• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Phuket Resort would you recommend?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
2 couples going for a 40th birthday, which resort do you recommend and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
P
2 couples going for a 40th birthday, which resort do you recommend and why?

Phuket Beach Club for so many reasons, not least because it is actually on the beach set in beautiful tropical gardens sharing all the facilities of the JW Marriott hotel it is co-located with.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
P

Phuket Beach Club for so many reasons, not least because it is actually on the beach set in beautiful tropical gardens sharing all the facilities of the JW Marriott hotel it is co-located with.

That’s what a friend of mine has told us but didn’t want to go on just one opinions! A work in progress anyway as hubby has to be convinced!!!

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just remember that Phuket Beach Club is in much higher demand than Mai Khao Beach Resort, so especially if you are considering going in peak season December to February you may need to book very early.
That’s what a friend of mine has told us but didn’t want to go on just one opinions! A work in progress anyway as hubby has to be convinced!!!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
It would be mid Nov....

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be mid Nov....

We are always there at that time.
It is a little quieter then, although officially high season starts on 1st November.
Good luck, but still book as early as you can to be sure.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
We've been toying with this conundrum for a short while, looking to go to Phuket over Christmas and New Year but there's no availability for an exchange into Phuket Beach Club whereas there is and has been everytime I've looked, getaways for Mai Khao. Whilst almost everyone recommends Phuket Beach Club this has primarily been because the resort is on the beach and the close proximity to the JW Beach Resort whose amenities you can use. However, Mai Khao is certainly not a poor cousin, whilst not directly on the beach (neither is Phuket Beach Club as it's still seperated by a road) it is only a few minutes walkaway whilst the JW resort, who amenities you can also use, is a 7 minute walk away. Mai Khao is also a newer resort and if you can snag a villa with a splash pool (I've yet to find a way to do that with a getaway) then I would suggest that it's a better option than PBC.

I've yet to go to either however I'm certain that neither are going to be a poor choice, it's not like deciding between a Courtyard and a Ritz Carlton, so rather than try and wait for an exchange into PBC we're going to book Mai Khao as getaways.

Flights have been booked, flying to Kuala Lumpur first (managed to bag first class flights to KL cheaper than business class to Bangkok so thought we'd take the opportunity of visitiing KL for a few nights). Looking at the Rennaissance there, it looks great, anyone able to provide any feedback?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been toying with this conundrum for a short while, looking to go to Phuket over Christmas and New Year but there's no availability for an exchange into Phuket Beach Club whereas there is and has been everytime I've looked, getaways for Mai Khao. Whilst almost everyone recommends Phuket Beach Club this has primarily been because the resort is on the beach and the close proximity to the JW Beach Resort whose amenities you can use. However, Mai Khao is certainly not a poor cousin, whilst not directly on the beach (neither is Phuket Beach Club as it's still seperated by a road) it is only a few minutes walkaway whilst the JW resort, who amenities you can also use, is a 7 minute walk away. Mai Khao is also a newer resort and if you can snag a villa with a splash pool (I've yet to find a way to do that with a getaway) then I would suggest that it's a better option than PBC.

I've yet to go to either however I'm certain that neither are going to be a poor choice, it's not like deciding between a Courtyard and a Ritz Carlton, so rather than try and wait for an exchange into PBC we're going to book Mai Khao as getaways.

Flights have been booked, flying to Kuala Lumpur first (managed to bag first class flights to KL cheaper than business class to Bangkok so thought we'd take the opportunity of visitiing KL for a few nights). Looking at the Rennaissance there, it looks great, anyone able to provide any feedback?
I agree that Mai Khao Beach Resort (MKB) is still a good choice, the ground floor plunge pool villas can be a real bonus if you get one and it is only a short walk to the beach.
I should clarify a couple of points though:
Guests at MKB can use the restaurants/bars at the JW/PBC resort, but they can’t use the pools/leisure facilities
Phuket Beach Club (PBC) is directly on the beach, it is not separated by a road, I don’t know where that might have been mentioned?

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I agree that Mai Khao Beach Resort (MKB) is still a good choice, the ground floor plunge pool villas can be a real bonus if you get one and it is only a short walk to the beach.
Guests at MKB can use the restaurants/bars at the JW/PBC resort, but they can’t use the pools/leisure facilities
Phuket Beach Club (PBC) is directly on the beach, it is not separated by a road, I don’t know where that might have been mentioned?

Thanks for the clarification! At the moment I can book PBC with points for when we are thinking but no flights or babysitters booked yet!! Will be onto you for tips if I get booked

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake

Quelle surprise! Another lie by a timeshare salesman. Thanks Barry.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
7C3A5727-7274-4882-BB54-30A613309D17.jpeg
Quelle surprise! Another lie by a timeshare salesman. Thanks Barry.
This photo may just help a little.
Phuket Beach Club (PBC) is an arc of buildings around the JW Marriott which is in the foreground of the photo)
Mai Khao Beach resort (MKB) is the taller white buildings further beyond and back in the photo.
As I say, MKB is not far from the beach just not on it as it is behind the Anantara villas.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
359C2251-4D86-4CB9-90D7-B908E6EBDCD5.png

And this is a Mai Khao resort area map

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
6DE43199-0F9F-4B68-AE8E-E0C665EF0A45.jpeg
And finally, a clearer view of Phuket Beach Club (PBC), as the green roofed buildings forming the arc around the JW Marriott.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Thanks Barry