• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whistler Village Centre - Whistler

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a unit, a small studio, on hold for June 30 of 2019. I have never been to this area and thought it might be interesting. Any input on Whistler or this resort would be appreciated. Also wondering a bit about the reputation of Whistler as a party town. Thanks for any help

dogfeet

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I have a unit, a small studio, on hold for June 30 of 2019. I have never been to this area and thought it might be interesting. Any input on Whistler or this resort would be appreciated. Also wondering a bit about the reputation of Whistler as a party town. Thanks for any help

dogfeet
Never been to Whistler in the summer, but it's one of my favorite resorts. You can party if you want (and all you want), but it is very family friendly. Not sure what you are looking for party-wise (to party or avoid partying), but you can have either.

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
I realize that Whistler is predominently known as a ski area, but we have been in the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hiking is great, you can take a gondola up the mountain and even if you are not into hiking can enjoy a short walk with great views.
We are not party people and did not even really notice any of that activity unless we went to bars later in the evening.

https://www.whistler.com/activities/summer/

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
What resort is the reservation for? Some resorts are nice and quiet. Some buildings have nightclubs on the lower level that stay open after midnight.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
June is too early for hiking in the Alpine above Whistler, there will still be tons of SNOW!

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
What resort is the reservation for? Some resorts are nice and quiet. Some buildings have nightclubs on the lower level that stay open after midnight.
The resort is at whiski Jack resort- whistler village centre.

Thanks for your input.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whistler is truly a four season playground. There is always something to do there.

Whistler actually gets more summer visitors than winter. Summer visitors can golf, fish, swim, windsurf, boat, bike, hike on the lower altitude trails, ski on the glacier, etc. There are museums to visit, outdoor music festivals and other cultural activities. It's really a bee hive of activity.

I can't see to place the timeshare that you have on hold. If I recall, I think it is the one that shares space with the Pan Pacific hotel. If that is the one, the location is just metres from Whistler gondola and is in the village, but borders up against the mountain, so that there are no loud restaurants or bars that are adjacent to it. So noise wise at night, you will be fine.

Whistler can be as much of a party town as you want it to be. If you are headed there for the outdoor activities, and are like me, by nighttime, only the hot tub beckons. But for younger folks or those with lots of energy, there are bars and live music venues dotted around the village.

The very condensed nature of the car free village centre creates a lively atmosphere. Restaurants set up patio dining on the terraces and people eating there or waiting to get in have conversations and walking through the crowded village can feel like walking through a party. It can get busy, but then you can always retreat to the quiet of your timeshare. Whistler village is a great place for people watching.

Also, if you've never been to the area at all, as in never been to British Columbia, allow yourself at least three days in Vancouver, and possibly add in a few days for a beautiful ferry ride to Victoria.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The resort is at whiski Jack resort- whistler village centre.

Thanks for your input.
If it's the place I'm thinking of it should be OK. It's not on Village Stroll, so it will be quieter at night. The stores that I can see in the building are more general retail than nightlife oriented.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
There are bike and walking trails all over the place. Also a lake on the opposite side of the main hwy from the village, with lots of trails. We;re going up in a few days for a long weekend, and bringing our bikes with us.