• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's your current opinion of the "new" website?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did well in renting some of my prime points and getting my discounts and upgrades all year.
Please educate us. Give us a list of your wonderful journey all year with a Silver membership.
Reservations-points used-discounts-upgrades-rental activities?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I see your back to entertaining yourself!!! Have a nice visit with the mirror!!

I know it falls on deaf ears, but they're not the same person. I'm sure an admin with access to the IP addresses would be able to confirm, but I would't really expect them to. But past posts make them both personally identifiable outside of TUG, as well as providing individual details that don't overlap.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We are not the same person.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I know it falls on deaf ears, but they're not the same person. I'm sure an admin with access to the IP addresses would be able to confirm, but I would't really expect them to. But past posts make them both personally identifiable outside of TUG, as well as providing individual details that don't overlap.
No, we are two different people that most of you ignore because you think we are old and don't know anything about timeshares. When I said I don't have pictures on my website, I meant big pictures like you describe and mine moves quickly. My problem has only been when I try to get on Voyager , it sends me back to my original which has some of what you describe but not nearly as problematic. When I try to register for voyager, it asks if am I in a trust, if yes, give contract number and then it takes me to my website.

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please educate us. Give us a list of your wonderful journey all year with a Silver membership.
Reservations-points used-discounts-upgrades-rental activities?
As a Silver VIP I don't get but 25% discount but I did get it by cancel/rebook. The only one I didnt was one I had rented and wanted to be assured of it, but it paid over two months of my maintenance fees. Wyndham sales have tried every way possible to get my deeds but although they have almost convinced me at times, I still have them in my trust. Points are points and deeds are deeds. But I have both paid for by developer prices and no resales. Would I sell, NO, if you buy, it would be a resale. Will I give it to my grandchildren, NO, they don't want it, will I give it to ovation, NO. WILL I SELL IT TO THE TRUST, maybe if I get a good offer. A new day is coming for Wyndham and this is just the beginning. Over 11,000 members it takes time to weed out true members from eBay members. By the wsy, I charged the renter $3.00 more per day than it cost me. I only rent to friends who want to help to pay my MFs

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I hate that it is nearly impossible find room layouts on the new site.
On a resort's web page, scroll down to the Unit Information and click on Expand All on the right side. Directly under each unit type, you will see a link to its Floor Plan.

.......... or ..........

When trying to make a reservation, and you see the unit types available on the right side of the calendar, click on Unit Details. The pop-up unit description will have a link to View Floor Plan. When done looking at the unit description, click on the large "X" upper right to close the pop-up so you can continue making your reservation.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, we are two different people that most of you ignore because you think we are old and don't know anything about timeshares. When I said I don't have pictures on my website, I meant big pictures like you describe and mine moves quickly. My problem has only been when I try to get on Voyager , it sends me back to my original which has some of what you describe but not nearly as problematic. When I try to register for voyager, it asks if am I in a trust, if yes, give contract number and then it takes me to my website.
You are blessed and know more than any of us because you evidently have access to a top secret Wyndham owner online site that none of us are smart enough to find and access.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what she is describing, it appears what she calls Voyager is the current website and that it just flips her back to the old site.

I tried to replicate what I think she described and could not get the same result.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From what she is describing, it appears what she calls Voyager is the current website and that it just flips her back to the old site.

I tried to replicate what I think she described and could not get the same result.
It not only asks are you in a trust, you also have to know the name of the trust before entering the contract number. Twice I was shut down for a day and again directed to register with Voyager and again placed back to the old site after the correct information was entered.

bsheets326

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm tired of Wyndham telling us that we just have to get used to the site. I spent more than 20 years selling software to major corporations, and I would have been booted out of their offices if I had ever offered such a pathetic product. We all pay a lot of money to Wyndham each year, and there's absolutely no reason that they can't deliver a better product. They didn't have to reinvent the wheel. They could have basically copied any major hotel reservations website. Those sites are all better than the product that Wyndham created. So why is the Wyndham site so bad? It's obvious that they spent the least amount of money possible, and they didn't take the time to listen to their end users.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
On a resort's web page, scroll down to the Unit Information and click on Expand All on the right side. Directly under each unit type, you will see a link to its Floor Plan.

.......... or ..........

When trying to make a reservation, and you see the unit types available on the right side of the calendar, click on Unit Details. The pop-up unit description will have a link to View Floor Plan. When done looking at the unit description, click on the large "X" upper right to close the pop-up so you can continue making your reservation.

Except there are a lot of units at several resorts that don't have the floor plans loaded. Either there is no link (examples: 2BR and 4BR at Emerald Grande, all units at Smugglers' Notch) or the link takes you to a page that says "Floor plan not available" or to a symbol. Some others simply make no sense, like 2BR Lock offs at La Belle Maison. In fact, all the floor plans at LBM are bizarre.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed several times at LBM when it opened .. used to date a travelling nuclear engineer who did multiple work assignments up in Baton Rouge ... like NOLA way better, Hence, LBM was new .. but was basicly several OLD BUILDINGS combined. One of the first LMR units I ever stayed at, was a HIKE from the elevator, down a flight of steps, at the end of a long twisting hallway (was actually a lockoff that I had to myself). I counted the steps going RIGHT after the elevator door to my unit's door .. it might have been more than 150 paces... on those wooden floors. Thumping down the hallways.

Jim .. that may be the reason the lockoff units make no sense. It is several OLD buildings MORPED into a maze of units with different floor elevations, elevators for most units, but orphan units UP or DOWN in a the building to the RIGHT when you get off the elevator.

Anyone staying there BETTER locate the nearest first escapes to your unit ... hear a fire alarm, GET OUT. I bet that those 3 interconnected brick buildings with those OLD wood beams & floors ONLY have 2 minute burn rating ... bring a flashlight and KNOW where the several fire exits are.

PS Spent several winters late '70s skiing in north of Montreal, Canada with NYC firemen. Stayed 5+ seasons in an old wooden lodge (Grey Rocks Inn), then several trips/stays to their Hunter Ski area rental house. And every time, I think of those NYC firemen ... I wonder how many I knew died in the towers. Grey Rocks Inn is long gone too ... closed to business in 2009; burned down in 2014. Every place I stayed with the NYC firemen, they would point out the fire exits and evaluate the burn time.

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Except there are a lot of units at several resorts that don't have the floor plans loaded. Either there is no link (examples: 2BR and 4BR at Emerald Grande, all units at Smugglers' Notch) or the link takes you to a page that says "Floor plan not available" or to a symbol. Some others simply make no sense, like 2BR Lock offs at La Belle Maison. In fact, all the floor plans at LBM are bizarre.

Yes, exactly!! I know how to search for it but Wyndham does not make it available for all units at all resorts. Floor plans can be crucial when traveling with other couples or adult married kids. Especially when the unit description under "beds" will say "varies". I hardly want to stick my son and daughter in law in a room with twin beds!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Jim .. that may be the reason the lockoff units make no sense. It is several OLD buildings MORPED into a maze of units with different floor elevations, elevators for most units, but orphan units UP or DOWN in a the building to the RIGHT when you get off the elevator.

The real reason the LBM lockoff unit floor plans make no sense is that they only show one unit. No lock off door, no second unit to be locked off.

I've only stayed at La Belle Maison once and don't recall the details you cite. LBM's building used to be Franklin Printing plant. I didn't know it was an aggregation of different buildings.

What you are describing sounds more like Quarter House.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Never stayed at Quarter House.

I'll have to pay more attention next time at LBM.

Quarter House is exactly as you describe -- several buildings cobbled together. The floors don't line up so you have to go up or down two or three steps going from one section to another. The walls don't line up so you have little zig zags.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It not only asks are you in a trust, you also have to know the name of the trust before entering the contract number. Twice I was shut down for a day and again directed to register with Voyager and again placed back to the old site after the correct information was entered.
It took a year to get Voyager launched after the trust gave notice. Still not sure where we go from there but at least the evidence is alive and well. My MF look more like the old calculated system with no partiality after program fees are included. 105k. Equals $60/,month. Fair enough. Percentage overall is still about 6.5.it What has not been fair was selling out for pennies on the dollar. We were told that wouldn't last long back in 2007 and it is now happening.

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are blessed and know more than any of us because you evidently have access to a top secret Wyndham owner online site that none of us are smart enough to find and access.
No top secret owner, just wisdom from God trusting my instincts and my trust in Him. I was fortunate to have been outside the office at GSL when this decision came about and warned to hold on to deeds as change was coming. The Bible says by the wisest man, Solomon, a fool is soon parted from his wealth. I felt that way as I spent my inheritance on the timeshares but now I feel relieved.

Last edited:

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
I know how to search for it but Wyndham does not make it available for all units at all resorts.
Right, it seems like they only offer them at the resorts with some consistency of unit floorplans. I'm not sure whether this is new with the new website or if it's always been this way.
Floor plans can be crucial when traveling with other couples or adult married kids. Especially when the unit description under "beds" will say "varies". I hardly want to stick my son and daughter in law in a room with twin beds!
Totally agree. Even when exchanging through RCI, I often look to room descriptions or the resort's website for this info. It makes a big difference to us when we're traveling as a group. I've phoned resorts if the info is not readily available. Frustrating.