• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What to do with my Hyatt EEE points

Mikem95831

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Sedona
Hyatt Residence Club Carmel Highlands
My wife and I are in possession of two weeks, each purchased on the secondary market, and were unable to find a way to use our EEE points. The balance is considerable, with 400 points expiring May 2020 and 1400 in 2021.

Because my wife has a new job, I very seriously doubt we will be able to use these points. I'm asking for advice on how to use them, while offering this advice: Never enter LCUP Hell (we have escaped that tire fire) or EEE Hell.

Thank you in advance for help on this.

We own fixed weeks at Hyatt Sedona and Hyatt Carmel, 1400 and 2000. We've been able to spend time at Incline Village, which is a great place IF you can get a reservation.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Use EEE points to make a studio reservation using 430 points for anywhere for 2 years out before they expire in May 2020. Purchase eplus. You will stretch your use of the week until May 2023 using the eplus. Use 1300 points to make a two bedroom reservation two years out before the rest of your points expire in May 2021. Purchase eplus. That will extend your points until May 2024. This way you only lose 70 points if you allow your EEE points to expire in 2021. Hopefully I am clear....Just watch your time limits on the eplus.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thought....I’m guessing you will have a lot of points you need to use for you weeks in 2020. Start thinking about your internal point reservations you want to make if you haven’t already. Or you will keep running into this situation of having lots of EEE points.

I’m finally at a manageable place with my points although I have two reservations sitting in eplus that I have to manage going forward. One reservation is for February 2020 in Tahoe. Since I’m approaching 60 days I plan to use eplus and extend my use of the week until February 2021. I will search for a 430 point reservation anywhere to hold my week. Then as units become available where I really want to vacation I will use my second eplus trade for it. My other reservation is for 870 points in September 2020. I plan on a similar strategy for that week.

Mikem95831

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Sedona
Hyatt Residence Club Carmel Highlands
Thank you for these ideas. I am unfamiliar with eplus. What is it?

We are down to 105 points, with 3 stays already worked out. One is May 16-23 in Carmel, and I'll be listing that week because of my wife's new job.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for these ideas. I am unfamiliar with eplus. What is it?

We are down to 105 points, with 3 stays already worked out. One is May 16-23 in Carmel, and I'll be listing that week because of my wife's new job.

You purchase eplus for $59 in conjunction with an II trade. Eplus allows you an extra year to do up to three retrades at no additional cost. Some use it to extend our deposits or to make a trade for a unit you may not be able to use and avoid the full fee if you have to retrade. I see it as insurance...

There are many threads on Tug about eplus. A quick search should identify them. Good luck. These are good problems to have.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
retrade? I myself am trying to work within the EEE/Interval parameters too. I did not know about eplus. That is why I love Tug!