• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where to park to see a Red Sox game at Fenway?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We are going to a baseball game at Fenway in a couple of weeks, during our stay at Brewster Green. We are looking at parking possibilities and cannot believe the prices we see on the website for the ballpark. $75 to be close (I do walk with a cane and have a placard I should bring).

We don't mind public transportation, if someone can give advice, we would really appreciate it. Rick is planning every detail of our trip because we have never been to the area before.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So Rick saw $75 to park a car nearby. That is crazy. Any ideas? In Denver-Boulder, we have Park 'n Ride lots, where you park free and ride the bus to sporting events downtown. Anything like that? I don't know how to check on it.

We are going on 5/2.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Would uber be better?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Drive to a T station, park and ride the subway. I think your best bet would be to drive to Braintree, and take the Red Line into Boston.Do you have tickets for the game ? They are expensive too.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Drive to a T station, park and ride the subway. I think your best bet would be to drive to Braintree, and take the Red Line into Boston.Do you have tickets for the game ? They are expensive too.
We bought our tickets, and they aren't nearly as expensive as the Colorado Rockies' tickets are. We were pleased with the price. We have never been to Boston, so this is something we wanted to do while there.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have often used Spot Hero for Fenway (spothero.com). Usually connects you with a nearby office building or doctor's office. We have paid as little as $20 and as much as $50. More than $50, we take the T. Tonight's game ranges from $25 for a spot .5 mile away at Simmons College to $77 for valet .1 mile away at a nearby motel. If you are staying in the city (I can't recall if you are), definitely Uber or Lyft. Boston after a game can be some ugly driving.

Judi

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do what Silentg said. Park in Braintree, and take the T. Fenway Park is around the corner from the Kenmore station.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do what Silentg said. Park in Braintree, and take the T. Fenway Park is around the corner from the Kenmore station.

Agree; this is what we do! Red line to green line and get off at kenmore. You have no way of getting lost. Just follow the herd of fans from the start and they will get you there!

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We drove to the Braintree station & took transit into see the game after seeing the parking prices. We figure even after the cost of our dinner we were still ahead cost wise over paying for parking.
After the attendant in the transit ticket booth saw DH's fire captain's badge in his wallet while he was getting the fare out he waved both of us through without taking any money. The guy told us all EMS personnel & their spouses ride for free. We took transit for the rest of the week! :)

~Diane

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At a Red Sox game I attended years ago, I woman stood up and yelled:
"Lizards! Ya'all lizards!" - Not sure which team she was referring to.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are going to park in Braintree and take the T. I am kind of excited about a new experience. And Rick will show his fire department ID. If they do give us free transit, great, if not, then it's fine too. I hope there are no riots between the players this game. I saw the Yankees and Red Sox fighting yesterday on the news.

eabishop2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
HGVC Elara, Las Vegas
We are going to park in Braintree and take the T. I am kind of excited about a new experience. And Rick will show his fire department ID. If they do give us free transit, great, if not, then it's fine too. I hope there are no riots between the players this game. I saw the Yankees and Red Sox fighting yesterday on the news.

The chances of a riot at a Red Sox/Royals game are considerably less than at a Red Sox/Yankees game (though admittedly not 0).

Also, be sure to get off at Kenmore, not "Fenway Station". Fenway is also a neighborhood (where Fenway Park is located) in Boston. The Kenmore stop is significantly closer.

Have a blast! I'm jealous. Since I moved away from Boston in the 90's I rarely get to see my beloved Sox, and most of the time that is on the road. I need to schedule a summer trip back to Boston soon!