• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will II let you join w/o owning a Timeshare just to access Getaways?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have access to an RCI account (my MIL's) and i am able to search there for last calls and extra vacations. I don't have any close family that own a timeshare that trades through II, but was wondering if I paid the $99 fee and joined II solely to have access to getaway weeks would that be worth it and would that be allowed? I know it says you have to own a week, but you just select from a drop down, so do they really verify your ownership? It lets me get all the way to the page to submit payment.

Secondly are there really getaways that would be worth the $99 annual fee? I get that it won't be prime weeks in prime season, but could I find somewhere to go for Spring Break or for a vacation in Fall that would not be peak times?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can join without owning a timeshare. Some people join up, sell the timeshare but remain able to use membership.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I have access to an RCI account (my MIL's) and i am able to search there for last calls and extra vacations. I don't have any close family that own a timeshare that trades through II, but was wondering if I paid the $99 fee and joined II solely to have access to getaway weeks would that be worth it and would that be allowed? I know it says you have to own a week, but you just select from a drop down, so do they really verify your ownership? It lets me get all the way to the page to submit payment.

Secondly are there really getaways that would be worth the $99 annual fee? I get that it won't be prime weeks in prime season, but could I find somewhere to go for Spring Break or for a vacation in Fall that would not be peak times?
I think that if you bought a single getaway a year that maybe the $99 fee wouldn't "pencil out". But if you may buy more than one perhaps it might be advantageous. On a few of the getaways that I've research and possibly bought, I found the price to be perhaps $100 (or more) a week less expensive than other options. But these were not particularly high demand locations or weeks.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
You have to own an Interval International affiliated timeshare to join Interval and they do check/verify when you first join. After they verify your ownership they list your week/ownership in your II account.

Is your mother-in-law’s timeshare dual affiliated with both RCI and Interval? If so, talk to her and see if she would allow you to pay the membership fee with II.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
II has a website where they rent inventory to the public.
I haven't used it in years since I joined II, but I am sure it's still around.
RCI does the same thing.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to own an Interval International affiliated timeshare to join Interval and they do check/verify when you first join. After they verify your ownership they list your week/ownership in your II account.

Is your mother-in-law’s timeshare dual affiliated with both RCI and Interval? If so, talk to her and see if she would allow you to pay the membership fee with II.

No she only owns Wyndham, so RCI only unfortunately.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
II has a website where they rent inventory to the public.
I haven't used it in years since I joined II, but I am sure it's still around.
RCI does the same thing.

Any ideas how I would find the publicly available website?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Do you have any military/first responder/government or very large corporation/travel industry affiliation?

If so, you may have access to other 'getaway' type sites that might fit your needs.

Here is a link to an article that discusses alternate rental outlets/methods: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/complete-guide-renting-timeshare-properties-cheap/
Here is a site that rents timeshares: https://www.endlessvacationrentals.com/
I'm not sure I would recommend them (not a fan of SMTN), but sellmytimesharenow.com does rent a vast array of timeshares.

That's a few options....

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I went ahead and tried to join II to see what would happen. My membership was approved and charged on Friday afternoon, and I was able to search and view Getaways instantly. I didn't try to buy one yet, but my membership was cancelled on Monday morning when they were unable to verify my ownership. It does say I need to call to request a refund of the $99 charge, so I will have to do that today.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
But a low end WorldMark account. You can rent the points and don't even have to use them thats your choice. And you can join II and normally get getaways but also get great exchanges as well inside of 90 days they're dirt cheap

Tater on my Note8 tapatalk