• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Williamsburg Resort?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about taking a spring break trip to Williamsburg in late March 2019. We have never been to Williamsburg. Which resort should we try and rent? (Preferably an RCI resort as I have easier access to those than II.) Since it will be March we would strongly prefer a resort with an indoor pool.

Suggestions for things to do as well for 2 adults, a 6 year old and a 1 year old. Likely planning to do Colonial NHP & Busch Gardens, but any other can't miss stuff?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The number #1 ranked resort in Williamsburg,VA is the Marriott Manor Club.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI, resorts
I would look at Wyndham Governor Green, Greenspring Vacation Resort and King Creek

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into Kings Creek this Spring and found it fine. Neat cottages,up to 4plexes scattered around nice grounds. There is an indoor 'aquatic center' and other pools. The 6-year old would get more out of CWB & Jamestown at around 8 y.o., The little one won't care except to be with you. No shortage of things to do.

Jim

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Manor Club is very nice and has an indoor pool. Very spacious units with nice kitchens and bathrooms. I realize it isn't RCI though.

--Jon

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg
There are a lot of nice resorts in Williamsburg and a lot of inventory. March should have a lot of RCI "Last Calls" or sales and I would just wait and choose from the available ones. Wyndham often has availability and my favorite is Governor's Green with Patriot's place my least but it is still nice. Kingsgate use to charge a mandatory activity fee as does the DRI resort.
Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown, America's Historic Triangle Ticket - Colonial Williamsburg, are the biggies there and if you are going to spend more than one day at Colonial Williamsburg, check their site on Cyber Monday where you can get a buy one get one free deal on a yearly pass that is cheaper than a day's pass. They also sell a discounted ticket for CW, Jamestown and Yorktown.
Busch Gardens will probably be closed in March. D.C. is doable but would be a long day with I95 traffic. Fort Monroe, Chesapeake harbor tours, Virginia Air & Space Center at the NASA Langley Research, Nautilus and Battleship Wisconsin in downtown, Mariners’ Museum and Park, and Plantations on the James river are trips nearby, I have enjoyed. There is almost too much to do in one trip.
We always try to eat at Pierce's BBQ, Trellis and one of the Taverns at Colonial Williamsburg when in the area. There are a lot of chain restaurants too.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
March is pretty low demand in Williamsburg, so you should be able to get a great deal on a really nice week.

We own at King's Creek and I like it there. The Cottages are little houses with a 2br/1br split; the 1brs are very small. We also like Powhatan Plantation very much--the grounds are lovely, with a pond that has ducks and swans, and they have activities for the kids, as well as indoor and outdoor pools. The units are fairly basic, but they're spacious and well equipped. You can often rent Powhatan very inexpensively--if you put what you want on the Rentals Wanted board here at TUG (when it gets closer), you will get offers.

If you want to be able to walk to Colonial Williamsburg, you can stay at the Bluegreen Patrick Henry. That's about a five- or ten-minute walk to the nearest CW bus stop. We had a 1br there and it was small and dark, but the location can't be beat!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I will certainly wait and see what is available as a last minute rental or last call through RCI.

Thank you for all the suggestions everyone!

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would check for and consider extra fees for RCI exchanges. I believe the Diamond Resorts charge a substantial extra fee for amenities.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For rental, Wyndham Governor's Green and Wyndham Kingsgate would be my picks.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kingsgate used to charge a fee, about $10 a day, for something. They have (or used to have) a video arcade where the games were free, and I think it might have been for that--but a lot of the games were broken. (We haven't been there in about ten years, so take this with a grain of salt.) Powhatan charges something when you check in, too.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into Kings Creek this Spring and found it fine. Neat cottages,up to 4plexes scattered around nice grounds. There is an indoor 'aquatic center' and other pools. The 6-year old would get more out of CWB & Jamestown at around 8 y.o., The little one won't care except to be with you. No shortage of things to do.

Jim

I would second this, I love having my own building, no noise, houses in essence. While almost certainly not as nice as Manor Club, I'd rather be on my own house given the choice. In off season, often in getaway inventory and extremely cheap. We purchased two weeks here in November(getaways), where we currently are, for almost nothing. We have a 3BR all to ourselves.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased two weeks here in November, where we currently are, for almost nothing.
Cool! We recommend Cochon on Second if you have something to celebrate. (it's a little dear for every day) or, of course, Food for Thought. 4 Stars!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool! We recommend Cochon on Second if you have something to celebrate. (it's a little dear for every day) or, of course, Food for Thought. 4 Stars!

Yes! Cochon on Second is fab! We haven't had good luck at Food for Thought, I'm afraid. There's also an upscale barbecue place that's good--Old City Barbecue.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes! Cochon on Second is fab! We haven't had good luck at Food for Thought, I'm afraid. There's also an upscale barbecue place that's good--Old City Barbecue.
Better eats than Pierce's? 'Course Pierce's can't be described as 'upscale', but it sure is good 'Q.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
3CA8A419-8626-4EF2-BA83-92A788A0E176.jpeg

Here's what it looks like, The Estates of Kings Creek. This is where we are staying for 2 weeks. Very cheap in the fall each year on getaways.