• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where is the snow

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Tahoe really hasn't gotten much snow. And the resorts are making snow, but it's not the same. I have a week booked for end of January and thankfully have Eplus. What ski resorts in the West have actually received a lot of snowfall?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
None in California to speak of. Precipitation thus far is at 4% of normal in Northern CA and even less at Mammoth Lakes. All of the storms are getting steered north, so northern OR and WA should be just fine.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
New Mexico is hurting for snow as well. Maybe there is some in Colorado?

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
None in California to speak of. Precipitation thus far is at 4% of normal in Northern CA and even less at Mammoth Lakes. All of the storms are getting steered north, so northern OR and WA should be just fine.

Mt. Bachelor in central Oregon has very little snow; groomers only and many runs not yet open.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We just got back from Yosemite. No snow at all. Luckily we weren't going to ski, but I really wanted to see Yosemite in the snow. It just wasn't meant to be this year.

Such weird weather in the West. Good luck and report back if you find something.

Last edited:

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
For skiing near timeshares try Whistler. There is plenty of snow in Washington and north but the timeshares in WA aren't close to the ski areas.

Sue

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The snow is in New England this year. I know the ski resorts are happy, but the temps are so frigid I am not sure people are staying out on the slopes.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Blame me. I bought a full season pass for the first time this year. At Brighton last year we had a base of over 100" at this point. This year, it's only at 37" and a big chunk of that is manmade.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about Utah, since it generally gets more snow than California. The ski resort websites aren't very helpful either, but when I see that only a quarter of the lifts are open, I get the feeling that there's not much beyond manmade snow.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Come to Michigan we have plenty and I'm willing to share....

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Steamboat has opened essentially all of the mountain but the snow cover is not too deep. Expecting some storms next week.

Cheers

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The snow is in Hilton Head today!! 2-4" expected, with some local areas more. I haven't heard great things about their ski slopes tho. :)

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steamboat has opened essentially all of the mountain but the snow cover is not too deep. Expecting some storms next week.

Cheers
The snowstorm of Christmas Day was a gift that saved many ski vacations.

The family spent yesterday skiing Steamboat. We found good packed powder skiing, with occasional rocks, on the upper sections of Tomahawk and High Noon, but the lower 3/4 of the runs were packed powder all day, and it was beautiful blue sky weather. My son found powder skiing by climbing the catwalk to the northeast of the Morningside lift, then taking the backcountry gate and skiing just outside the area boundaries.

The main section of the mountain and the glades definitely need more snow.

We spent a couple of days skiing the backcountry off of Berthoud Pass. The powder conditions there are excellent.

Hope to be skiing powder conditions at Steamboat Sunday morning, if the weather forecast holds.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Tahoe really hasn't gotten much snow. And the resorts are making snow, but it's not the same. I have a week booked for end of January and thankfully have Eplus. What ski resorts in the West have actually received a lot of snowfall?
Something in the Winter Park, CO area would be a good choice now. There are a number of II resorts in the area, and it might be a little easier to find availability, because it is not a well-known destination. The storms have been tracking to the north, so maybe check Idaho, Montana or Wyoming?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The snow is in Virginia and Pennsylvania. You can have the snow.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Took me forever to get to work this morning due to bad road conditions and the snow is not letting up. They take their time plowing when school closes as if no one else has a job to go to.

Come on over to NY- we have snow!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The snow sure isn't in Idaho. The ski resorts are open, but mostly on man-made snow-cone snow. We got a smattering on Christmas so people got to use their new snow toys, but nothing since. It's a far cry from last winter when 'Snowmageddon' had us up to our necks in the stuff. I don't mind my lack of close personal association with a snow shovel this year, but recognize that the skiers, farmers, fisherfolk and electricity users would like to have enough snow to assure their activities through the seasons.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is 7” of snow in Williamsburg,Virginia this morning.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently it's vacationing with the rain. It's been 4 months since Arizona has seen any rain.....

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 14 inches of snow in VA and it is pack.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I just skied Park City (the Canyons side) There is still a significant amount of terrain that is not open due to lack of snow. However, the runs that are open are great.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I’ve been in Estes Park all week and no snow. But I know there’s snow at ski resorts outside of Denver because my nephew has already gone enough times to get the value of his Epic ski pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saabman

Reaction score

77JC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge x2, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark
Don't give up yet-we've had some decent storms the last few days and more snow expected next week in Tahoe!

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
Skied Winter Park Christmas week. Received 24 " while there which saved the week. A lot was open along with a lot of lifts but no back bowls and no double blacks. The blacks that were open had decent coverage but a lot of pine trees sticking up as the snow was not that deep. i was glad to be leaving at the end of the week as you can imagine the mountain was getting a lot of use. That was 2 weeks ago I would think they have had some more since then.
I sis see that Steamboat had some snowfall since then.