Netflix users, check out Longmire.

spirits, rapmarks and TUGBrian like this.
  7. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

Has anyone recommended Glow? It's great! We're really looking forward to season two.