• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Williamsburg in June

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Virginia Beach is also a do-able day or even evening trip. Just avoid the weekend and rush hour traffic. If your son is off by say 3:30, you could be there by 5 and still enjoy an hour or so at the beach and then grab dinner on the boardwalk and a few rides before heading back to Williamsbug at 8-9pm.

DRIless

Reaction score
I'm sure the OP was referring to the reenactments, etc.

Kurt
Wyndham Patriots' Place has no reenactments, in fact all they have is a pool and a new outdoor fireplace to use their $5 S,mores kits.
I guess you know the OP personally to be so sure ;-)

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Yes, I was referring to reenactments.

We will be there late June.

Thank you all for the suggestions :)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Yes, I was referring to reenactments. <snip>

At some point, it will be useful for your child to learn that the independence of the colonies involved guns and gunfire. Not only useful, inevitable.

Also, there are vegan restaurants in Wmsburg but seafood and BBQ prevail.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
VegasBella

Have you planned your itinerary
for your upcoming late June trip
Hope you have a wonderful time
in the Historic Williamsburg area.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We are in Virginia now. Half way through our trip. We have been blessed with good weather.

Enjoyed a day at Colonial Williamsburg and now we are doing the day camp (the primary reason for our trip). We did the Childrens tour of the Capital, which helped kiddo learn about government. And we strolled through to meet various characters including the mascot dog, Liberty. We have a Jr Ghost Tour planned later in the week and we plan to go back on Saturday to perhaps meet the barber.

I’m very glad they have these children’s activities - they’re designed for children about 10 and younger which is perfect. Oh and I should mention that kiddo got the courage to visit the magazine and see the replica and antique guns. I just don’t think we need to hear the shots.

My mom came with us and she’s been exploring while kiddo is at the camp. She’s enjoyed visiting Yorktown and Jamestown and she’s doing a special tour/event tonight at Colonial Williamsburg. She’s having a good time.

The resort is nice. It’s quiet and has everything we need. Things are clean. They try to push a sales talk but I’m good at saying NO so it’s not been a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion only for lunch or dinner... Food for Thought Restaurant on Richmond Road is very good with good prices and good food. on Route 60.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another suggestion for fun is gokart plus amusement park. It is a small amusement park in Williamsburg . Please checkout their website.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cochon on 2nd is fantastic! But pretty fancy and expensive. Go for lunch if you can.

DRIless

Reaction score
Cochon on 2nd is fantastic! But pretty fancy and expensive. Go for lunch if you can.
Not really fancy although they do have white tablecloths. Not really expensive, but not a tourist all you can eat place. I'm surprised wackylady found it hiding behind the Velvet Shoestring. Chef doesn't chase tourists or give discounts. Mostly locals, it's the best food in town, but I'm biased.
cochonon2nd.com

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had our 15th Anniversary dinner there last month. Yeah, hard to find, expensive, and worth it. They had personalized menus, "Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs.________" for us. Then after the meal, they presented them to us rolled up and tied with a silver ribbon. And they comp'd us dessert of more chocolate that any 4 people need. Very memorable.

We also particularly enjoyed Food For Thought on Richmond Road. Parking is a PITA, but worth it. iirc you can park at Ripley's Believe it or Not. But NOT at the place next door.

Jim

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not really fancy although they do have white tablecloths. Not really expensive, but not a tourist all you can eat place. I'm surprised wackylady found it hiding behind the Velvet Shoestring. Chef doesn't chase tourists or give discounts. Mostly locals, it's the best food in town, but I'm biased.
cochonon2nd.com

Wait, are you the chef? The owner? The chef's mother?

Also, yes, it is pretty hard to find, especially at night. We went right past it on the first approach.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
suggestion only. Ask your Mother to apply for a senior citizen passport card for Colonial Williamsburg & Jamestown Festival park.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We’ve already been to Food for Thought and plan to return :) it’s very good!

We did a Jr ghost tour. Cute but it was just so hot and kiddo was so tired from the week of intense skating. Kiddo just wants to go home now; he’s done, all pooped out :(

I really liked the American Revolution museum in Yorktown. I also loved driving the Colonial Parkway from Yorktown through Williamsburg to Jamestown. It’s a gorgeous drive.

We still have three more days... I booked a hotel in DC and planned to visit museums. I’m hoping kiddo can handle it.

DRIless

Reaction score
We had our 15th Anniversary dinner there last month. Yeah, hard to find, expensive, and worth it. They had personalized menus, "Happy Anniversary, Mr. & Mrs.________" for us. Then after the meal, they presented them to us rolled up and tied with a silver ribbon. And they comp'd us dessert of more chocolate that any 4 people need. Very memorable.

We also particularly enjoyed Food For Thought on Richmond Road. Parking is a PITA, but worth it. iirc you can park at Ripley's Believe it or Not. But NOT at the place next door. Jim
Was at FFT last night with friends and they got a spot but I didn't.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today, July 2, 2018 it is only 97degrees and no it is not dry heat.( With the humility it is over 100 degrees).:doh:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The heat index in Colonial Williamsburg today is only 105 degrees with humility.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
The heat index in Colonial Williamsburg today is only 105 degrees with humility.
You need to make a stop at Snow-To-Go; the best snow cones / ice cream creations ever. I think we went there 3 or 4 times the week we were in Williamsburg.

You have to love their logo as well: "Where it's ok to eat yellow snow". :D

Kurt

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
We enjoyed our trip. It was hot but bearable because so much time was at the ice rink in Yorktown.

We then spent 2 days in DC and that was great, wish we had more time there.

DRIless

Reaction score
But my, was it a wonderful evening! Humility be damned.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
72 today. Clear & dry. Humility be damned!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think we all need more, not less, humility.