• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Why so difficult to book OFC at WKORV?

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a floating OF center unit and a week 51 OF corner unit at WKORV. I realize that there are only 12 OF center vs 24 OFC units. However, for the last two weeks I have tried to book the Center unit for June weeks in 2018 (including exactly at 9 pm PT 366 days before checkin), but can't get anything. When I call, I am told no center units are available from next February to June. However, the webpage (every time I search, including today) does give me the option of swapping my week 51 to get an OFC unit (2 be, 1br, or studio) in June. I am not about to do that bc of relative values.

Can someone think of why this should be? If it is truly just supply and demand, why are OF corner still available? Why are literally no OF center available from February to June?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, experience, and tips.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There are 52 owners for these units. Fall is low season, so I suspect that there is more demand for higher season weeks and the low season weeks usually have availability long past the 12 month mark? You perhaps wouldn't have the same issues if you were trying to book fall OF-center units. Are you logging in at midnight on release day to try to reserve?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per OP, "I have tried to book the Center unit for June weeks in 2018 (including exactly at 9 pm PT 366 days before checkin), but can't get't anything".

This does not seem right...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this problems extends past WKORV. I've experienced the same with HRA.

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 52 owners for these units. Fall is low season, so I suspect that there is more demand for higher season weeks and the low season weeks usually have availability long past the 12 month mark? You perhaps wouldn't have the same issues if you were trying to book fall OF-center units. Are you logging in at midnight on release day to try to reserve?

Yes, exactly at 9PT or midnight ET. I was told not to put in the resort or dates in advance of clicking "enter". That could not have taken 10 seconds as I sat waiting at the hour. Still none available other than corner units.

Last edited:

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I tried at exactly 8 months out for a unit a few years ago and I figured out through trial and error as I had practiced a few days before I really wanted something. If I was actually logged in to my account at 5 minutes before midnight EST, I could not see a unit at midnight because for some reason the computer thought I was still more than one year out. If however, I actually logged in at midnight, I could see the units available 8 months out. This same situation might prove true also at 12 months out. It is worth a try a few days before you actually want to reserve a unit.

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was showing me the date I wanted but that only corner units were available, so that was not the issue. I had my iPhone to watch the time. Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If however, I actually logged in at midnight, I could see the units available 8 months out.

You can log in before midnight, but don't do the search until midnight.

Last edited:

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is exactly what I did Denise. I logged on but did not choose the location or dates until exactly 9 pm. That also does not explain how corner units have been and continue to be available.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi tborr123 - It sounds like you used the best practice. I should have been clearer - I was responding to blondietink and I will clarify.

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise. I had them check now and there are no OF corner units available either at the 8 month mark (and going back to January 1) for me to trade my center unit SOs.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what is the issue with going to the reservation window and selecting the resort before midnight EST? The date can be selected immediately after midnight EST.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
People often search before midnight to see what is available, and that search has to be backed out, before you can do a new search at midnight. So it's better to do your searching, log out and back in, and then wait until exactly midnight to do the "real" search.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't think I experienced this issue when I was looking at Maui availability earier this year. I didn't reserve because I had to borrow StarOptions, but I recall searching prior to midnight and nothing was available but when midnight passed it then showed as available after refreshing my search. Though I could very well be mistaken.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The availability of Staroption reservations is shown by the Villa Finder before the reservation window opens at 8 months - you just can't reserve them.

The availability of Home Resort Reservations don't show until the window actually opens at 12 mos.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The availability of Staroption reservations is shown by the Villa Finder before the reservation window opens at 8 months - you just can't reserve them.

The availability of Home Resort Reservations don't show until the window actually opens at 12 mos.
Thanks for clarifying. I checked it out and today one can't even select 6/26/2018 right now on the calendar. So you can't even search for home resort availability until midnight.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is correct - you cannot see home resort availability until the window actually is open.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think I experienced this issue when I was looking at Maui availability earier this year. I didn't reserve because I had to borrow StarOptions, but I recall searching prior to midnight and nothing was available but when midnight passed it then showed as available after refreshing my search. Though I could very well be mistaken.

Have you experienced receiving the "Are you a robot?" message? It's happened to me a couple of times, and then I'm delayed in seeing what's available for booking. I'm sure that sometimes that's what accounted for a villa "no longer being available" when I go to reserve it. This is often the case when trying to reserve an OFC villa. However, the system is more user-friendly now than it was in Feb. of 2016. CJ

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - I think that is a Vistana gift - it is a PITA. It kicks in when you do multiple searches. To avoid it, don't do multiple searches right before you make a reservation.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - I think that is a Vistana gift - it is a PITA. It kicks in when you do multiple searches. To avoid it, don't do multiple searches right before you make a reservation.
Thanks for the tip, Denise! I'll have to remember that and not be so compulsive about doing the multiple searches! CJ

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes. I have seen that popup, but as Denise indicates, only after multiple successive searches.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually get robot the message on the fourth try. And sometimes the pics are hard to pick.:mad:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
People often search before midnight to see what is available, and that search has to be backed out, before you can do a new search at midnight. So it's better to do your searching, log out and back in, and then wait until exactly midnight to do the "real" search.
In this scenario, is the log out and log back in necessary? The only problem I've seen is the robot pop up window but that comes after more than 3 searches.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - because if you do a search before your "real search," the first search has to be "backed out" before you do a new search. You would not be aware of this - it would just be slower.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried two browsers open at the same time? Say you use Safari for test search and Chrome for real search.