• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where does the eBay et al resale properties actually come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
play nice children...keep it on topic or dont post.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a formula price based on the number of points used, but I adjust for the market and for what I think a Dad might be willing to pay. Except for a few high demand or event weeks, I've found that renting "full price" reservations is nearly impossible. "Dad" isn't likely to pay over $3,000 for a week in a 2BR Presidential unit in Clearwater Beach in January. But, I've got one and will list it -- maybe I'm wrong! It will probably be canceled to free up points for a reservation inside the 60 day window.
Sounds like a good strategy. Nothing to lose if it dosent rent. Rebook in the 60 day window and offer a better value with the 50% discount. Many rooms become available still at the 15-18 day mark. Many will let reservations go before they lose points if they have not rented at the 15 day cut off.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm not "re-booking" -- at least not in the classical sense of cancel and re-book. Booking a new reservation is not dependent on my cancellation returning to inventory. I'm cancelling a reservation at one resort and probably booking at a different resort and likely as not, at a different time.

None of it matters for the rest of 2019. I'm out of points and had to buy 6,000 points ($72) to make my last reservation. I have 22,750 points available for 2020.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not "re-booking" -- at least not in the classical sense of cancel and re-book. Booking a new reservation is not dependent on my cancellation returning to inventory. I'm cancelling a reservation at one resort and probably booking at a different resort and likely as not, at a different time.

None of it matters for the rest of 2019. I'm out of points and had to buy 6,000 points ($72) to make my last reservation. I have 22,750 points available for 2020.
Yes understand what your saying. Cancel a reservation you can not rent to book another at the 60 day discount. Sounds like you have found a way to make it work for you.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It's a formula price based on the number of points used, but I adjust for the market and for what I think a Dad might be willing to pay. Except for a few high demand or event weeks, I've found that renting "full price" reservations is nearly impossible. "Dad" isn't likely to pay over $3,000 for a week in a 2BR Presidential unit in Clearwater Beach in January. But, I've got one and will list it -- maybe I'm wrong! It will probably be canceled to free up points for a reservation inside the 60 day window.

What would you define as a “full price” reservation? Reason being I’m going to venture into renting once my resale contract hits my account later this year. Feel free to PM me directly so we don’t fill up this thread with a sideline convo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
What would you define as a “full price” reservation? Reason being I’m going to venture into renting once my resale contract hits my account later this year. Feel free to PM me directly so we don’t fill up this thread with a sideline convo.

No discount, no upgrade. Points as listed in the directory.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So as I understand it, dgalati gets Wyndham TS for free or close to free, uses or deposits Wyndham pts into RCI, then sells the stripped TS to a Wyndham broker?

Yes this is correct. Wyndham was the third party buyer on a few but not all. Wyndham would not take them back ovations because they were not owned for at least 1 year.

Last edited:

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Yes this is correct. Wyndham was the third party buyer on a few but not all. Wyndham would not take them back ovations because they were not owned for at least 1 year.
So, you use the points for your rental business. As I suspected, when you tell people to rent from a VIP, at the end of the chain, you are the person they go to and rent from. Now I get all the 'rent from a VIP' statements, you are advertising your own business.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
So, you use the points for your rental business. As I suspected, when you tell people to rent from a VIP, at the end of the chain, you are the person they go to and rent from. Now I get all the 'rent from a VIP' statements, you are advertising your own business.

While I find the incessant "rent from a VIP" responses as irritating as anyone, I don't believe they are personally VIP and therefore a rental business such as you posit would be consistently undercut by...VIPs.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Wow! Things have gotten soooo complicated.

:cool:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cyrus24 that was a pretty false and misleading post and assumption. How did you get to this conclusion? Please don't post false and misleading information that was never said. Let me make it clear for the "brain dead" on this board. I do not have a rental business, I do not rent my points and I use all my points for my personal use. I do rent from a VIP when its cheaper then using my own points.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I find the incessant "rent from a VIP" responses as irritating as anyone, I don't believe they are personally VIP and therefore a rental business such as you posit would be consistently undercut by...VIPs.
Paxsarah thanks for trying be the voice of reason and you are correct. I am not a VIP but I do rent from VIP members. I also do not rent any of my points and all my points are used by me personally.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Ovations is a rip off to if you think about it. Wyndhams play to help a owner exit and take back for nothing. Is just as big of a ripoff. They will resell to another unsuspecting youg couple at 30k after paying $0 for it. Industry as a whole can be described as a ripoff. Sell something at 30k that is purchased at $0. And some on this board think Ron abused the cracks in system SMH.

So what do you think an Owner who wants out, should do with a contract no one wants? Or maybe a contract they can sell for a couple hundred bucks, only to have that “profit” eaten up by closing costs, transfer fees, or the maintenance fees you pay waiting for the transfer to finish. They give an owner an easy cheap out. They don’t force them to use Ovations. I agree it does allow Wyndham to double dip. They benefit from it as well. It’s called a win win. The customer doesn’t get ripped off and doesn’t have to pay to unload my timeshare. Wyndham gets free inventory to resell. I have a small resale contract that I am giving them. No one would pay $200 in closing and $299 in transfer fees for a 64,000 point contract. I didn’t pay it when I got it. So I would have to pay to get out if it. With Ovations, I don’t pay anything. Works for me.

Yes, Wyndham doesn’t buy anything back, but I never expected then to. Do you expect the developer who built your house, to buy it back when you don’t want it? Of course not. I had no illusions walking into the timeshare game. I knew that I was not going to make my money back by selling or that Wyndham would buy it back. Ovations is better then me paying to get unload a contract.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I do not have a rental business, I do not rent my points and I use all my points for my personal use.
I don't happen to believe you, AND, I'm entitled to my own opinion. Which is all I ever stated, my opinion. Not that my opinion matters to you or anyone else. BTW, nothing wrong with a rental business, I enjoy reading about those who make the system work for them.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I get a kick out of timesharing being compared to anything else . . . cars, houses, etc. . . . . .

:confused:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what do you think an Owner who wants out, should do with a contract no one wants? Or maybe a contract they can sell for a couple hundred bucks, only to have that “profit” eaten up by closing costs, transfer fees, or the maintenance fees you pay waiting for the transfer to finish. They give an owner an easy cheap out. They don’t force them to use Ovations. I agree it does allow Wyndham to double dip. They benefit from it as well. It’s called a win win. The customer doesn’t get ripped off and doesn’t have to pay to unload my timeshare. Wyndham gets free inventory to resell. I have a small resale contract that I am giving them. No one would pay $200 in closing and $299 in transfer fees for a 64,000 point contract. I didn’t pay it when I got it. So I would have to pay to get out if it. With Ovations, I don’t pay anything. Works for me.

Yes, Wyndham doesn’t buy anything back, but I never expected then to. Do you expect the developer who built your house, to buy it back when you don’t want it? Of course not. I had no illusions walking into the timeshare game. I knew that I was not going to make my money back by selling or that Wyndham would buy it back. Ovations is better then me paying to get unload a contract.

Wyndham does buy back through third parties. They dont pay much but its better then $0 through ovations.

Last edited:

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
CE47526F-DF75-4B4A-BFF8-A76B2D7B1435.png
DBDD644E-B879-4971-A376-41DA0372F3BC.png
B39934AA-786B-4AB1-9329-D09003B6DB44.png
911AD707-8EC0-42FF-984E-409889C9D468.png
View attachment 12914 View attachment 12915
Let’s take a closer look at dgalati claims.
dgalati has posted his uncle is a VIP - Funny depending on the uncles ownership his uncle is probably making money on dgalati at $6 per 1k points
My nieces & nephews don’t pay a dime. There’s absolutely no reason for my family to buy contracts as I even give them my login info if they want to look around for themselves & book anything they want

Looks like in the first & second screen shots dgalati is whining he isn’t generating free points as he CLAIMES because screenshot four shows a contract transferred in to his account in December taking care of all the negative points. He used the points alright to take care of all the negatives

dgalati claims all the great deals he’s made for $50 earlier this year but they’re even year contracts so he’s paying 9 months or more of MFs before the use year begins!!! LOL I’d say Sumday & Wyndham have played dgalati like a fiddle oh I forgot I think your uncle has too!! LOL

Cyrus24 that was a pretty false and misleading post and assumption. How did you get to this conclusion? Please don't post false and misleading information that was never said. Let me make it clear for the "brain dead" on this board. I do not have a rental business, I do not rent my points and I use all my points for my personal use. I do rent from a VIP when its cheaper then using my own points.
Dgalati if you want to hear about a great deal, a few months ago on eBay I bought a 750,000+ Canterbury annual contract for under $2.50 per 1k points all in.
Yes I know it was more than $50 all in but I happen to think Wyndham contracts do have value not $0 as you claim

Brian, I think this is on topic & I really don’t think your post was an adult post dad

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Time to close the thread and everybody move on.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wyndham does buy back through third parties. They dont pay much but its better then $0 through ovations.

Which third party? What is the company name? What contracts do they buy back? I doubt they would buy my 64,000 point contract at Ocean Boulevard.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which third party? What is the company name? What contracts do they buy back? I doubt they would buy my 64,000 point contract at Ocean Boulevard.

I sent all info in a private message. I included the info from Wyndhams website also.

Status
Not open for further replies.