• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why Bologna should be the next place you visit in Italy

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I say baloney to that. LOL! :D j/k

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's only a great place if you like to eat and love great architecture and art. And that's no Bologna!

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if you want to take the train anywhere between northern and southern Italy, you're going to change in Bologna, anyway, so you might as well make a layover out of it and enjoy it! :D

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I’ll be there in September.

Ducati factory. Ferrari factory and MotoGP.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Bologna is one of the things I visit in our fridge.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll be there in September.

Ducati factory. Ferrari factory and MotoGP.
We were just in Bologna for 2 nights in October, the first stop on our three week adventure in Italy. We LOVED it! Walking around town, hanging out at the odd local deli (eat on the street, great antipasta plater and wine) watching life go by.....and using it as a base to visit Modena and Ferrari and Lambourghini - it turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Hubby drove a Ferrari? Check. And the oldest University in Europe - don't miss the Anatomy theater.

Hey Buzglyd, if you haven't booked your tour yet, I can't say enough good things about MotorStars! The tour was fabulous and the lunch? Out of this world. A great introduction to traditional North Italian cuisine (which is nothing like what most Americans have grown up thinking Italian food is!)

On the way out we visited FICO Eataly World, an absolute gem. You can spend and entire day there! I don't think 2 days in Bologna was enough - I'd go back in a heartbeat. (But I said that about every place we visited in Italy......)

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
We were just in Bologna for 2 nights in October, the first stop on our three week adventure in Italy. We LOVED it! Walking around town, hanging out at the odd local deli (eat on the street, great antipasta plater and wine) watching life go by.....and using it as a base to visit Modena and Ferrari and Lambourghini - it turned out to be the highlight of the trip. Hubby drove a Ferrari? Check. And the oldest University in Europe - don't miss the Anatomy theater.

Hey Buzglyd, if you haven't booked your tour yet, I can't say enough good things about MotorStars! The tour was fabulous and the lunch? Out of this world. A great introduction to traditional North Italian cuisine (which is nothing like what most Americans have grown up thinking Italian food is!)

On the way out we visited FICO Eataly World, an absolute gem. You can spend and entire day there! I don't think 2 days in Bologna was enough - I'd go back in a heartbeat. (But I said that about every place we visited in Italy......)

Thank you for the tips. I’ll have four nights in Bologna before heading to Rimini.