TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

WKORV Deluxe OF Studio worth the SO's?

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by LobsterHunter, Oct 4, 2016.

1. tropical1

tropical1 TUG Member

We just came back from our stay at WKORV. We were confirmed in an oceanfront deluxe premium 1 bedroom (that was on the confirmation). However, we were placed in an oceanfront center 5th floor, building 3! It was a fabulous villa/view! I was really looking forward to that corner deluxe unit but I was so happy with our villa! We have been oceanfront at WKORVN a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed it but I see why most prefer oceanfront at WKORV. We were able to enjoy sunsets and fireworks from the comfort of our lanai. We had a few cloudy/rainy days and one night was stormy. I think it was mentioned on another thread that the whole island lost power for several hours.
    We were celebrating our 30th anniversary from a perfect spot!

2. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

If you don't have an OFD Studio but a regular studio there is no lanai at WKORV (South) correct?

The villa floorplans for studios don't show a lanai at all.

3. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

The regular studios have a Juliette balcony, but the OFC and OFD villas have a lanai. CJ

4. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

Thanks ... there were no oceanfront at either resort so I booked a North Studio just to make sure there was a balcony.

5. mauitraveler

mauitraveler TUG Member

Good choice. Enjoy your trip to Maui! CJ

6. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

Just swapped my North studio in April from floating view to oceanfront ... fingers crossed for a high floor to make the extra star options worth it.

Tucsonadventurer likes this.
  7. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
  8. chemteach

chemteach TUG Member

Is the layout of an ocean front deluxe one bedroom the same as the layout of a premium 1 bedroom? Why are they called "deluxe" at WKORV? Trying to figure out future vacations. :).

9. cindylou

cindylou TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV - DOF, OF
    Sheraton Lakeside Terrace
    The main layout is the same, but the deluxe has a very long and large hallway before reaching the kitchen. It's a pretty useless hallway except for storing shoes and grocery bags and water toys. Additionally, the deluxe is a corner unit so the lanai has a 270 degree view of the ocean and the resort or park. Because it's a corner unit, there are windows behind the couch and dining room table, allowing for two walls of light.

10. DavidnRobin

DavidnRobin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV OFD (Maui)
    WPORV (Kauai)
    WSJ-VGV (St. John)
    WKV (Scottsdale)
    The floor plans have been publish.
    The above poster is incorrect about the 1Bd layout between Dlx and Prem OF layouts - not the same. The Dlx is more square and larger with windows on sides resulting in a panoramic view from inside (and better light). The balcony also lets you see back to the resort (pool) and mountains. Effectively - a 270 degree view... This is why the OFD has a disproportionately higher MF/SqFt.

If you are trying to get in via a SO exchange - I do not think you get to choose between OFD and OFC.

We find very good use of the hallway leading into the villa (beach chairs, umbrellas, beach and snorkel stuff. Also, created a living area that seems very separate as there is no view of the front door/entry area based on the L-shape). Also, there is a design layout as why there is a hallway leading to main living area for the OFD as the villa is on corner (thus the L-shape- there would be no physical way to get to this area as it is between the studio and bathroom. The OFC does not suffer from this.

The true waste of space is the bathrooms IMO

I have posted photos and videos of the 1Bd side of the OFD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  11. cindylou

cindylou TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKORV - DOF, OF
    Sheraton Lakeside Terrace
    chemteach and DavidnRobin: I apologize for my lack of specificity. I'm a longtime inconsistent lurker and first time poster. I should have qualified my post with "in my opinion" and "at the macro level" and "a quick but incomplete response would be" because I was at the airport on my way to WKORV and excited to be able to answer a question (at the big picture level) asked only 10 minutes earlier, since we own 2 OFDs and 2 OFCs. We bought the OFC after experiencing the high MFs for the OFD and being somewhat disgruntled at paying almost $1000 more in MFs for what, in our opinion, amounts to a long useless hallway, since the MFs are based on square footage, not necessarily the 270 degree view inside and out or extra windows on one wall. That said, when we're using the OFD we love it, and conveniently forget about the higher MFs. When we are paying the MFs, I'm not a fan of the OFD vs OFC. Usually we stay in the OFD for 2 weeks, then move to the OFC, which then feels slightly darker and cramped, for reasons described above. But either way, we are spoiled with first world problems. Both OFC and OFD have their pros and cons. Mostly pros for both.

DavidnRobin: I could not find the floorpans for OFC and OFD here on TUG. Did I miss them? I see a few generic floorpans on the WKORV Vistana website, but nothing for the OFD that highlights the differences that you mentioned above.

Additionally, I'd like to thank DeniseM, DavidnRobin, and others who provided 100% of our education on timeshare resales, 11 years ago. We had purchased Falcon Point in Avon, CO in 1997 from the developer when we were young and stupid, upgraded to Lakeside Terrace a few years later, paid a fee to join SVN, traded it in to get to Maui multiple years, got tired of island views, decided to buy, almost bought from the developer, found Mark Mullen in Lahaina, stayed up all night reading TUG, then bought our first WKORV resale in 2007. Since then we've purchased 3 more, plus 3 more Lakeside Terrace for extra SOs. All resale. You TUGgers have saved us big bucks. Mahalo!

PamMo, duke, Ken555 and 2 others like this.