TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the difference with the Morritt’s?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by TravelTime, Oct 4, 2018.

1. TravelTime

TravelTime TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    All over the place
    I see many different categories of Grand Cayman Morritt’s clubs on II. There is the Tortuga, the Grand and the Londoner. I think I read that the Grand and the Londoner are more upscale and directly face the ocean. Does anyone know the main differences between these? Is the Londener very different than the Grand in terms of quality and views?

2. dmbrand

dmbrand Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Harbor Ridge
    2 units
    Others that own here will probably have more info than I have, but we exchanged into the Grand two years ago, and will be staying at the Londoner in Feb 2019. Both the Grand and Londoner are newer built and face the ocean. Unit configuration seems to be different. Our two bed in the Grand had a queen in the second bedroom; the unit in the Londoner has two twins in the second bedroom. We walked into the Morritts Tortuga complex, and I found that the pool area was designed to be family friendly. If we were bringing small children, I wouldn’t mind those buildings, even though there isn’t an ocean view.

3. shorts

shorts TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Points
    Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
    If you want guaranteed ocean front unit and views, you need to exchange into either the Grand or Londoner. Londoner is the newest building and has only 2 and 3 bedroom units. The Grand, however, is currently going thru renovations so many units are very nicely updated. These are 1 and 2 bedroom units. The 2 Grand buildings have the infinity pool between them with a pool bar and many resort activities held there.

The Tortuga Club consists of several poolside buildings and two oceanfront buildings but exchanges are most often placed in poolside. There are two more pools among poolside buildings - one with another pool bar and also has resort activities. Many of the poolside units have been updated and are also very nice.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4. hefleycatz

hefleycatz TUG Member

This will be a first time to Grand Cayman (hopefully) I see inventory in Tortuga, but see nothing with Grand or the Londoner. Trying for 2 rooms for next June. Should I wait it out and see if any inventory becomes available or should I try exchanging to another resort? We really want beach/ocean view. Thoughts on staying on the East side vs. West side? I understand that the East side is the more quiet/secluded side, which is fine with us. We will have at least 1 rental car, maybe 2 so we can explore. Thanks,

Lee

5. dmbrand

dmbrand Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Harbor Ridge
    2 units
    The bulk deposit for 2019 units was released to Interval in January, 2018. Not sure if RCI also deposits units. I think you may have a reasonable chance at a unit in the Grand or Londoner if you put in a request; June isn’t a peak time. Will you be satisfied if one unit is ocean view, but the other unit is in the older section? The occupants could join you in the ocean view unit for meals and socializing. If so, I think you could scoop up an older unit in the Getaways, I see them listed there frequently.

6. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    We traded into the Grand building in a 1BR a couple years ago and loved the view. Direct ocean front view. I would definitely prefer that or the Londoner over the Tortuga buildings. However, if that’s all you can get and you want to go there, those buildings would work.

The other side of the island is definitely more developed. We drove over there to shop in town and visit some of the resorts, and enjoyed the experience. We enjoyed staying on the quiet side but would have been ok on the other side too.

For activities we enjoyed the cruise to Sting Ray City as well as the Atlantis Submarine. My DW doesn’t snorkel, so the submarine gave her a chance to see things underwater.

Good luck with your search.

Best regards.

Mike

7. shorts

shorts TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Points
    Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
    As another poster said the bulk deposits have already been made so even if you decide on the Tortuga Club you can still spend time on the beach during the day or at the infinity pool that is ocean front as the entire resort is on the ocean.

Personally, I would not want to stay on the west side just because we don’t like crowds and with cruise ships in port almost every day it gets really crowded on that side of the island. There is the Wyndham Reef Resort right next door to Morritts that has all ocean front units, but I think they are mostly RCI. That and they charge a rather high fixed electric bill whereas Morritts is based on your actual usage.

Good luck with your booking. I hope something ocean front shows up for you. But if not, I think you would still have a wonderful vacation at the resort.