• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Rooms to Request at Nanea

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a 2BR through Interval at Nanea for May 10-17 and wanted to see which building or unit we should request. Sounds like we need to get one away from the sewer plant across the street. I'm Titanium with Marriott and hope that will help with a room request.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'd request a high floor in Bldg. 1, 4 or 8, however, it's a long shot, because Marriott and Vistana are completely separate timeshare systems, and hotel status does not count at Vistana timeshares.

nanea_map_Lg.png

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got to Nanea on Friday and have a 2BR on the 5th floor of building 4 with a resort view overlooking an inner courtyard which is just fine. I knew we wouldn't get an ocean view with an Interval exchange. The resort is very nice and well located. We go to Marriott Ko Olina on Friday for our second week in Hawaii. Denise, thanks for the advice.

jackball

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
We stayed on the ground floor of building 8, facing away from Nanea. It looked out over a green space and you could see the ocean from the patio. We all thought it was very nice. We had quick access to the beach and pool and never had to wait for an elevator. Our room number was 8103. Photo from patio attached.

Attachments

• Nanea.jpg
    Nanea.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 89

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious how you put in your request. Did you call the resort directly? And when you checked in, did they say "we noted your request, and we have you in bldg 4"?

The reason I ask is whenever I put in a request, the call center says they log it. And when I get to the resort, they say, oh, we don't look at the notes on the reservation. Which is aggravating -- I'd rather they just say they didn't take requests at all. (I should qualify -- this has happened on a multiple occasions at Harborside and in Hawaii; can't say this happens everywhere)

Good to hear that you got your request fulfilled, for a II request no less.

-ryan

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
And when I get to the resort, they say, oh, we don't look at the notes on the reservation.

I know that is not accurate. We've requested, via the online request function, a crib for our grandson and the crib was already in the villa when we arrived.

mdditt2000

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Can you use your Marriott Ambassador?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't know how you would - they are completely separate systems.

Ckhawaii

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean Tower HGVC
Westin Lagunamar plat 2bd 3x
Westin Aventuras
Marriott Bonvoy status won’t help with room requests at Vistana or MVC properties. If you are in resort view, building 1 and 8 high floors are good. I stayed in building 7 overlooking the park on the 6th floor and it was Fantastic!! I also like the units overlooking the koi ponds and plunge pools way in the back by the fitness center....except their can be a unpleasant smell from the sewage treatment plant in the afternoon.

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you use your Marriott Ambassador?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be Ambassador Elite to have access to an Ambassador. And they have no pull with Vistana. Bonvoy benefits do not apply. That includes early checkin/late checkout and upgrades.

We had building 7 on the 5th floor on the ocean side. It was a nice view, but in July the sun was shining on the lanai for the entire afternoon. But great sunset views.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you would - they are completely separate systems.
Oddly, if you rent a villa, not sure if they made a mistake, but we were once upgraded to a 3 br OF room from a lockoff, and got free breakfast, at Nanea, for a 1-2 night stay, pre weekly timeshare stay on exchange. We’ll have to remember to do a room request on weekly stay. Sometimes it works and sometimes no impact.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Oddly, if you rent a villa, not sure if they made a mistake, but we were once upgraded to a 3 br OF room from a lockoff, and got free breakfast, at Nanea, for a 1-2 night stay, pre weekly timeshare stay on exchange. We’ll have to remember to do a room request on weekly stay. Sometimes it works and sometimes no impact.
No lockoffs at Nanea so must have been from a 1BR or a 2BR.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No lockoffs at Nanea so must have been from a 1BR or a 2BR.
You are correct. But we almost got lost in the 3 br OF, it was so big for the 2 of us. Still, for Direct bonvoy rentals they did honor hotel bonvoy status on a timeshare. i know timeshare reservations as owners or exchangers the hotel stays status doesn’t come into play.