TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

What non-HGVC timeshares do you own

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by Arimaas, Jan 24, 2018.

1. PassionForTravel

PassionForTravel TUG Member

In addition to HGVC we own Marriott, Starwood, and Worldmark.

Ian

2. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), Aulani, Worldmark
    Good choices :)

3. Arimaas

Arimaas TUG Member

What's your thoughts on Worldmark? I am looking into Wyndham to supplement HGVC because I am on the East Coast. I hear Wyndham is not doing good things to Worldmark....

4. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), Aulani, Worldmark
    I love my Worldmark, but I have very specific uses for it (like I do for each of my other timeshares). It's a fantastic trading property in both RCI and II, and the property locations are very diverse, with some that I can't access with any of the other systems. Because you can rent credits from others easily, I use Worldmark for family reunions as well, because I can get a bunch of rooms using rented credits.

I don't love Wyndham, and their ever increasing fees. I just paid $100 for a housekeeping fee for a spacebank deposit into II -- it's crazy. But Worldmark gives me a great option to my other timeshares. Because it's probably only a C+/B- in quality (as compared to B+/A- for HGVC) I don't stay there routinely. But it's a great complement to the others.

Best,

Greg

frank808 likes this.
  5. PassionForTravel

PassionForTravel TUG Member

We love Worldmark. It's where we have most of our weeks (actually points) and it was the first timeshare we bought. Worldmark's system has locations you won't find in any other system such as West Yellowstone, Santa Fe, and Estes Park. It's also a great trader. We are in agreement with Greg and aren't big fans of Wyndham in fact, we think the worst thing that happened to Worldmark was when Wyndham purchased the developer/manager (Trendwest). But even with all the changes it's still the most flexible system out there. But we are biased, we are westerns at heart. Before we left on our one year full time trip international trip in September we spent most of our vacation time split between the west and Hawaii. In fact the the reason we purchased HGVC, Marriott, and Starwood, was to exchange into Hawaii.

Ian

GregT likes this.
  6. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Didn't worldmark limit the number of points you could rent per year?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. GregT

Resorts Owned:
    Yes, only 2X your annual ownership but that hasn’t really been a problem yet.

Best,

Greg