• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When will deposits from Manhattan Club start showing up?

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had an ongoing search for Manhattan Club going for a couple years. We actually got a week last year but by the time it came through we had already made other plans. Had I known that MC was converting I probably would have changed our plans but we felt we had a good plan for this year. We were somewhere near the top of the list so the plan was to leave September to December open and between April & June we expected a confirmation.

Now that MC is a points resort, we’re not able to do ongoing searches or see availability online. If the ascribed point values are fair/generous this should translate into more availability in the future. My question though is when?

I was told by a VG that it will be a year before we see MC point deposits. Is this likely?

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
boyblue said:
I've had an ongoing search for Manhattan Club going for a couple years. We actually got a week last year but by the time it came through we had already made other plans. Had I known that MC was converting I probably would have changed our plans but we felt we had a good plan for this year. We were somewhere near the top of the list so the plan was to leave September to December open and between April & June we expected a confirmation.

Now that MC is a points resort, we’re not able to do ongoing searches or see availability online. If the ascribed point values are fair/generous this should translate into more availability in the future. My question though is when?

I was told by a VG that it will be a year before we see MC point deposits. Is this likely?

Not true. I have been able to see every Manhattan Club sighting posted since obtaining my Points account. There have been quite a few in recent weeks...particularly for summer weeks. My experience has been that the weeks have been available on both the Weeks and Points end.

EdB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dani said:
Not true. I have been able to see every Manhattan Club sighting posted since obtaining my Points account. There have been quite a few in recent weeks...particularly for summer weeks. My experience has been that the weeks have been available on both the Weeks and Points end.

Dani, can you place an ongoing request with your Points account?

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
EdB said:
Dani, can you place an ongoing request with your Points account?

Being relatively new to Points, I am not sure...BUT...I believe that I have read that you cannot. Hopefully someone who knows the answer will chime in.

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
You cannot place an ongoing search for a resort that is in points. Ongoing searches can only be done for resorts that are exclusively in weeks. Madge has stated that this is something they hope to include for points in the future.

EdB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
riverside said:
You cannot place an ongoing search for a resort that is in points. Ongoing searches can only be done for resorts that are exclusively in weeks. Madge has stated that this is something they hope to include for points in the future.

Exactly. And despite what some people insist on, this is the single biggest reason why Points owners can't just "loot" the Weeks system. As a Points owner, you can only reserve a week if it is sitting in online inventory. Any Weeks owner who puts in an ongoing request should be able to snag the week before it ever shows up online.

Not to mention the other fact, which is that even if a week does sneak into inventory for a few minutes or even hours, the ONLY way you'll know about it is if you happen to be checking for it at that time or if someone is kind enough to post a Sighting AND you see it before anyone else AND no one else takes the week before you get there.

Some pretty big ifs.

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dani said:

Dani if you come across any more, would you post a note on the sightings board & maybe hit me over the head with an email ;)

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
EdB said:
Exactly. And despite what some people insist on, this is the single biggest reason why Points owners can't just "loot" the Weeks system. As a Points owner, you can only reserve a week if it is sitting in online inventory. Any Weeks owner who puts in an ongoing request should be able to snag the week before it ever shows up online.

Not to mention the other fact, which is that even if a week does sneak into inventory for a few minutes or even hours, the ONLY way you'll know about it is if you happen to be checking for it at that time or if someone is kind enough to post a Sighting AND you see it before anyone else AND no one else takes the week before you get there.

Some pretty big ifs.

Ed,

I think you have your facts mixed up on this topic. I can put an ongoing search for any weeks resort. So, if raiding was valuable to me, I could do it.

You don't need to put an ongoing search in for a points resort because points inventory is first come first served. All inventory becomes available at the 10 month point and then when it's gone, it's gone. The only exceptions are when new owners convert and when people cancel their weeks.

At least this is my understanding of how it works.

SharonD

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do an ongoing search for Weeks with Points...

A few years ago I received a Manhattan Club exchange from my Points account using an ongoing search. So you can definitely put in an ongoing search for Weeks exchanges from your Points account. That was before Manhattan Club became a Points resort, however.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
boyblue said:
Dani if you come across any more, would you post a note on the sightings board & maybe hit me over the head with an email ;)

Will do. FYI...if you see a Manhattan Club space-banking even in weeks, check in Points...like I said, they have been there thus far.

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=BocaBum99]Ed,

I think you have your facts mixed up on this topic. I can put an ongoing search for any weeks resort. So, if raiding was valuable to me, I could do it.

You don't need to put an ongoing search in for a points resort because points inventory is first come first served. All inventory becomes available at the 10 month point and then when it's gone, it's gone. The only exceptions are when new owners convert and when people cancel their weeks.

At least this is my understanding of how it works.[/QUOTECOLOR]

I think that Ed means that once a resort becomes a points resort you can no longer do an ongoing search. Since this resort has now changed to points, members can't do an ongoing search even though the vast majority of weeks are still deposited in the week's system. And we can't grab them until 10 months out, at which time there won't be any left. The only way we could get a week there is to find it online, less than 10 months out and sometimes only by having a guide search for you. It's amost impossible to "raid" the weeks side once a resort changes to points even though 90% of it's members may be deposting into the week's side. I t hink he was just proving a point that "raiding of weeks" is not all some people claim that it is.

Last edited:

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
riverside said:
[ I t hink he was just proving a point that "raiding of weeks" is not all some people claim that it is.

I found this out within a few short days of having my Points account :rolleyes:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
riverside said:
QUOTE=BocaBum99]Ed,

At least this is my understanding of how it works.[/QUOTECOLOR]

I think that Ed means that once a resort becomes a points resort you can no longer do an ongoing search. Since this resort has now changed to points, members can't do an ongoing search even though the vast majority of weeks are still deposited in the week's system. And we can't grab them until 10 months out, at which time there won't be any left. The only way we could get a week there is to find it online, less than 10 months out and sometimes only by having a guide search for you. It's amost impossible to "raid" the weeks side once a resort changes to points even though 90% of it's members may be deposting into the week's side. I t hink he was just proving a point that "raiding of weeks" is not all some people claim that it is.

I see. I totally agree with your point. I just wanted to add that when you get an RCI Points account, you get a free RCI weeks account, too. So, for those weeks you can't see, you can use a spacebanked week in your RCI weeks account to access it if you have sufficient trading power.