• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why I use Platinum

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last month I had a three day partial exchange at my favorite resort in Vegas through Platinum, using one half of a bonus week given me by platinum. This weekend I will do another partial exchange at my favorite resort in Oceanside through platinum using one half of another bonus week. Each of these three day partial exchanges cost me $99.00. I still also have one half week bonus week credit left - I used the other half week credit several months ago. Granted, this works so well for me because Platinum has inventory (through its management arm Tricom) where I want to go, but their great program is growing rapidly. Every time I look at what's available, there seems to be a new resort that they are managing. I hope they are making profits, because I don't want this system to go away! Way to go Platinum!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Is Platinum a trading company like II? I tried to look it up and my work computer only has bing on it and it pulled up rings….LOL

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Is Platinum a trading company like II? I tried to look it up and my work computer only has bing on it and it pulled up rings….LOL

It is an independent exchange company: https://www.platinuminterchange.com/website/index.asp

The independents can be a good value, if they have the resort you are looking for, but in general, they don't have inventory from the top resorts, because Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Disney, etc. are affiliated with RCI and II, and bulk space bank exclusively with those 2 exchange companies.

johnrsrq

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is an independent exchange company: https://www.platinuminterchange.com/website/index.asp

The independents can be a good value, if they have the resort you are looking for, but in general, they don't have inventory from the top resorts, because Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Disney, etc. are affiliated with RCI and II, and bulk space bank exclusively with those 2 exchange companies.

and no mention of Diamond. who has the most places?

second class citizens, huh. :p

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
and no mention of Diamond. who has the most places?

second class citizens, huh. :p

Sorry, but Diamond is not in the same ball park as the hotel affiliated resorts.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked through their a...way list (available deposits) and see some that could actually be useful. For instance, San Antonio can be difficult to exchange into, but they have Eckhert Place available almost every week. They actually have some Hawaii inventory.

Considering there's no membership fee and you don't have to deposit in advance and the exchange fees are reasonable, I can't see any reason not to at least check them.

If you're exchanging into an overbuilt area (Orlando, Vegas, Branson), they have a ton of choices and if one of them is acceptable, you might as well enjoy the low exchange fee.

Plus, I like supporting smaller companies.

Bookmarking their site.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I looked through their a...way list (available deposits) and see some that could actually be useful. For instance, San Antonio can be difficult to exchange into, but they have Eckhert Place available almost every week. They actually have some Hawaii inventory.

Considering there's no membership fee and you don't have to deposit in advance and the exchange fees are reasonable, I can't see any reason not to at least check them.

If you're exchanging into an overbuilt area (Orlando, Vegas, Branson), they have a ton of choices and if one of them is acceptable, you might as well enjoy the low exchange fee.

Plus, I like supporting smaller companies.

Bookmarking their site.

I'm going to check them out thanks

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words, Gophesjo. You are absolutely right. Two of the advantages in using Platinum for your exchanges is the bonus weeks we offer and the partial week reservations you can book at the great resorts that Tricom manages. Tell your friends!
Steve McMains
Reservations Manager
Platinum Interchange

Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Coley!

Thank you for the analysis and support, Mr Cole. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Time Share owners have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting us at Platinum Interchange. We do not require you to deposit a week until we have a week you would like to exchange it for. We offer partial week exchanges at Tricom Management managed resorts. And we have a great team of Vacation Counselors waiting to assist owners and advise them on how to take full advantage of their ownership and adhere to the policies and procedures requirements while doing so. We love helping people plan their vacations!
Steve McMains
Reservations Manager
Platinum Interchange

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We try to encourage others to use the smaller exchange companies. They are so personal, you actually get to know the vacation counselors!!!!!

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We also really enjoy using Platinum. Right now we have two weeks in Kona with them and in Feb will be two weeks in puerto Vallarta, the busiest time there. Oh yes, and a week in Orlando the first week in Feb
We even got the Oregon coast Memorial Day week.

And we're going to Newport Beach CA in April. A great bargain in a waterfront resort in a very pricey area.

We use them for most of our travel.

Last edited:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Wait, what? how does that work exactly?

You sign on to become a member. I have free membership with them. Then you search. Then, you find what you want and then you give them your week in exchange. DAE and Trading Places- same thing. Have used both of them with no issues. It's a blind exchange- thought you do have to exchange for a like unit (# of bdrms or less) or pay an upgrade fee.

If you want to deposit your week ahead of time you can. Many times they will have promotions to give you a SECOND week free for a deposit!

Simple.